• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Good thing is that he's playing again. Hopefully he can play regularly over the remainder of the season and a PL team will take him this summer

Definitely. Doubt there's a way back to regular football for us for him, particularly not as long as Conte is here. But he's a good player on the right system. Would do well at several mid table PL clubs imo.

Hopefully he can put in a number of good performances. That will help us get a better price for him hopefully.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

It's actually a nice feeling knowing we HAVE to use Skipp and Sarr and see what they are made of (possibly Devine too) and we can't go back to N'Dombele, Winks, Lo Celso.

They might not cut it but at least we'll find out and can then address in the summer
I thought Skipp did fine last season. Obviously, Bentancur is better but for his age, I thought Skipp was where he should've been. That injury really screwed him up which was sad as I think it's hampered his development quite a bit at a time when he was showing very pleasing progress. As for Conte not rotating the team ever, I am really getting the feeling that he's not the right manager for us despite the miracle he performed last season, but that's going off topic. Basically, it's great to see club-trained players make it and of all the midfielders, I thought Skipp would be the one to become a real player for us despite Winks doing alright.

Aptly named the ‘washing machine’ by the Italian press!
Not heard that or sure what it means, but guess it’s some sort of compliment? The Sampdoria season ticket holder I work with thinks he’s been their best player since his debut 5 or so games ago. I’ve watched a couple of these myself and I’d agree. It’s damned with faint praise though as Sampdoria are unfortunately appalling!

Not heard that or sure what it means, but guess it’s some sort of compliment?
It is praise.
Carrick is a ball washer, as is Modric.
I.e. you pass the ball at them too hard, at knee height, slightly behind them and they have enough awareness and skill to calmly give a clean pass to someone else 10 yards away at the right pace and into their favoured foot, enabling that player to look up and start play, easily.
It is not at all exciting but it is a skill, to clean the play.

Back