• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
hmmmm, not sure about that chich.......redknapp sets records (defensive, home pitch strength etc etc), gets us into the champions league, and then into the Quarter finals , has a better points per game average, encourages better football overall IMO, has people unanimously acknowledging us as a top and exciting side, took us on a mother of all runs this season .......and a whole host of other stuff not least of all transfers and getting the best out of players.....

i dont agree at all tbh about what you're saying and the timing of you saying something like this i dont think is remotely coincidental

Africanspurs, I think most, including me, are commenting on Rednapp as almost a past tense as it is certain he will leave. When you do that you take that look on a "past" manager you get the opposite of the rose tinted glasses you get while they are committed and in charge. The fact is right now we have lost 3 in a row with a manager who is not committed to the club.

Today reminded me of the Jol era.

Go out and be completely useless for 45 minutes or at the very least until they score, then have a Martin Jol half time talk and things turn around. Either turn the match around, or don't. Depends on luck and form on the day. Pretty much what Jol did with Fulham when we played them away this season as well.

Luckily this hasn't been the norm under Harry, cause it's fantastically frustrating and annoying.

Today reminded me of the Jol era.

Go out and be completely useless for 45 minutes or at the very least until they score, then have a Martin Jol half time talk and things turn around. Either turn the match around, or don't. Depends on luck and form on the day. Pretty much what Jol did with Fulham when we played them away this season as well.

Luckily this hasn't been the norm under Harry, cause it's fantastically frustrating and annoying.

dunno about that, there have been plenty of poor first half's followed by big improvements this season IMO

Fresh from the men who brought you 'Vega in Vegas!' and Tony Pulis' award winning 'Swan Lake 2; Put it in the Mixer' comes a tale of horrifying depravity that will move your very soul.

Follow the story of young, fresh faced Luka Modric as he is lured to London with the promise of money and a good life, only to find himself trapped and alone once the bars come down. Caged by the evil, sadistic Daniel Levy, Modric is forced to work two-hour shifts on weekends, and must somehow survive on 45,000 pounds a week. But one day, amid the chaos and terrifying insanity of Tottenham's annual collapse, Luka spots a chance to escape, and a path to the sunlit fields of Abramovichia, with a little help from a friendly agent. Will our young hero survive? Will he take his chance to be free?

Find out this St.Totteringham's Day in

'No Like Chicken Badge'
A Croatian's Tale

15+.

Very good!

I place Redknapp on par with Keegan as a great motivating coach who produces stylish free flowing sides which can go on great runs of form but ultimately fail to win much silverware due to their lack of tactical awareness.

With ARSEnal now on our coattails after having been 10 points behind, this season is becoming worryingly reminiscent of Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 1995 when they threw away a similar double digit lead to ManU in the latter stages of the season.

hmmmm, not sure about that chich.......redknapp sets records (defensive, home pitch strength etc etc), gets us into the champions league, and then into the Quarter finals , has a better points per game average, encourages better football overall IMO, has people unanimously acknowledging us as a top and exciting side, took us on a mother of all runs this season .......and a whole host of other stuff not least of all transfers and getting the best out of players.....

i dont agree at all tbh about what you're saying and the timing of you saying something like this i dont think is remotely coincidental

Yeah the timming makes it look bad but as someone who was a massive jol fan i had to be won over by redknapp. I basically feel that redknapp got lucky by having better players in his squad and having levy come to him and ask him if he wanted vdv.

Redknapp has done well no arguments there but i do wonder and will wonder for the next few years who was better jol or redknapp. I know the results would suggest redknapp because he got us further but i was at the semi final against pompey i remember our uefa cup campaign and also the league cup final which were massive let downs. Maybe i am holding that against redknapp and to the fact that he has thrown a 10 point lead for us to miss out on the champs league this season add to that that im going to the home game against bolton in the cup which we will lose. Yes im annoyed but to be honest i rate jol higher and i think i always will.

Redknapp is a better manager than Jol and that's all there is to it. How many leads do we throw away in the last few minutes under Jol? How many leads did we throw away against Arsenal? We've only lost once to the scum after taking the lead since Redknapp took charge. Our tactics were always too negative in the second half against Arsenal, we just sat back and invited them to come at us, which they always did. Our away form has improved under Redknapp. Jol should have got rid of Robinson, but he didn't and it was left to Ramos to ultimately move him on. Redknapp realised Gomes was becoming a liablity, so he went out and got a far more reliable keeper in Friedel.

True, maybe. I remember stories about jol wanting pretov and distin but got a very young kaboul and boatang.

Im not having a pop here because obviously the whole ramos thing did not work out but i also feel we have not made any progress the last 5 years. I know we got to play in the champs league and we might again next year though i have my doubts. I just feel that as a team we make the same bad choices in games.

Not been to impressed i had hoped we would have progressed as a club over the 5 year period. Sure the non football side has but i feel we are making the same sort of mistakes as 5 years ago.

Im sure i will be shouted down for this but i hope redknapp gets the england job, just hope the next appointment is an experinced one who has control over the players he wants at the club. The lack of wide players is odd when our main 2 are gone.

i think we have improved massively as a club over the last 5 years, interms of players and club infanstrucutre

we are stable and sustainable and should be up in the top 5 for years to come

i still think people are getting carried away because we've been 3rd for so long - before the season we thoguht 4th is realistic but will be a fight. it'll be 4th or 5th.

even if we end up 5th - that is NOT a failure. i think we'll make CL, whether its 3rd or 4th we shall see - mental pressure will determine that

Yeah the club has got better last 5 years the new trainning gorund and stadium coming along also our young players are looking like at being a higher level. Im talking about the first team and i feel we are making the same mistakes as 5 years ago. I am not best pleased.

even if we end up 5th - that is NOT a failure

I think MOST spurs fans will disagree with you. Jol was sacked for getting 5th with a vastly inferior squad. IF Rednapp blows it, let England have him.

I think MOST spurs fans will disagree with you. Jol was sacked for getting 5th with a vastly inferior squad. IF Rednapp blows it, let England have him.

I have always said that i do not think the FA will offer Redknapp the job, however i am begining to hope that i am wrong.

Very true. Pre-Season that was the expectation, and the season should be judged over 38 games. Unfortunately most fans have a very short term view and will judge after only a couple of games (both ways, some get too optimistic and over rate the team, some the opposite based on a couple of results or performances). The perception is frustrating because we were comfortably in third, but maybe we were comfortably in third because we hadn't had this tough run of games for example. As it stands we are STILL third and after Chelsea we have a run of games where we should close it out.

Losing against Arsenal and Everton away is obviously not great, but it's hardly disasterous over 38 games. I see some of our more arrogant fans regard Everton as fodder, but they are delusional. FFS, Everton have now beaten City, Chelsea and ourselves at home on the bounce. Hardly pushovers or a guaranteed 3 points are they?

Ending this season 5th, having at one point been 10+ points ahead of the competitors in 5th place and having spent most of the season in 3rd is a failure. I'm not sure how that can even be argued, having had the 28 games we've already had?

Very true. Pre-Season that was the expectation, and the season should be judged over 38 games. Unfortunately most fans have a very short term view and will judge after only a couple of games (both ways, some get too optimistic and over rate the team, some the opposite based on a couple of results or performances). The perception is frustrating because we were comfortably in third, but maybe we were comfortably in third because we hadn't had this tough run of games for example. As it stands we are STILL third and after Chelsea we have a run of games where we should close it out.

Losing against Arsenal and Everton away is obviously not great, but it's hardly disasterous over 38 games. I see some of our more arrogant fans regard Everton as fodder, but they are delusional. FFS, Everton have now beaten City, Chelsea and ourselves at home on the bounce. Hardly pushovers or a guaranteed 3 points are they?

Getting CL football was a stated goal by Harry, I think before the season started, if not then fairly early in the season. Did we really expect and accept that either Arsenal or Liverpool would be ahead of us this season?

I would have accepted an unlucky loss against a good Everton side like I pretty much accepted and was happy with the performance after we lost against United. The first half performance against Everton was to me unacceptable though. As was the Arsenal performance. We're better than that! That's not delusional. Commentators yesterday said that Everton hadn't lost at Goodison in something like 3 years when they scored first. That's how solid they are. Overturning that is the position we put ourselves in with a lackluster, disjointed, shocking first half performance. This is unacceptable. The fact that delusional fans with poor long-term memory also thinks it's unacceptable doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Ending this season 5th, having at one point been 10+ points ahead of the competitors in 5th place and having spent most of the season in 3rd is a failure. I'm not sure how that can even be argued, having had the 28 games we've already had?

Short termism and pure perception. It's over 38 seasons that matters. For example, say there is a freak in the fixture computer and you don't play any of the top four (home or away) until the last 8 games of the season. I'd expect Spurs to be leading the Premiership on the 30th game if that was the case, but wouldn't expect them to win it.

If you have a run of easy fixtures and win them all, it doesn't mean you're a brilliant team. If you have a run of hard fixtures and lose them all, doesn't mean you're a brick team. Example

Everton (H) - 3 points
Utd (A) - 0
Fulham (H) - 3
Arsenal (A) - 0
QPR (A) - 3
City (A) - 0
Bolton (H) - 3
Wigan (H) - 3

is EXACTLY the same in form as

Everton (H) - 3
Bolton (H) - 3
Wigan (H) - 3
QPR (A) - 3
Fulham (H) - 3
Utd (A) - 0
Arsenal (A) - 0
City (A) - 0

And yet if the order of the games at the start of the season was fixture list two we'd be top of the league after 5 matches and talking about a collapse once we lost against the other three.

Getting CL football was a stated goal by Harry, I think before the season started, if not then fairly early in the season. Did we really expect and accept that either Arsenal or Liverpool would be ahead of us this season?

I would have accepted an unlucky loss against a good Everton side like I pretty much accepted and was happy with the performance after we lost against United. The first half performance against Everton was to me unacceptable though. As was the Arsenal performance. We're better than that! That's not delusional. Commentators yesterday said that Everton hadn't lost at Goodison in something like 3 years when they scored first. That's how solid they are. Overturning that is the position we put ourselves in with a lackluster, disjointed, shocking first half performance. This is unacceptable. The fact that delusional fans with poor long-term memory also thinks it's unacceptable doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Challenging for top four is the expectation. I personally expected a 3 way fight between ourselves, Arsenal and Liverpool (outsiders) for 4th. We've lucked in to an extent because AVB turned out to be utterly clueless and Chelsea (who in my opinion should be in the title race) have underperformed hugely. Finishing 3rd is definitely above expectations (and I still think we'll do it), finishing 4th would be fantastic but finishing 5th would be status quo for me. Finishing 6th would be the start of an underachievement.

Short termism and pure perception. It's over 38 seasons that matters. For example, say there is a freak in the fixture computer and you don't play any of the top four (home or away) until the last 8 games of the season. I'd expect Spurs to be leading the Premiership on the 30th game if that was the case, but wouldn't expect them to win it.

If you have a run of easy fixtures and win them all, it doesn't mean you're a brilliant team. If you have a run of hard fixtures and lose them all, doesn't mean you're a brick team.

Its not short termism and pure perception at all. And don't put words in other peoples' mouths. At the beginning of the season, I said we would finish 5th or 6th, depending on whether or not Modric left. Once we found out Modric was to stay and we had recruited Adebayor and Parker, I said we had an excellent chance for 4th place. Once we had accrued that 10 point gap, I said the important thing was that this gave us a good buffer for the bitch set of fixtures we've just had over the past month and a bit. And thank fudge for that, because since that run (beginning with Emirates Marketing Project), we've picked up 7 points out of a possible 21. We picked up 13 last season despite us being better this season. But its not a problem. I was always one of the realists/pessimists, looking down rather than up. So I'm not too stressed or bothered about that run because I semi expected it.

We've been playing well for the majority of the season. We've played better than Chelsea and Arsenal so far. Of course the season doesn't end at 25 games. And fixtures change and fluctuate. But to say that finishing 5th, having spent most of the season well clear in 3rd isn't a failure and then try to justify that with a silly example of top 4 fixtures (when actually the majority of our remaining fixtures should, on paper, be easier than the ones we've just played) is mind boggling.

We finished 5th last season. We improved the squad. Chelsea and Arsenal finished 3rd and 4th. Chelsea aged another year, went through a new manager while Arsenal lost 2 of their 3 best players. And to have had a big points gap over these two, only to then finish in the exact same position as last season, watching them both pass us by isn't a failure? Give me a break.

And I'd still be happy with finishing 4th. Finishing in the CL places is vital for the club this season, especially as we try to negotiate funding for the stadium etc.

Its not short termism and pure perception at all. And don't put words in other peoples' mouths. At the beginning of the season, I said we would finish 5th or 6th, depending on whether or not Modric left. Once we found out Modric was to stay and we had recruited Adebayor and Parker, I said we had an excellent chance for 4th place. Once we had accrued that 10 point gap, I said the important thing was that this gave us a good buffer for the bitch set of fixtures we've just had over the past month and a bit. And thank fudge for that, because since that run (beginning with Emirates Marketing Project), we've picked up 7 points out of a possible 21. We picked up 13 last season despite us being better this season. But its not a problem. I was always one of the realists/pessimists, looking down rather than up. So I'm not too stressed or bothered about that run because I semi expected it.

We've been playing well for the majority of the season. We've played better than Chelsea and Arsenal so far. Of course the season doesn't end at 25 games. And fixtures change and fluctuate. But to say that finishing 5th, having spent most of the season well clear in 3rd isn't a failure and then try to justify that with a silly example of top 4 fixtures (when actually the majority of our remaining fixtures should, on paper, be easier than the ones we've just played) is mind boggling.

We finished 5th last season. We improved the squad. Chelsea and Arsenal finished 3rd and 4th. Chelsea aged another year, went through a new manager while Arsenal lost 2 of their 3 best players. And to have had a big points gap over these two, only to then finish in the exact same position as last season, watching them both pass us by isn't a failure? Give me a break.

Chelsea's season has been a failure. The points swing has been dramatic and unbelievable in decline. Ourselves and Arsenal, there's not much in it. We over rate our own players, under rate theirs. It's pretty much standard Spurs fan behaviour. Take a look at Ekotto. He is fudging useless and yet some of our fans rate him the best left back in the Premiership.

Back