• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How stupid are Americans?

This is Mick, in a nutshell.

Says what he means and means what he says. There isnt a hidden agenda, if Mick says he wasnt taking the tinkle out of America then he wasnt taking the tinkle out of America, simple.

I appreciate he could have presented this thread a little more tactfully to show that, as it has clearly been misinterpreted from the moment it was started.

I wonder if a few of our more sensitive American friends hadnt jumped on it straight away whether or not it would have descended into such a mess.

Also, "Im intelligent" and "Douchebaggery" really dont belong in the same post :D

That's nonsense.
I've been treating this thread casually, mostly because it's just a stupid video and a stupid thread (title). I understand that mick meant no ill-will, but he did get just as defensive as us stupid, sensitive crybaby Americans to any criticism, so in my opinion, his actions didn't match his sentiments, even if he stated otherwise. It can be difficult enough to detect sarcasm on a forum, but when someone's being sardonic... well, you have to know the person first otherwise everything seems like it's meant to be inflammatory.

Ok, let the casual racism/nation-bashing continue.

5Ls3C.jpg

I work a lot with designing products and it would be sooo much easier to work in metric, but to convert would cost this country so much money. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as flicking a switch... I blame the British and their imperial nonsense!

That's nonsense.
I've been treating this thread casually, mostly because it's just a stupid video and a stupid thread (title). I understand that mick meant no ill-will, but he did get just as defensive as us stupid, sensitive crybaby Americans to any criticism, so in my opinion, his actions didn't match his sentiments, even if he stated otherwise. It can be difficult enough to detect sarcasm on a forum, but when someone's being sardonic... well, you have to know the person first otherwise everything seems like it's meant to be inflammatory.

Ok, let the casual racism/nation-bashing continue.

Mick really doesnt need me defending him, he is a big boy. Just thought I would offer my thoughts in an attempt to bring clarity.

Certainly not nonsense, I can imagine Mick is the one feeling attacked here rather than the American posters - knowing his intent form the outset.

The only dingdong in this exchange is the dingdong who assumes that he can read my mind across the internet. That would be the same dingdong who assumes that because another American, who I guess is as humourless and ignorant as you are, also hurdles to conclusions, when reading something that they don't have the wit or intelligence to understand. Don't try to make me the spacegoat for your inability to read or comprehend the English language. By the way, if you don't understand the difference between irony and sardonic humour, I would advise you not to make up words that only highlight your ignorance.

I wasn't the only person to call you out on your hypocrisy. In fact, I wasn't even the first. So objectively, we'll just take the fact that you're a hypocrite as a certainty. Subjectively, if we take your word for it, we'll just say that you were being ironical. I'm not a judge, but I imagine that objective facts placing someone at the crime scene carry more weight than the criminal saying they didn't meant to do it.
What a pile of garbage. Learn to use English, then try to reconstruct the sentence to make some sense.

You're right. As an American who is somewhat intelligent, I don't like that Americans are being made to look ignorant, and I'm tired of seeing it on these boards. HOWEVER, my initial post was in no way an attack on you, it was blanket statement of exasperation. You responded by telling me to get off my high horse, and then proceeded to make a high horse remark of your own (which have continued throughout this thread). At the point of your initial douchebaggery, I decided you were personally worthy of my animosity. You've done nothing yet to dispel that notion. I don't think this makes me ignorant. You have multiple posters on this thread telling you you're full of brick. You've earned it.
Earning your dismay or ire has ceased to be an issue to me. You lost all credibility when you declared yourself intelligent, having failed to produce any evidence to support your claim. Using other irate Americans is hardly support, is just a confession of collective stupidity.

My answer to your final assertion is really just going to mirror point #2. I am planning on murdering the people who made the video. Don't worry about that.
Quel surprise​

It's funny that you think making conclusory arguments about my intelligence, or about what I've said, somehow counts as a sufficient rebuttal. Dismissing my observations about your conduct in this thread by questioning my intelligence or comprehension of the English language is entirely childish, and eschews sufficient answers. It merely serves to reinforce the fact that you resort to bullying when the objective consensus is that you're acting like a clam.

For what it's worth, I freaking love America

I'm a very proud Englishman, but if I were to up sticks and go anywhere else in the world, it would be to the USA

USA USA USA!

those diagrams - what exactly is the logic in having the month before the day when writing the date ? never quite got that one

those diagrams - what exactly is the logic in having the month before the day when writing the date ? never quite got that one

I totally agree, it makes no fudging sense. Not sure of the origin of the wonky date order, but the rest of those Imperial measurements are a remnant of our colonial past.

As long as there's an audience for Jeremy Kyle I'm afraid we cannot ask the title question of any other nation. Both viewers and participants come from the shallowest of gene puddles.

I was being entirely facetious and just responding to your barbs. I have nothing but respect for England. Our biggest ally and friend in the world, and a fantastic country (and this in not sarcasm).

Exactly. You werent being totally serious. Neither was I. Just as we all realise that not every american is stupid. Dont take it personally.

As for my opinion on America, great for a holiday but everything is a bit over the top for me to live there all the time. Might go to New York or Vegas next week though as I'm a bit bored in England at the moment.

These arguments are still going on? Don't really see a problem if I'm honest, Mick merely poted a single video regarding the 'matter' - hardly like it means that every American is stupid.

As long as there's an audience for Jeremy Kyle I'm afraid we cannot ask the title question of any other nation. Both viewers and participants come from the shallowest of gene puddles.

I try to tell my missus this, saying watching this brick will numb your braincells... But her reply is "I like to watch it as it makes me appreciate what I've got"... Ok appreciated yet? Can we turn this self important prick off please!?

At the bottom left of every post, there is a clicky that says "Promote to Article". I think it MAY be a mods only button?

If I click it, the whole thread goes onto the front page of GG.

Guess which thread I WON'T be promoting to the front page? :rolleyes:

For the record, I love the States (got married there), and would happily move there from England if the opportunity ever arose.

But, there are total dingdongs everywhere. Sadly, a lot of them seem to be in Crawley. fudging brick-hole. I hate it.

It's funny that you think making conclusory arguments about my intelligence, or about what I've said, somehow counts as a sufficient rebuttal. Dismissing my observations about your conduct in this thread by questioning my intelligence or comprehension of the English language is entirely childish, and eschews sufficient answers. It merely serves to reinforce the fact that you resort to bullying when the objective consensus is that you're acting like a clam.

anyone who has to continually tell everyone that he is intelligent, - in my experience, generally does nothing to prove it. Intelligent people can get their message across without calling the person they are debating with, a clam.

You couldn't manage it.

Quod erat demonstrandum

Back