• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I thought Skipp did fine last season. Obviously, Bentancur is better but for his age, I thought Skipp was where he should've been. That injury really screwed him up which was sad as I think it's hampered his development quite a bit at a time when he was showing very pleasing progress. As for Conte not rotating the team ever, I am really getting the feeling that he's not the right manager for us despite the miracle he performed last season, but that's going off topic. Basically, it's great to see club-trained players make it and of all the midfielders, I thought Skipp would be the one to become a real player for us despite Winks doing alright.

People have so quickly forgotten how good SKipp was for us before injury and Sarr shown recently what he can do. I think alot of this comes down to the whole criticism of our transfer policy influencing peoples opinion

It is praise.
Carrick is a ball washer, as is Modric.
I.e. you pass the ball at them too hard, at knee height, slightly behind them and they have enough awareness and skill to calmly give a clean pass to someone else 10 yards away at the right pace and into their favoured foot, enabling that player to look up and start play, easily.
It is not at all exciting but it is a skill, to clean the play.
It's brilliant to watch Carrick and modric do this at a high frequency, passing with ease in 360' awareness.

Winks has like 270' awareness, missing that 90` forward vision or lacks the courage to work that space. If he overcomes that he'd be a really good midfielder

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

People have so quickly forgotten how good SKipp was for us before injury and Sarr shown recently what he can do. I think alot of this comes down to the whole criticism of our transfer policy influencing peoples opinion

No doubt he's a talented player and we are lucky to have him. Haven't seen many people suggesting he's crap, we (Spurs fans) love to see one of our own, same as any team I guess. It's just a shame it takes an injury crisis to get him on the pitch but hope he'll crush it in the coming months.

Edit - Plus good to see Winks has come in to a bit of form for Sampadoria of late, hope it continues.

No doubt he's a talented player and we are lucky to have him. Haven't seen many people suggesting he's crap, we (Spurs fans) love to see one of our own, same as any team I guess. It's just a shame it takes an injury crisis to get him on the pitch but hope he'll crush it in the coming months.

Edit - Plus good to see Winks has come in to a bit of form for Sampadoria of late, hope it continues.

I think its more the tone of "oh dear we now rely on Skipp that I am at odds with

Agree on Winks, lovely bloke who I hope does well for himself, the fans apparently taken to him in his recent performances, lovely to see

His injury is a reason he's had less opportunity on the pitch.
Bale, Lennon and Kane all spring to mind as players that suddenly got an extended chance from someone else's injury......Skipp and Sarr both have an opportunity now

Let me present to you possibly the biggest winner from our playing staff if Postecoglou arrives...Mr Harry Billy Winks!!

With Ange playing a deep lying midfielder sitting in front of the back 4 to recycle the ball, Skipp and Winks are ideally suited.

We also will probably need to blow most of our cash on a GK, CB, midfielder and possibly wide forward leaving limited funds available for other positions like this.

I know he's not the most popular on here and I hadnt ever seen a way back for him, but there's always winners and losers from manager changes, and Winks could be the winner here.

Let me present to you possibly the biggest winner from our playing staff if Postecoglou arrives...Mr Harry Billy Winks!!

With Ange playing a deep lying midfielder sitting in front of the back 4 to recycle the ball, Skipp and Winks are ideally suited.

We also will probably need to blow most of our cash on a GK, CB, midfielder and possibly wide forward leaving limited funds available for other positions like this.

I know he's not the most popular on here and I hadnt ever seen a way back for him, but there's always winners and losers from manager changes, and Winks could be the winner here.

No

Put your tin hat on, he's a pariah.

let’s see. We have Skipp for that role but need a second option, and I don’t see that we’ll have the funds for anyone better than Skipp

Isn't Winks just Skipp without the forward passing ... and skipp is just JWP without the free kicks ..

Isn't Winks just Skipp without the forward passing ... and skipp is just JWP without the free kicks ..

Interesting viewpoint! I still dont see us signing a DM this summer. There will be some winners (as always) under a new manager resulting from a complete change in tactics - sometimes those benficiaries are difficult to predict but moving from a defensive manager to attacking/passing one suggests it'll be those players better on the ball and less physical/defensive - so Winks, Gil, maybe Porro, Devine, etc - as well as full-backs who aren't wing backs, like Reggie, Royal etc

Interesting viewpoint! I still dont see us signing a DM this summer. There will be some winners (as always) under a new manager resulting from a complete change in tactics - sometimes those benficiaries are difficult to predict but moving from a defensive manager to attacking/passing one suggests it'll be those players better on the ball and less physical/defensive - so Winks, Gil, maybe Porro, Devine, etc - as well as full-backs who aren't wing backs, like Reggie, Royal etc

Standard but you mentioned more attacking ... winks is not that.

I think playing porro in an attacking position would be a masterstroke

Standard but you mentioned more attacking ... winks is not that.

I think playing porro in an attacking position would be a masterstroke

No but that DM position in Ange's formation really seems to hold his position. With the ball they seem to set up as:

-----------------CB------------CB---------------

--------FB------------DM------------FB-------

-----------------AM------------AM---------------

-RW------------------CF------------------LW----- <<< wide men very wide, so well suited for Son, Gil, Porro

So the DM position is well suited to Skipp, and also to Winks (he got good reviews in Italy playing in that role). Would have been nice to sign Guimaraes for that position, but we'll ahve to look for the next version of him next summer, depending on how well Skipp kicks on

No but that DM position in Ange's formation really seems to hold his position. With the ball they seem to set up as:

-----------------CB------------CB---------------

--------FB------------DM------------FB-------

-----------------AM------------AM---------------

-RW------------------CF------------------LW----- <<< wide men very wide, so well suited for Son, Gil, Porro

So the DM position is well suited to Skipp, and also to Winks (he got good reviews in Italy playing in that role). Would have been nice to sign Guimaraes for that position, but we'll ahve to look for the next version of him next summer, depending on how well Skipp kicks on

He would probably get good reviews playing in Scotland or Portugal... just have to disagree I'm afraid

Back