• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
people are not acting like its all over, its more a case of being dumbfounded by strange tactics, selections and team formations at the business end of the season that is worrying most

we have been lucky with injuries until now, didnt suffer with players going off to the ACN, so with the talent in our squad id say 3rd place is the bare minimum up to now and at the end of the season

we were in a title race, now we are closer to 5th that 1st. Its damn annoying

This is what 10 point leads are for. So that when we play 3 very tough fixtures in a row we can STILL be in third. Arsenal lost the away NLD and at home to Man U, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project have both lost at Goodison Park.

Did not get top 4 last year, if we don't this year, it will be a failure especially if we don't win the cup.

All to play for, but if Harry gets all the credit when we look like we are going to do well, he should get the opposite when or if we don't.

I think we need to go back to what was working early season for us. VDV off a front man with Modders and a DM in the middle. Bale left and whoever right. Let's keep it simple and tight, and grind out a result or two. As I mentioned in another post I think we need rein in the expansive free role brick and just keep our shape and discipline until we are over this hump.

I am also also a believer in playing form players. If someone is playing crap, drop them and let someone else have a chance. People go on about Fergie and how he is good at rotating his squad but I think a lot of it is that he'll play whoever is playing well irrespective of past exploits or transfer fee.

Our lack of options on the right has really messed us up having no full back or pacy wing cover. Kranjcar has had mixed results out there but that's not his position so it was always bound to be hit and miss. The fact we are talking about Bentley shows how badly we have got this wrong. Charlie should not have been allowed to leave. This was a massive mistake in my opinion, where the needs of the individual was put ahead of the needs of the club.

people are not acting like its all over, its more a case of being dumbfounded by strange tactics, selections and team formations at the business end of the season that is worrying most

we have been lucky with injuries until now, didnt suffer with players going off to the ACN, so with the talent in our squad id say 3rd place is the bare minimum up to now and at the end of the season

we really haven't.

Dawson, Huddlestone, Gallas... Lennon and VDV in and out all season.

I just Hope Everton Carry on this home form and do us a favour at home to le Scum Next week.

Although im Dissapointed with this mini blip I feel that apart from the Scum game we should have had at least 2 pts from the last 2 games if not at least 4. We played well against Man Yoo and Everton, but we just could not get a bit of luck. We could do with getting Lennon and Bale out again at the same time, i feel it makes a massive difference to us. But Also do everything to keep modders more central. If we have to play Sandro and Parker then give modders a more advanced role in front of them.

Never been a better to time for the team to show us what we are actually made of.

Personally, I think we'll come through it, starting with good results against Stoke and Chelsea.....but then, Ive thought that way since about 1986, when I was 10yrs old.

Who knows? One thing we all know, is that regardless, we'll be back to torture ourselves next season. Thats the important thing.

but can we all please lay off Redknapp and the team for 5 minutes and gain some friggin perspective !

we're in March, 2 months and 11 games until the end of the season and we are 3rd in the league FFS - we have just had our worst run of the season and still find ourselves above Arsenal and Chelsea in the league, not to mention the fact we have a great chance of advancing to the FA Cup semi final's at the weekend with a real possibility of winning it for the first time in over 20 years.

some of the stuff ive read on here since the Everton game has just been ludicrous, we are in a fantastic position that anyone would have given their right arm for at the start of the season especially after the first two games when i think not even the most optimistic of posters would have predicted that we would be in this position right now.

we're supposed to be supporters, so fudging support the team (and the management) in what is the most important part of the season - if we're acting like it's all over, who can blame the team for feeling the same way ?

3rd place is in OUR hands

COYS

right, so coz you "started the thread about it" you think you are all high and mighty and better than the rest of us do ya!?!? :lol::lol:;)

It's all about tactics for me and nothing but tactics.

The reason I want Bale and Lennon fit at the same time is because its the only thing thats blatantly obvious to Harry is that Bale plays on the left and Lennon on the right, but still sometimes even he can fuk that up. He said Bale went to the right because he didnt have a right sided player to play against Everton. So why have we seen Lennon on the left and Bale in the middle i some games, who is on the right then ? Modric plays in the middle, its simple. I don't know what the twitchy bastard is seeing out on the park but someone needs to either nail his eye shut ow hold the back of his head because he is getting worse. Ade is lazy again, ala City. Why cant he see it ?

If we lose a CL place, it WILL be because of him.

This is what 10 point leads are for. So that when we play 3 very tough fixtures in a row we can STILL be in third. Arsenal lost the away NLD and at home to Man U, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project have both lost at Goodison Park.

Indeed, better to look at things in a positive way rather than a negative way. Rather than thinking "Oh GHod, ten points might be down to one!!!" it's just as valid to think "Well done lads, your great form this season means that despite a poor run of results we're still THIRD with our destiny in our own hands." I'm going with the positive!

Harry mentioned on the OS about forgetting individual good or bad results and looking at the big picture of the whole season. I think that's what he'll be drilling into the players heads: forget everything else, look at where we are now. We're third. You're a great side, let's show everyone what we're made of with a great run until the end of the season.

It wouldnt surprise me if Arsenal mess up tonight, no easy games in the PL as we all know...

I don't think it'll take much to derail them, they're so knee-jerk and fragile (fans and players). A couple of bad results and it's Wenger out, a couple of good and he's a GHod again. One bad result for them and they could very easily start bricking themselves and lose two or three on the bounce.

Never been a better to time for the team to show us what we are actually made of.

Personally, I think we'll come through it, starting with good results against Stoke and Chelsea.....but then, Ive thought that way since about 1986, when I was 10yrs old.

Who knows? One thing we all know, is that regardless, we'll be back to torture ourselves next season. Thats the important thing.
Well said!

He realises he is not going to get the win bonuses in the champs league as he will not be here so he has stopped caring, its all about the money with arry.

we really haven't.

Dawson, Huddlestone, Gallas... Lennon and VDV in and out all season.

Compared to the injury problems United and Arsenal have had we have been lucky. Gallas and VdV are both injury prone and that should be expected. King has been fit a lot more than most expected and really no injuries to our key players. Knock on wood and all that.

I agree, and I'm quite hopeful that they will turn it around.

I quite liked what I saw from Harry in his interview with BBC after the game, when asked if the great 2nd half performance was what he had been talking about in the dressing room there was a good long silent break before he said rather coldly that what he said was between him and the players. Didn't look happy, and the players in the 2nd half didn't looked like players who had been told and understood the message.

Ekotto also tweeted: "we started to play for real in the second half. We hope next time not to do the same." Seems pretty clear to me that both Harry and the players are well aware that the first half against Everton was rather abysmal.

Exactly. He's being far from cautious which is the problem IMO.

Not playing modric in the centre against everton and having 2 ball winners there was kind of cautious, though he should have set up with a 5 man midfield in the first place.

He is the man that said the was not a better striker in the whole of france then pav so i think he is quite a cautious man at times.

I don't agree that we've been lucky with injuries at all.

Defence

Dawson - missed most of the season.
Gallas - missed most of the season.
King - in and out as per usual.

Midfield

Huddlestone - missed the entire season
Sandro - missed half the season and never properly match fit when he has played.
Lennon - missed half the season with a succession of injuries.

Attack

Van Der Vaart - in and out of the team with a succession of minor injuries.

I would argue that all of the above players are crucial for us - some as first choice, some as top rate alternatives to first choice players. Would hurt any team to have so many top players out for so many games.

Lots of other lesser injuries too, which kept other players out for short periods.

Back