• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

No but that DM position in Ange's formation really seems to hold his position. With the ball they seem to set up as:

-----------------CB------------CB---------------

--------FB------------DM------------FB-------

-----------------AM------------AM---------------

-RW------------------CF------------------LW----- <<< wide men very wide, so well suited for Son, Gil, Porro

So the DM position is well suited to Skipp, and also to Winks (he got good reviews in Italy playing in that role). Would have been nice to sign Guimaraes for that position, but we'll ahve to look for the next version of him next summer, depending on how well Skipp kicks on
Winks is a terrible DM. Poor positionally, weak in challenges and can't tackle etc. He's not a DM at all. He could play as part of a double pivot (poorly) but that does not make hima DM. Play in that role alone and he will be lost.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Sorry that he was never able to fulfil his potential at Spurs. I thought Ange might have been able to use him, but I guess him being off contract at the end of the season probably complicated it. It wouldn't surprise me if Winks really wanted out too.

Will always remember his break out season, including Real Madrid at Wembley, fondly. Hope he goes on to have a great career at Leicester.

Talk that this is £7.5m + £4m in add ons (Leicester being promoted.) So, although I know it's not as simple as this, that basically makes Maddison just over £30m, which is an absolute steal.

Who knows whether things might have worked out differently if not for that injury (at Burnley?) with the water bottle crate. He was never quite the same after that.
Who will ever forget that goal against West Ham and the celebration with Poch. Will always be a hark back to good days/memories.

Who knows whether things might have worked out differently if not for that injury (at Burnley?) with the water bottle crate. He was never quite the same after that.
Who will ever forget that goal against West Ham and the celebration with Poch. Will always be a hark back to good days/memories.
Yeah, I'll always have a soft spot for Winks. Him coming through was symbolic of the feel-good factor during the Poch years -- local youngster, living the Spurs dream, bossing midfield against Real F***ing Madrid!

I wish him all the best at Leicester. I'm sure he'll receive a warm welcome from the Spurs faithful if we ever play them again.

Tbf only Winks and Rose played really well in the CL final.
They didn't play "well" they were just better than the absolute brick the rest of the team put in. They were both still mediocre.

I actually think that's the worst final I've ever watched. It was dreadful from both sides.

But as for Winks good luck to him. Not shocked that he's going to a Championship side but I thought he might get a relegation battler instead.

They didn't play "well" they were just better than the absolute brick the rest of the team put in. They were both still mediocre.

I actually think that's the worst final I've ever watched. It was dreadful from both sides.

But as for Winks good luck to him. Not shocked that he's going to a Championship side but I thought he might get a relegation battler instead.

My view is everyone was average like 5 or 6 out of 10 but rose and winks were more like 8 out of 10.

I thought they both performed very well.

In the same way that I could see Winks doing well in Italy or Spain, I think he'd do better with a top half Championship team than Premier League relegation fodder. He'll be able to play his short passing game, perhaps be good enough to dictate the game's flow. If all goes well, hopefully Leicester will just miss out on promotion but Winks will have put himself in the shop window enough to get a chance at a mid-table Prem side.

Back