• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

While can understand Lloris' frustration with Spurs for being inconsistent on and off the pitch before Pochettino arrived, he cannot shake off his own share of the blame for it. It was Walker and Lloris' mistakes which enabled Liverpool to come back and beat us 3-2 under AVB in 2013. If we had won that match, we would have finished 4th and qualified to the CL. Maybe that could have tempted Bale to stay and AVB would have been the manager longer. I think that moment of madness from Walker and Lloris changed the whole history for Spurs. And Lloris still have not improved his kicks which remain one of the worst among the goalies in the league.
That's a pretty bold statement (no pun intended). But I agree, in the sense that it led to the club making the transfer mistakes it did and learning from them and eventually appointing Poch as the coach. Poch has the potential to change the whole history for Spurs and, had we qualified for CL under AVB, I don't think we'd be anywhere close to building a team for the future as we are now and would have been just one-season wonders and back to the instability and manager merry-go-round of the past.

While can understand Lloris' frustration with Spurs for being inconsistent on and off the pitch before Pochettino arrived, he cannot shake off his own share of the blame for it. It was Walker and Lloris' mistakes which enabled Liverpool to come back and beat us 3-2 under AVB in 2013. If we had won that match, we would have finished 4th and qualified to the CL. Maybe that could have tempted Bale to stay and AVB would have been the manager longer. I think that moment of madness from Walker and Lloris changed the whole history for Spurs. And Lloris still have not improved his kicks which remain one of the worst among the goalies in the league.

What??? you think the problem with AVB not getting 4th was down to one mistake by a keeper who has always been one of our best players?

No offense mate, Lloris is absolutely nowhere on the list of AVB's problems/failures, and that simply isn't how football works (every side can look at 5-10 results a season and claim "what if")

"A festive special as our number one and France captain Hugo Lloris and legendary winger David Ginola talk all things Spurs - look out for a moment of emotion from David as Hugo speaks about spending time with an icon…"

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/features/when-hugo-met-david---/

This is nice :)

It really is lovely that video. Ginola says all the things we want to hear, and sounds very genuine about his love for fans. I still can't quite believe we kept hold of Lloris, so good that he's happy at Spurs now. Ginola didn't let him get much of a word in, but you can see Lloris is chuffed about what G is saying.

Wow, sounds like he was sorely tempted to leave before the ePoch arrived

Understandably so.

I think it was almost certainly also the case with Vertonghen and perhaps a couple more of our players.

Not only keeping Hugo, but keeping him happy at Spurs is some achievement by Pochettino and speaks volumes about how far we've come under him.

If you had asked me 18 months ago if I thought Hugo would stay with us for another 2 years and beyond that I would have been very doubtful. Right now I could easily see him staying past the summer.

Hugo Lloris may not be a Tottenham Hotspur player right now had it not been for the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino. Speaking to French newspaper L'Equipe, in a lengthy interview which mainly focused on France's Euro 2016 hopes, Lloris was asked about a failed moved to Manchester United last summer, and whether he regrets that a big transfer didn't come off.

Rather expertly taking the question away from Manchester United and making it generally more about his own experience with Tottenham, Lloris was quite honest and explained the London club hadn't been one he was happy with before the arrival of the new manager.

But Pochettino changed everything for the Frenchman, and Lloris explained to L'Equipe "I've flourished completely here. I can even say that since the arrival of Pochettino I found new benchmarks.

"My second season here was complicated, I had kept a certain level of performance but collectively there were too many gaps and it had been against the big teams. I had not felt a strong club, but rather an unstable one, with a coaching change in the middle of the season, just the opposite of what I like to see in football. I was actually asking myself questions until Pochettino arrived.

"Even when it was not working yet, I said: "Do not worry, we will get there." His speech was clear, we suddenly knew where we were going. With the quality of the workforce, and work ethic that is in training, there is no reason that we don't progress."

Lloris waxing lyrical about the Tottenham manager will be a joy to supporters of the club. It's clear that players enjoy working for Pochettino and for Lloris it's made him stop asking questions about his own future

Failed move to United? I must have missed that.

What??? you think the problem with AVB not getting 4th was down to one mistake by a keeper who has always been one of our best players?

No offense mate, Lloris is absolutely nowhere on the list of AVB's problems/failures, and that simply isn't how football works (every side can look at 5-10 results a season and claim "what if")

You could pick a number of results from that season that cost us;

Losing 1-0 at home to Fulham
Ade getting sent off against Arsenal when we were on top of them

Saved our asses again with some great saves yesterday. His awareness when Walker messed up was also brilliant, did so well to stop Vardy.

conceding at the near post from a tight angle today against sunderland - anyone think he should have saved that?
The BT pundits questioned his position but it seemed pretty good to me. Not unusual to see keepers beaten at the near post like that, the ball was struck fiercely and from close range, not sure there was much he could have done about it tbh.

Shouldn't be beaten at near post, but i think he might also have been mindful of the ball passed across goal. Not his fault, van Aanholt was bearing down on goal through a great pass which split us open, shot was struck with venom and squeezed under his body - I highly doubt any keeper would've saved that.

conceding at the near post from a tight angle today against sunderland - anyone think he should have saved that?

Lloris without a doubt is one of the best keepers around but he does get beaten far to often at his near post and it is a weakness to his game.

I think all Spurs fans are either drunk or collapsed ... Hugo's thread on page 4, wtf?

Another massively important save at the death for us, along with a couple usuals during game.
I have an exam in a week tomorrow, so I am foregoing the boozy celebrations tonight to 'study'. Needless to say I just can't do anything but revel in the state of this wonderful club.

Let's kick on and beat Swansea in our next league match.

What a vital touch that was in the last minute. Bloody love Hugo, is a real superstar but remains very composed and understated. Love how he's always talking and organising the defence, as a keeper should do.

Back