• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Who knows whether things might have worked out differently if not for that injury (at Burnley?) with the water bottle crate. He was never quite the same after that.
Agreed, as soon as it happened I knew it was baaaad news for him.
Same when Kane went over on his ankle.
Same when Muamba crocked Bale.
Same when Charlie Adam crocked Bale.
Same when Bowyer crocked Modric.
Same when Sandro's knee popped. And Bentancur. I have a 6th sense for doom.

Surely that was last season when he maestroed at Sampdoria? I'm sure he would have stay there if they've stayed up

He played well for them, but they didn't perform well.
If he goes down to the championship he will see a lot more of the ball and should get a lot more wins than he did last season.

I'm surprised he hasn't looked at Spain.

If he goes down to the championship he will see a lot more of the ball and should get a lot more wins than he did last season.

Yeah, especially with his Spanish heritage/grandparents

Feels about like 2cv and a few others who left us, not quite good enough for us but too good for where he is.
Hope he can use this as a stepping stone to something better.
Good luck lad.

You think he'd walk into the team at Fulham, Palace, Wolves, Bournemouth etc. though
Well quite clearly he doesn't have many suitors at home nor abroad. And he's been on the market for some time. So maybe he's found his level.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Well quite clearly he doesn't have many suitors at home nor abroad. And he's been on the market for some time. So maybe he's found his level.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

There's a reasonable chance that Leicester are back in the PL next year, and Bournemouth and Wolves are in the Championship

I don't know why people keep talking about Spain as if that is an option. He's not stand out in Spain either, he'd be even worse there. He's tidy by English player PL standards but there is absolutely nothing standout in his passing by Spanish standards. Players like him are dime a dozen in La Liga B and C.

Do you think they want players who just pass the ball sideways and safely in Spain or something? [emoji1787]

They want expansive passers even more than they do here. Winks is the opposite of what they look for in Spain. [emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I don't know why people keep talking about Spain as if that is an option. He's not stand out in Spain either, he'd be even worse there. He's tidy by English player PL standards but there is absolutely nothing standout in his passing by Spanish standards. Players like him are dime a dozen in La Liga B and C.

Do you think they want players who just pass the ball sideways and safely in Spain or something? [emoji1787]

They want expansive passers even more than they do here. Winks is the opposite of what they look for in Spain. [emoji1787]

Vinny Samways absolutely bossed Spain, and was exactly the same sort of player as Winks

It’s a shame, I’ll miss him.

Also, it’s a shame because I fudging hate Leicester and he guarantees they’ll come back up, he’s way too good for the championship, he’ll be the best player in it by a mile.

Yeh but he was hardly smashing Spain up really

As a player he was - he was quite a big deal there round about 2000-2 time. He was bizarrely known as 'the hard man of Spanish football'.

Bearing in mind that was pre-Galactico era and La Liga wasn't especially strong or high profile compared to what it became.

I think he's definitely premier league standard but I'd expect Leicester to come up next season anyway, a season away with regular game time and lower expectations will suit him well. Good luck to him.

Never seemed the same player after his injury a few years back.

As a player he was - he was quite a big deal there round about 2000-2 time. He was bizarrely known as 'the hard man of Spanish football'.

Bearing in mind that was pre-Galactico era and La Liga wasn't especially strong or high profile compared to what it became.

Harry winks now comparable to a "Hard man"?

Harry winks now comparable to a "Hard man"?
2 seasons in the top division (including a relegation) and 3 in the lower tier are now bossing it. [emoji1787]

Got a transfer back to La Liga Sevilla and couldn't get a game. So basically what would probably happen to Winks if he went there as well. [emoji28][emoji1787]

Back