• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How stupid are Americans?

I used to live in the States, and the Americans I worked with were a good laugh, and intelligent. However, and I have told this story before, I was once asked in a cab "...what language do you speak in England?". I replied "Err, English", and the cab driver responded with a shake of the head, a chuckle, and "We teach you guys EVERYTHING !!".

A friend of mine was in the States in 2010 whilst the world cup was on. He got chatting to a guy who brought up "soccer" so my friend mentioned that the biggest "soccer" tournament, the World Cup was taking place at the moment
"How are Texas doing in it?" The guy asked. My friend explained it was an international tournament and only countries entered, but the USA were doing well and had qualified top of their group.
"Right.....how are New York doing in it?" came the response.

Love America btw, idiots are everywhere including England. I had a girl working for me who once said she was going to go to the staff room to see if she could get the fake tan off her hands by washing it off with bleach!
I once asked her to name 5 countries in Europe, she got 2!
It would have been acceptable if she was fit but she was a horrid, orange little thing.

I used to live in the States, and the Americans I worked with were a good laugh, and intelligent. However, and I have told this story before, I was once asked in a cab "...what language do you speak in England?". I replied "Err, English", and the cab driver responded with a shake of the head, a chuckle, and "We teach you guys EVERYTHING !!".

:D

the best part is that he's allowed to drive!

Who said Americans are thick, just had a girl in front of me on the train, she said im sorry I dont know how to open the window and door as im American !!!!

hahaha er love windows go up and down in the UK the same as they do in the USA, ie up and down and handles turn and the door opens

Who said Americans are thick, just had a girl in front of me on the train, she said im sorry I dont know how to open the window and door as im American !!!!

hahaha er love windows go up and down in the UK the same as they do in the USA, ie up and down and handles turn and the door opens

I had the same thing on a euro star train in lille in france once, bloke infront of me said he could not open the door as he was french, he had me speaking english a few seconds before. Im not convinced he was not just a lazy clam who wanted me to open the door for him.

Maybe she was flirting with you marky?

Sean Penn is a classic example of a stupid American. His comments on the Falklands are pathetic. I know Americans aren't particularly interested in international law, but he really needs educating.

Sean Penn is a classic example of a stupid American. His comments on the Falklands are pathetic. I know Americans aren't particularly interested in international law, but he really needs educating.

He's more of an example of a dumb celebrity than a dumb American.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattcherette/america-summed-up-in-a-single-image
enhanced-buzz-wide-22533-1328162539-151.jpg

USA!

the yanks have been very quiet about Falklands this time though. I mean, its not like they were propping up the Junta last time on one side and supplying our RAF with missles on the other 8-[

Like all nations I'm sure they have their intelligent and not so intelligent people but from my own personal experience most Americans I have met have been as thick as pig brick. Remember jumping in a taxi in Boston once driver asks me where I've come from I say London he then says cool how did you get here? I said how do you mean? His reply 'did you fly or did you drive it'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17184955
How anyone can take the Argentinian side I just can??t understand. The longer this goes on the more childish they look. Hope the sales of Argentinian steak plummet

The Spanish have a better claim to the Falklands than the Argentinean do. Their position is nothing short of colonialism themselves.

Look at this way:

1690 - 1774 - French, British and Spainish all laid claim at times = 84 years
1774- 1820 - Spanish = 46 years
1820 - 1833 - Argentinean = 13 years
1833 - 2012 - English = 179 years

Almost every single islander considers themselves British and want to remain so, despite Argentina making their lives very difficult in remaining to do so. Britain actually wanted to give up the islands in the 70s but a leaseback option to the Argentineans was roundly rejected by the islanders.

When the Argentinean's came to liberate their Falklands brothers, they were surprised to find that they were overwhelmingly told to fudge off an leave them alone.

Rightly, our stance on the islands has been that it is up to the people who live there on whether they wish to be a part of Britain, Argentina or anywhere else. And the answer is Britain.

If oil reserves were not being found in Falklands waters, the Argentineans would have no interest and no sabre rattling would be going on right now. As always, it's a battle over resources.

So, the Argentineans had a 13 year claim to the islands, during which they were mostly disinterested. Nearly nobody on the island speaks Spanish as their first language, carrys an Argentinean passport or considers themselves to have any affinity with Argentina. Nearly nobody on the island wants to be governed by Argentina. The Falklands are 290 miles away from Argentina... In Europoean terms, that could be at least 3 sovreign borders, so it isn't exactly close.

The Argies can go fudging do one on this issue.

The Spanish have a better claim to the Falklands than the Argentinean do. Their position is nothing short of colonialism themselves.

Look at this way:

1690 - 1774 - French, British and Spainish all laid claim at times = 84 years
1774- 1820 - Spanish = 46 years
1820 - 1833 - Argentinean = 13 years
1833 - 2012 - English = 179 years

Almost every single islander considers themselves British and want to remain so, despite Argentina making their lives very difficult in remaining to do so. Britain actually wanted to give up the islands in the 70s but a leaseback option to the Argentineans was roundly rejected by the islanders.

When the Argentinean's came to liberate their Falklands brothers, they were surprised to find that they were overwhelmingly told to fudge off an leave them alone.

Rightly, our stance on the islands has been that it is up to the people who live there on whether they wish to be a part of Britain, Argentina or anywhere else. And the answer is Britain.

If oil reserves were not being found in Falklands waters, the Argentineans would have no interest and no sabre rattling would be going on right now. As always, it's a battle over resources.

So, the Argentineans had a 13 year claim to the islands, during which they were mostly disinterested. Nearly nobody on the island speaks Spanish as their first language, carrys an Argentinean passport or considers themselves to have any affinity with Argentina. Nearly nobody on the island wants to be governed by Argentina. The Falklands are 290 miles away from Argentina... In Europoean terms, that could be at least 3 sovreign borders, so it isn't exactly close.

The Argies can go fudging do one on this issue.

You guys should settle it with a game of football. With guns!

Back