• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Thank you Harry for all the goals and memories, "the king is dead, long live the king". We move on and look to the future.

As for the TRUST they are a bunch of wanabbes and are full of dingdongheads who THINK they are important.

If you listen to/read Ange's words yesterday, this is hardly a shock and a fair bit of thought has already been put into getting ready for this move.

Yeah and that’s fair enough but what’s are plan to become a side that consistently competes to win the PL and CL?

After all that is why Kane left because we are currently incapable of that.

Everyone on this forum should and I would hope want us to become a side that does that or are some content with their lifelong hobby of just turning up at the Lane enjoying the day and winning occasionally, plodding along doing largely sweet fa.

What is the plan and how many years or is this not going to happen on our current trajectory.

Will we be here again same position largely unchanged in another 5 years from now?

Such a thought should be wholly unacceptable to everyone here BUT it is very very likely. How sad is that?

Yeah and that’s fair enough but what’s are plan to become a side that consistently competes to win the PL and CL?

After all that is why Kane left because we are currently incapable of that.

Everyone on this forum should and I would hope want us to become a side that does that or are some content with their lifelong hobby of just turning up at the Lane enjoying the day and winning occasionally, plodding along doing largely sweet fa.

What is the plan and how many years or is this not going to happen on our current trajectory.

Will we be here again same position largely unchanged in another 5 years from now?

Such a thought should be wholly unacceptable to everyone here BUT it is very very likely. How sad is that?

I think its likely Kane would have left sooner had he won trophies with us previously.

The plan is clear, keep doing what we do, and when all the cheating stops we'll be in a great position.

I’m getting a real sense of being “kicked when we’re down” from pretty much all corners at the moment and it’s hurting..

Need this season to start so we can hopefully move on and let this brick die down.

I think its likely Kane would have left sooner had he won trophies with us previously.

The plan is clear, keep doing what we do, and when all the cheating stops we'll be in a great position.

The cheating wont stop though will it. It will just happen in different way.

Its already happening with the chavs saudi owners getting the saudi league to spend big on their dead wood.

Now I hear one of the investment consortiums who were trying to get a stake in man utd have turned their attention to the chavs.

We clearly need owners willing to top up our strong revenues by sticking their own money in for players, something like £50m to £100m per annum.

And when do you forecast the cheating to stop btw and for us to then be in a great position as you put it?

Looking at the new rules we should be in this great position in a few years so 5 years from now we should be able to consistently compete for the PL and CL.

So lets see where we are in 5 years. My guess? Nothing much would have changed.

They opened the Pandora box with the Champions League. Under pressure from Europe's biggest clubs, they threw insane (at the time) amounts of money at a handful of clubs creating a very uneven playing field in smaller countries. What they didn't realise is that they initiated an inflation on transfers and wages, so much so that breaking a record became a source of pride. I might add that, in our case, it's often turned out to be a disaster but that's another matter entirely.

To sustain that upward curve, they had to accept money from Russian oligarchs first, then whole countries. And for what? Who comes out of this a winner? You pay a lot of money to go to the games or even watch them on TV (it's reached the point where people have to pool together to buy a subscription in some countries). Everybody's buying in that stupid system because they hope to get their share: even smaller clubs either because they dream of getting a sugar daddy, just like they dreamt of breaking into the Champions League twenty years ago.

It could even be argued that football players themselves aren't happier than they were 40 or 50 years ago. They're surrounded with sycophants and parasites and their lifestyle is probably closer to a royal family's than a regular Joe's.

Fortunately, I believe we're in the last stretch. Nobody's going to top Middle Eastern countries. The few Silicon Valley tycoons don't care about 'soccer', fortunately, so it's going to end, one way or another. But they whole craziness wasted so much of our time! Think about it: we've been lucky to punch above our weight for almost a decade but what's the point of being an Everton fan, for instance? The closest thing they've had to entertainment was escaping relegation on a few occasions and qualifying once for the Champions League with Moyes. Right now, the Premier League is a Middle Eastern league, with two US consortiums and a bunch of also-rans, one of which may mix it up with the rich boys every now and then. And we (myself included) pay a premium to watch that.

I get the general jist of the post but Everton have spent huge money over the last few years which is why they're in such dire straits but they have a new stadium coming to look forward too and a big fan base that can probably see them turn it around and build for the future if you get the right structure in place.

But yeah for clubs like Fulham, Palace etc beyond getting into Europe and potentially a cup if things fall their way there isn't much else they can do.

I don't think football really runs in cycles anymore or not like it used too. Too much money to get to the top now.

This is the sort of thing a trust representing the fans should be saying.

I do agree but they do not do that, they are so wrapped up in their own self importance and they really do believe that they do a good job for fans. I know a lot of match going fans and they think the trust are full of wanabees.

why?
the fans whilst they cherish Kane, question the direction of the club and how it got to this.

Having been at a spurs q&a with ledley a few weeks back in Singapore where he and other spurs staff are present, i think their unofficial opinion is also not too far off what most think

Some folks just dislike the Trust because they've used the little power they have to hold our deadweight owners' feet to the fire a few times. That's a no-no for a lot of our fans, sadly.

Ironically the biggest criticism I've seen of the trust is that they act out too much for how powerless they are, but that is a criticism of the state of football that fans have so little input into the running of their own club - not the Trust.

Personally I think they do a fantastic job - raising the issues members want them to raise, negotiating with the club where they can, criticising ENIC when they have to.

Some folks just dislike the Trust because they've used the little power they have to hold our deadweight owners' feet to the fire a few times. That's a no-no for a lot of our fans, sadly.

Ironically the biggest criticism I've seen of the trust is that they act out too much for how powerless they are, but that is a criticism of the state of football that fans have so little input into the running of their own club - not the Trust.

Personally I think they do a fantastic job - raising the issues members want them to raise, negotiating with the club where they can, criticising ENIC when they have to.
They have their own agenda, they don’t give a fudge about the majority of fans and their thoughts.

why?
the fans whilst they cherish Kane, question the direction of the club and how it got to this.

Having been at a spurs q&a with ledley a few weeks back in Singapore where he and other spurs staff are present, i think their unofficial opinion is also not too far off what most think

The fact that Kane didn't leave years ago is testament to the job Levy's done.

Back