• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harrys Trial

All the bloke cares about is football. When he isn't watching a game or training etc, he is at the golf course, walking his dogs or going for an italian with his missus. What an evil bastard he is.

If he has not paid tax on a payment (which I am sure was an aside rather than his intention) and he gets prison time it would be sickening.

Given the deals he's been involved in at West Ham and Portsmouth, in addition to his most likely quite decent wages, I'd guess the man is stinkin rich.

is it common or even normal for managers, especially rich top flight managers, to be taking %payments from transfers of their players :confused:

Quotes from Harry's interview with NOTW reporter Beasley...

When R asked about his defence for Monaco allegations "I don't want no f***ing... I've got nothing to defend Rob. I aint done nothing wrong"

Beasley "I wish I could leave a hundred grand lying around". Redknapp "Well I can Rob"

R "inland revenue fully aware.. If was something dodgy I'd have gone there, got the money + f***ing brought it back in f***ing briefcase"

Redknapp "Do I need 30 f***ing grand avoid 30 grand income tax? Do I need that Rob? I mean 30 f***ing grand! I'll f***ing give you 30 grand"

Redknapp "Do me a favour. I tried to nick thirty grand to save on income tax by having the money paid offshore. What a load of gonad*s"

Given the deals he's been involved in at West Ham and Portsmouth, in addition to his most likely quite decent wages, I'd guess the man is stinkin rich.

i think the suggestion hes rich solely because of football is frankly laughable. the guy owns half of the south coast

i think the suggestion hes rich solely because of football is frankly laughable. the guy owns half of the south coast

Harry used to own a building (with partners) on the seafront in Southsea - prime location, view of the sea, in the bit of Southsea that's as far away from Portsmouth as possible, etc. Harry and said undesirable business partners wanted to turn the derelict building into flats and make millions, council didn't like the idea and kept blocking permission.

Building burned down this summer, Harry et al now have planning permission.

Very off topic but the talk of Southsea, Portsmouth and Harry...Remember that stadium they were going to build on the water? Just by Gunwharf and that, seemed unrealistic at the time but it probably would have been fudging awesome

Problem was that it would have been built on a penninsula. Not a safe environment for away fans going to any club, let alone the Stokesque mouth breathers they still breed in Portsmouth.

Harry used to own a building (with partners) on the seafront in Southsea - prime location, view of the sea, in the bit of Southsea that's as far away from Portsmouth as possible, etc. Harry and said undesirable business partners wanted to turn the derelict building into flats and make millions, council didn't like the idea and kept blocking permission.

Building burned down this summer, Harry et al now have planning permission.

no doubt the property was insured for fire

Nothing new there I use to work for a major company which could not redevelop an empty site they owned until it burnt down in the 80's Now a very nice residentail/retail property. Doubles all round!!

I truely believe that this will blow up in the faces of the Tax Office....for all Harry's bluffing and hot air, he is a very clever man. He is entirely sure he has done nothing wrong, or, that at least nothing can stick. Saying that, I cant wait for it to finish.

His quotes in the following article dont sound like a scared man who has been found out...

Harry sick of slurs on his name

Harry Redknapp told Premier League bung investigators that "there is nothing on me in this world" and that he is "sick" of slurs on his name.

The Tottenham manager "voluntarily" revealed details about his Monaco bank account during interviews with the Quest inquiry in 2006, top accountant Nigel Layton said at Southwark Crown Court.

Redknapp told Layton "I don't care who looks" as Portsmouth were looked into by the investigation led by former Metropolitan Police commissioner Lord Stevens.

It is alleged Redknapp said: "A friend said to me, he said 'Harry, I can't believe it's always you, I have dealt with you enough times. Your problem is your name, Harry, and you have got a cokney accent'.

"People don't know me and I am sick and tired of it.

"There ain't nobody who is more of a fan... My son has been a top footballer.

"If there is any mud to be thrown, I seem to get on the end of it for whatever reason."

Southwark Crown Court heard transcripts of a conversation which took place between Layton - managing director of Quest - and Redknapp in November 2006.

Redknapp added: "I don't care who looks, your people can look. Nobody will ever find anything on me. I don't care who looks or how hard because there is nothing on me in this world."

Layton and other officials from Quest met Redknapp several times after first talking to Portsmouth executives, including Milan Mandaric and then-chief executive Peter Storrie, in May 2006.

Under cross-examination by Redknapp's lawyer John Kelsey-Fry QC, the financial executive said the manager was "forthcoming" in telling the inquiry about his Monaco account.

"Quest had no power whatsoever to order the disclosure. All we could do was ask for the disclosure," Mr Layton said.

"In this instance, voluntary disclosure was forthcoming."

Redknapp, 64, and Mandaric, 73, deny two counts of cheating the public revenue.

Jurors were also asked to consider how the Spurs boss "simply laughed" when questioned about the Monaco "bung".

Prosecutor John Black QC completed his opening speech by pointing out how Redknapp's story differed from co-defendant Mandaric's.

"Those explanations, the Crown say, are contradictory, inconsistent and lack credibility," Black said.

Black said: "At the heart of the Crown's case is the fact that no tax was paid."

Both payments were employment related and were therefore taxable, Black added.

"You may think in this case there can be no doubt that these payments constitute bonus payments paid while he was manager at Portsmouth," Black told Southwark Crown Court.

Mandaric was determined to "maintain the goodwill" of a talented manager, Black added.

"He was a prime candidate to be poached by other clubs and in the event that was what transpired," the barrister added.

Jurors were asked to consider, "is it credible that Mr Redknapp remained blissfully unaware" of the deposits in the account named after his pet dog, Rosie.

Black also pointed to evidence that Redknapp "simply laughed about it and decided to forget about it all".

Referring to police interviews with Mandaric, Black asked "is there any credibility, you might like to consider" that the payments "constituted a loan".

Black said: "Why, in that case, was Mr Redknapp under such misapprehension?"

Redknapp claimed he "received express reassurances from Mr Mandaric that the tax had been paid", while Mandaric "assumed that Mr Redknapp would take legal advice and make the necessary action".

Both Redknapp and Mandaric deny two counts of cheating the public revenue when Redknapp was manager of Portsmouth Football Club.

The first charge of cheating the public revenue alleges that between April 1, 2002 and November 28, 2007 Mandaric paid 145,000 US dollars (?ú93,100) into the account.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of 150,000 US dollars (?ú96,300) allegedly paid between May 1, 2004 and November 28, 2007.

Can I please request you twitter users head over to mrrobbeasley please, and respond to his anti Harry propaganda. This self confessed gooner, arse hole and sex pest, may not even be the notw clam that's trying to stitch Arry up, but he's a prize bell end on his own merit....

Can I please request you twitter users head over to mrrobbeasley please, and respond to his anti Harry propaganda. This self confessed gooner, arse hole and sex pest, may not even be the notw clam that's trying to stitch Arry up, but he's a prize bell end on his own merit....

I was going to ask about Rob Beasley's allegances. Being a Gooner would fit right!

What references are their for him being an Arsenal fan?

Dare i ask...what is meant by the bolded bit???

The full story will come out during the trial.

The fact is that 'Arry's dog Rosie was an important part of the player selection process at Portsmouth. 'Arry would hold up a photo of a prospective signing and Rosie would bark once for yes and twice for no.

This method led to a decent profit on transfers for which Rosie was entitled to 5% of the transfer fee.

'Arry opened a bank account for Rosie, and the payments were then paid into it.

Being a dog Rosie isn't subject to income tax or national insurance payments so there was no wrong doing.

'Arry is completely innocent of all charges having merely acted as a responsible owner in doing his best for his beloved pet dog.

I hope that clears the matter up.

I was going to ask about Rob Beasley's allegances. Being a Gooner would fit right!

What references are their for him being an Arsenal fan?

Dare i ask...what is meant by the bolded bit???

If its the right twitter account, it says he's an arsenal fan

The rest, he just jibbers on about what he is, full of his own self importance as if anyone gives a flying fudge. I translated it as he's a clam etc.

If its the right twitter account, it says he's an arsenal fan

The rest, he just jibbers on about what he is, full of his own self importance as if anyone gives a flying fudge. I translated it as he's a clam etc.

Ok. Where doesn it say or describe himself as a 'sex pest?'

beasley is chelsea through and through. bald fella who often does the hacks show on sunday mornings with woolnough

The full story will come out during the trial.

The fact is that 'Arry's dog Rosie was an important part of the player selection process at Portsmouth. 'Arry would hold up a photo of a prospective signing and Rosie would bark once for yes and twice for no.

This method led to a decent profit on transfers for which Rosie was entitled to 5% of the transfer fee.

'Arry opened a bank account for Rosie, and the payments were then paid into it.

Being a dog Rosie isn't subject to income tax or national insurance payments so there was no wrong doing.

'Arry is completely innocent of all charges having merely acted as a responsible owner in doing his best for his beloved pet dog.

I hope that clears the matter up.

:D

Rob Beasley is a Chelsea fan, its come up many times on Sunday Supplement

Back