• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How stupid are Americans?

good decision making on the witty rejoinder there PLJ

I reckon you're going to nail him with that one
- virtually no comeback IMV.......

:D
tbf, it was on the same intellectual level as some of the arguments that have cropped up on this site! Perhaps Glenroyid will dob me in to one of his siblings, I might have to sit on the naughty step again :cry:

It's getting too cordial in here...
...so I'm here to stir the pot (gently).

‘We the People’ Loses Appeal With People Around the World

Americans, generally speaking, think they're the greatest brick in the world. As an American who is first-generation (both my parents were immigrants), I don't have the same red, white, and blue tinted glasses that most of compatriots have. Plus, I'm trying to be objective here, especially in this cosmopolitan forum. And by cosmopolitan, I mean poo-flinging :mickey:

Don't get me wrong. I'd defend this country if necessary, but I am tired of Americans thinking they are number one. The only way I would accept that kind of thinking is if it were actually true, but our standards have fallen so far in the past 20-30 years. Any new democracy that springs up (like what's happening in the Middle East) cannot and should not hold itself to the standards of the US constitution. The article referred to a constitution as an 'operating system' which I found interesting. Some operating systems can be upgraded, patched, and fixed, but they can all be exploited. Ours has some remnants of imperialism and old-world thinking and would not suit a modern democracy. I don't see it as a sacred tablet that GHod gave to Moses, who then passed it on to George Washington and the 'drafters' of the constitution. The fact that it leaves so much open to interpretation perpetuates the stupids here claiming things that don't actually exist in the constitution, such as separation of church and state.
I also did not know that only Mexico and Guatemala were the other countries that saw it as a right for a citizen to bear arms.

My wife is Slovakian and the impression of English people in her country is either of bowler hat wearing gentlemen, or hooligans (which they call 'roadies'). There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground there but, hey, people like stereotypes.

My wife is Slovakian and the impression of English people in her country is either of bowler hat wearing gentlemen, or hooligans (which they call 'roadies'). There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground there but, hey, people like stereotypes.

stereotypes-07.jpg

Americans, generally speaking, think they're the greatest brick in the world. As an American who is first-generation (both my parents were immigrants), I don't have the same red, white, and blue tinted glasses that most of compatriots have. Plus, I'm trying to be objective here, especially in this cosmopolitan forum. And by cosmopolitan, I mean poo-flinging :mickey:

Don't get me wrong. I'd defend this country if necessary, but I am tired of Americans thinking they are number one. The only way I would accept that kind of thinking is if it were actually true, but our standards have fallen so far in the past 20-30 years. Any new democracy that springs up (like what's happening in the Middle East) cannot and should not hold itself to the standards of the US constitution. The article referred to a constitution as an 'operating system' which I found interesting. Some operating systems can be upgraded, patched, and fixed, but they can all be exploited. Ours has some remnants of imperialism and old-world thinking and would not suit a modern democracy. I don't see it as a sacred tablet that GHod gave to Moses, who then passed it on to George Washington and the 'drafters' of the constitution. The fact that it leaves so much open to interpretation perpetuates the stupids here claiming things that don't actually exist in the constitution, such as separation of church and state.
I also did not know that only Mexico and Guatemala were the other countries that saw it as a right for a citizen to bear arms.

Lets face it, Britains ideogogies have stuck with those who they conquered if you look at the court systems, education systems, financial systems, and general infrastructure, the general way of doing things/values. This has been adopted throughout the world.

Lets face it, Britains ideogogies have stuck with those who they conquered if you look at the court systems, education systems, financial systems, and general infrastructure, the general way of doing things/values. This has been adopted throughout the world.

Some say thats why india is in a better state then africa...i would never say this but it is what some say.

Kind of like how Rome took and evolved Greek ideologies?
The only problem is the remnants of our rebellious past allowing us to have guns up the wazoo. But how corporations have come to be counted as citizens and money = free speech... wtf

It's going great in Mexico!

Ciudad Juarez is a great place to visit I hear!

It's going great in Mexico!

Ciudad Juarez is a great place to visit I hear!

Yeah, I heard that the tourists love it there so much that they often don't come back...
A lot of guns are smuggled across the border INTO Mexico while all the drugs get muled over into America. Many of those guns are legally purchased at gun shows, where unlicensed vendors can... you know the story.

Do you guys remember the news story from roughly a year ago about Operation Fast and Furious? Basically, the ATF let a bunch of guns 'walk' across the border into Mexico in order to aid in capturing higher-level gun-traffickers. Turns out that they lost track of the guns until they were found at crime scenes. :special:

Genius!!

Mexico is a fudging basket case!!

The amount of kidnappings is mental!

Went to Acapulco on spring break with my buddies in 2007. The day before we got there they found 12 headless bodies in the town square. Luckily, we just got drunk. Good times.

In my opinion the Indians have been left a legacy and will reap the rewards in a big way

If by that you mean a legacy of a ruling elite, who care little for the impoverished masses, then yes they have learnt well from our empire, we (colonial britain) came, stole their resources, then left once we had built the infrastructure which guaranteed the cycle continued once we left.

It is not the actions of civilised society IMO, we should be ashamed of our empire, the same as americans should be now, to be world police.

Now we have the seemingly endless, utter travesty of coalition forces blowing areas to bits in illegal wars, with use of depleted uranium (which kill millions in a silent part of these wars for ''democracy''), we refuse to help our own troops suffering from Gulf War Syndrome (aka mostly caused by a mixture of heavy metal poisoning from the vaccines they are given and depleted uranium exposure IMO), instill our own oil friendly dictator and will then leave again, once haliburton et al have cleaned up on rebuilding projects, the virtuous cycle of the cold blooded mass murderers IMO.

On top of that, we get shirty that people from those countries living here become radical, go figure... It is an age old response, blaming the blood dripping from our hands rather than the real cause of our wounds (ie the ruling elite).

I want better for our children.

Went to Acapulco on spring break with my buddies in 2007. The day before we got there they found 12 headless bodies in the town square. Luckily, we just got drunk. Good times.

spent 6 weeks in Mexico in 2010 - most the trouble seems to be in the North running up to the border with the US, didn't have one bit of trouble in the places i went and would recommend the Pacific and Caribbean coasts to anyone. (couple of people in our hostel got robbed at knife point but then that can happen anywhere in the world)

So they were headless, you were just legless???

I thank you ...

Back