• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harrys Trial

Ok following a trial through twitter is rubbish...... Now i have just read that Mandric opened the Monaco account for Harry???....no bloody context at all.

Ok following a trial through twitter is rubbish...... Now i have just read that Mandric opened the Monaco account for Harry???....no bloody context at all.

Actually this is unproven as yet. Harry told the Quest enquiry that Mandric opened the account. This was when he was being investigated for payments related to Rio Ferdinand's transfer (which he did pay tax on incidentally)

Actually this is unproven as yet. Harry told the Quest enquiry that Mandric opened the account. This was when he was being investigated for payments related to Rio Ferdinand's transfer (which he did pay tax on incidentally)

Ta

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/24/harry-redknapp-threatened-sue-the-gonad*s-off-a-journliast_n_1227089.html?ref=uk

You have to laugh at the headline

A few questions I dont get from this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16698153

Why is it a "crime" to keep a secret bank account?
Why do you have to tell the Inland Revenue if you have a bank account abroad?
How is there any proof that Mandaric's letter asking for the money back was just a ploy?
How can the prosecution actually stand there in court and seriously use info from a News of the World journo? I repeat, News of the World.

Do people still think the chances of him going to jail are slim?

Yes. The media's rhetoric is sensationalist, but it always going to be so during the prosecution's phase of the proceedings. My guess is that he won't be found guilty but will be told he does owe tax and he will happily pay that tax to get this whole saga behind him.

Plan B, if things go the shape of a pear?

Liga - Mourinho 'to quit in June'

Jose Mourinho will quit his job as Real Madrid manager this summer, according to media reports in Spain.

News of strife at the Bernabeu comes at the worst possible time, with Real fans having booed and whistled Mourinho at the weekend, and the Madrid club facing a crunch Copa del Rey clash against arch-rivals Barcelona on Wednesday.

The claim that Mourinho will quit came from highly-respected Spanish football journalist Siro Lopez, who said after Real Madrid's 4-1 win against Athletic Bilbao at the weekend that the former Chelsea boss will walk away from his ?ú11.5 million-a-year job at the end of the season.

Lopez, who writes about football for newspaper AS, claimed that his source was one of Mourinho's closest allies.

That claim was apparently bolstered on Monday when another Spanish newspaper, Marca, published embarrassing details of a training ground argument between Mourinho and one of his key defenders, Sergio Ramos.

Mourinho told Ramos "you killed me", referring to a post-match interview that the Portuguese manager claimed had been disloyal, adding that, "as you Spanish are world champions, your friends in the press protect you ... like the goalkeeper," he added, referring to Iker Casillas.

At that point, Casillas shouted over angrily at Mourinho: "Boss, here we say things to each other's faces."

Mourinho then argued with Ramos about his failure to mark Carles Puyol during one of Barcelona's goals in the first-leg Cup match last week - a barb which Ramos met with an arch jibe at Mourinho's lack of experience as a player.

"Depending on the match situation, sometimes it’s necessary to change the marking. And as you have never been a player, you wouldn’t know that this is sometimes necessary," Ramos told his boss.

Ramos later denied on his Twitter feed that there was a rift at the club, saying, "this is a great group that is well united, no matter what is said."

Reuters

Yes. The media's rhetoric is sensationalist, but it always going to be so during the prosecution's phase of the proceedings. My guess is that he won't be found guilty but will be told he does owe tax and he will happily pay that tax to get this whole saga behind him.

Hopefully they'll treat him more like an MP who stole tax money and let him off with a fine rather than send him down. From what I've gleaned the whole situation seems dodgy but to put him away for it would be ridiculous. Unless he could get day/night release for games.

Hopefully they'll treat him more like an MP who stole tax money and let him off with a fine rather than send him down. From what I've gleaned the whole situation seems dodgy but to put him away for it would be ridiculous. Unless he could get day/night release for games.

I think he is as guilty as sin personally. He took a risk and got pulled up on it. But in terms of tax evaded, it's not a large amount. The danger is if he is found guilty the judge tries to make an example of him.

But my personal take on the situation is that he won't be found guilty but despite that verdict will be told that ignorance is no excuse. He'll be told to pay the tax he owes and most likely the court costs as well, but no fine or criminal record.

Look at it from Levy's point of view

Should/ could Levy have said "Harry, I know you think it is Mandaric's fault, I know you think you have done nothing wrong, but please just pay the money and I will reimburse you. Then we can carry on without any distraction such as you spending 2 weeks at a trial and the possibility of big fines and further court cases or jail time... you can then put out a statement if you like saying you feel you aren't guilty but I Daniel Levy wanted to pay it to focus on Spurs' title hopes"

Would have been a much cleaner resolution for a poxy amount of money equivalent to a week's wages for a non-playing player like Dos Santos or Pav

And here's one for 1882 the purple conspiracy theorist: Maybe Levy didn't want a clean resolution, maybe he wants Harry's name to be dirtied so the FA won't go near him - that is the ideal outcome for Spurs and Levy

Look at it from Levy's point of view

Should/ could Levy have said "Harry, I know you think it is Mandaric's fault, I know you think you have done nothing wrong, but please just pay the money and I will reimburse you. Then we can carry on without any distraction such as you spending 2 weeks at a trial and the possibility of big fines and further court cases or jail time... you can then put out a statement if you like saying you feel you aren't guilty but I Daniel Levy wanted to pay it to focus on Spurs' title hopes"

Would have been a much cleaner resolution for a poxy amount of money equivalent to a week's wages for a non-playing player like Dos Santos or Pav

And here's one for 1882 the purple conspiracy theorist: Maybe Levy didn't want a clean resolution, maybe he wants Harry's name to be dirtied so the FA won't go near him - that is the ideal outcome for Spurs and Levy

Kind of misses the point because they are prosecuting for a crime. They believe he intentionally sought to defraud the public purse, so it is not about a mistake in their eyes but fraud. The decision to take this to Crown Court was that of the CPS, who clearly believe this is far more serious to allow him to simply pay back any money he may owe.

I don't think you always get the opportunity to settle what you owe. I know someone who forgot to put a piddly bit of pension her husband got on a housing benefit form. It was discovered, she apologised and offered to pay the couple of hundred she owed but it went to court. Complete waste of time as they said she had to pay what was owed and she has no criminal record.
If the IR, councils or whoever think you purposely tried to defraud them then they will take it to court first.

Kind of misses the point because they are prosecuting for a crime. They believe he intentionally sought to defraud the public purse, so it is not about a mistake in their eyes but fraud. The decision to take this to Crown Court was that of the CPS, who clearly believe this is far more serious to allow him to simply pay back any money he may owe.

I've mentioned here before that HMRC are out to get anyone with connections to Portsmouth at that time. They are under the impression that the management at Portsmouth saw tax evasion as a game - they were especially tinkled off at all the "image rights" contracts that they convinced a lot of players to take.

Back