• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

You're right but the concept applies equally to top 4, IMO

And yet we have had much older teams and failed to make the top 4.

If the players are good enough, with the natural corollary being if the team is good enough we will make top 4, if it is not then we will not, the deciding factor will not be our average age but rather depth of squad. How will we manage if someone like Kane, Lloris, Dier or any key players gets injured or loses form, who steps in. Imagine playing half a season with Vorn in goal? Despite spending more money on their squad then any team in British history Emirates Marketing Project fans bitch about Company being injured, Silva being injured and Aguero losing form

I presume you you failed to detect the sarcasm in my comments. Alan Hansen made that comment on Match of the Day on the first Saturday of the season when Fergie played a bunch of kids - Beckham, Scholes, Giggs & co and they lost 3:1 to Villa. They went on to win the league that season (and possibly the double if I remember rightly)
Missed that. Still applicable though. :)

Lloris is a FANTASTIC shot stopper, but at the weekend I felt he was a bit weak for De Bruyne's goal.

He had a long time to think about it as City broke down the pitch... should he rush out or stay set... in the end he kind of fell backwards as De Bruyne shot, which makes it doubly difficult to make the save... he really should be solid or moving slightly forward, not falling backwards.

It is harsh to pick that out because Lloris has been brilliant as usual and made loads of great saves, but in that instance I was surprised he was falling backwards as the shot came in.

After he cought out of his goal many times, especially aginst city, I think he decided to stay back and recieve a normal goal and it wasn't his first time to make such decIsion.But may be If our defence continue recent good form, Loris may get his confidence back and make better decisions.

After watching him tonight he needs to be rested until his head is right.
We should send him away for 2 weeks off somewhere.

I'm sure he'll be fine, this was always going to be a very emotional game where the actual football wasn't the most important thing.

Perhaps it was even good for him and the French national team to get a run out in a friendly. Just to prove to the terrorists they couldn't stop football.

Just my thoughts...obviously I have no idea what they've been through and how it's affected them, but I'm pretty certain getting back on the pitch is not a bad thing.

After watching him tonight he needs to be rested until his head is right.
We should send him away for 2 weeks off somewhere.

He was carrying the weight of a nation on his shoulders tonight. Tomorrow he'll be back to being a club player.

I'd also rather have Lloris playing with two arms in plaster than I would see Vorm ever play for us again.

I hear you all saying its up to the player but he is never gonna admit there is anything affecting him emotionally.
He played on like an idiot after he went out cold that time endangering his long term health.
He should be given a mandatory week off after the week he's had.
The last thing he needs to be making mistakes against West Ham and having the crowd on his back.

I hear you all saying its up to the player but he is never gonna admit there is anything affecting him emotionally.
He played on like an idiot after he went out cold that time endangering his long term health.
He should be given a mandatory week off after the week he's had.
The last thing he needs to be making mistakes against West Ham and having the crowd on his back.

Did he make a mistake which cost a goal in the match? Did I miss something?
(EDIT) on second viewing he could've done better with the second goal for sure. Having said that, the entire French side could've defended better. I'd say that GB is right on this one personally. I would rather have a slightly sub-par Hugo than Vorm in goal against the spammers personally.

Last edited:
Obviously an impactful experience, but up to club and him to discuss if he's ok, or needs time, think we just have to expect none of the French players would really have been focused tonight.

Fans need to be supportive of him as well ...

He probably needs football more than ever right now.

Second goal was so hard and fast there's little time to react after sensing which way it's going.

Yes, he looked subdued in his demeanour pre-match, but made the usual rushes out to prevent England scoring more. One little blip edge of area where Harry should have done better.

that strike from ali was good and will be very hard to repeat - from distance and dipping into the top corner.
that volley from rooney who struck that ball perfectly at a near distance ... keeper can only stay large and hope for the best.
above all - its a friendly.

If Lloris goes, I'd like Butland. Just saying...

Young and English. Formidable.

Him or Jordan Pickford would probably be easily gettable for less than we'd receive for selling Hugo.
But I'd prefer to keep our French gent. He seems to me just another decent personality to have around the team and I suspect he's rather happy with the idea of being a part of a growing club where he is a senior respected figure. As long as we grow fast enough that he gets to play at the top level.

I would prefer to keep Hugo. If he asks to leave then Butland or Adrian are my choices. In the past, Butland was sometimes poor with his feet, given to smashing it long when under little pressure, however against France last night he actually passed it around so perhaps he has identified that area of his game as something he needs to work on and has been doing so.

Back