• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Nah. It’s because they are irrational twits.

Are you seriously suggesting the club should have gone against the mangers will, against Kanes wishes too, given up the cash for the manager to rebuild and kept an unhappy player who’s departing in a year? One who has given most of his life to our club.

Honestly, you and these whinge bags need to get a grip on reality.

If you want to jump in to rant about things I or the Trust didn't argue, go ahead mate.

If you read their communique, they're angry that it has come to a point where Kane wanted to leave. It isn't about him, it's about what he wanted - a competitive Spurs that won things. It wasn't unreasonable from him - he would have stayed had we managed it.

We failed, because of the board's failure to build the team Kane deserved. Not unreasonable to point it out.
Which shows have naive, ignorant and selfish they are.
How many top players over the past 20ish years have stayed at one club? Maldini. Buffon. They'd about it.
The best players all leave:
Messi
Ronaldo
Torres
Bale
Kane
Stam
Schmiechel
Beckham
Shevchenko
Suarez
Lewandowski
Etc etc etc.
Most of the above left far more successful clubs than us whilst at the top, or near the top, of their game.
There are very very few players like Maldini and Buffon. And even Buffon left.
There are even fewer Rui Costa's. Kane is pretty close to Rui Costa.

It's idiotic to blame our board for Kane leaving - a quick look at our lge positions over the past 10-15 years shows that we've on par with the other two best periods in our history - the 60s and 80s.
Anything else is just stupidity, ignorance and fantasy. I welcome arguments to contrary that actually stack up and are not just whining.

Come on, mate - this 'self made man' is what he is because his father owned a discount clothing brand which he took over and managed, and then he himself got rich off his subsequent association with Lewis.

As for the rest, they cannot engage with the board because the board doesn't give a crap about the fans. It is a structural limitation, not a fault of the Trust. The solution is governance - the UK government needs to mandate a fan presence the board cannot ignore. Thankfully, that's happening.

And re: their 'tone', it reflects the fans they represent. Nothing untoward in it. There are times they have praised the club for their work (and the club has praised them in return), so it isn't all one way.
Maybe it does reflect the fans they represent
The mongs

I’m getting a real sense of being “kicked when we’re down” from pretty much all corners at the moment and it’s hurting..

Need this season to start so we can hopefully move on and let this brick die down.

Welcome to the media. During my off board activities, I see idiots coming to meet me parroting the narratives that Spurs has no trophies. By the time I sit the smarter ones down and give them a peek at our history, they tend to respect themselves. By the time, I show them how money has made Chelsea, City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine appear to be top clubs - it gets worse.

The media is creating a narrative and some Spurs fans unfortunately dont help. That clown shoe Lineker doesnt either.

They do a huge amount of good. We can now order chips on their own and now we can buy beigels as well!

Sorry I am being facetious there. I actually think the Trust serve an important role and do a decent job in much of what they do. A fan voice is important. But I believe they have become caught up in a them v us battle which they are never going to win. And they live by twitter which directs much of what they say and they are strung up by their previous chairs who totally blew the Trust’s relationship with the club Board.
Engage with the club seriously on important things. Protesting against price rise is tinkling in the wind. But focus on the stealthy removal of concession pricing and they have a valid standpoint. Engage the club in a conversation around the challenges of competing against other doped clubs and FFP challenges - this impacts us all and is a grown up conversation. Understand your “enemy”.

And at least recognise the non-win situation Levy was in with Kane.

Well, their statement says the following -

"It should never have come to this. This is a watershed moment, and a clear and painful indictment of the on-field development of the Club over the last four years. We have lost a generational talent who, by his own words, only wanted to see the Club progress. But the lack of a coherent and consistent football strategy from the Board has seen significant on field regression since 2019, leading to One of Our Own feeling he had no viable option but to leave."

They are not criticising Levy for selling him now. They are criticising him for failing to build a team that made Kane want to stay. What Kane wanted wasn't unreasonable, wouldn't have been for any owner instead in building a winning team - it's all Kane wanted, it's all the fans want.

It was only an unreasonable demand for Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis. That is what the Trust is saying.

And, given that their previous public release was based on a survey of fans that indicated clear concern about the direction of the club, it was valid to bring up, imo.

In general, they can only engage with the club on what their members want them to engage in, mate. If the members are angry about the state of the club and want it raised, the Trust then cannot let the club just ignore it and engage with them on, say, the colour of the seats,cor something similarly meaningless. They have to bring it up - that's what they charge a membership fee for. No matter how much it upsets ENIC, or their most vocal defenders.

Nah. It’s because they are irrational twits.

Are you seriously suggesting the club should have gone against the mangers will, against Kanes wishes too, given up the cash for the manager to rebuild and kept an unhappy player who’s departing in a year? One who has given most of his life to our club.

Honestly, you and these whinge bags need to get a grip on reality.
Look....
if they had sold him quicker (as requested) for a lesser price the moan would have been 'selling our WC forward for eff all' ...coupled with a following moan at the end of August that we haven't spent enough, with no awareness to two were connected.

If we had not sold him or told him he was staying, the moan would have come next season via 'letting him go for nothing' 'stupid fudgers letting walk off to one of our rivals for free'.

The moral is....the moan was coming.

Without a gun we can't get Kane to sign a new contract. Or Bayern to pay what WE want in a timely fashion. So you do the best you can at the time.
So the fee is better than I thought we could get (and the payment structure by the sound of it), and Kane doesn't go to one of our rivals, that not only does that save me from feeling sick but also doesn't guarantee that rival will finish above us all the time he would have been there.

I'm sad because HK has been one of the best.
But I have zero inclination to moan about this outcome.

They could also do with realising that's the country and economy we live in.
But I wouldn't want them to let reality to get in the way of their toy throwing

that too

I’ll be impressed if it’s a big protest, going all that way to protest against ticket prices before a game that they also refused to buy a ticket to and won’t be attending does show some commitment at least

Sentiment agreed with. But that's not cool dude.
True. Poor choice
But it does make a point
TBF the lads I know that are very enic out are the old school Stella and a bag of coke phalanx who knew when a man was a man
Kane leaving is so irrelevant to the enic our movement but it always comes back to it
The simple fact is our current owners are not a country so we can’t win the league or the CL

Well, their statement says the following -

"It should never have come to this. This is a watershed moment, and a clear and painful indictment of the on-field development of the Club over the last four years. We have lost a generational talent who, by his own words, only wanted to see the Club progress. But the lack of a coherent and consistent football strategy from the Board has seen significant on field regression since 2019, leading to One of Our Own feeling he had no viable option but to leave."

They are not criticising Levy for selling him now. They are criticising him for failing to build a team that made Kane want to stay. What Kane wanted wasn't unreasonable, wouldn't have been for any owner instead in building a winning team - it's all Kane wanted, it's all the fans want.

It was only an unreasonable demand for Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis. That is what the Trust is saying.

And, given that their previous public release was based on a survey of fans that indicated clear concern about the direction of the club, it was valid to bring up, imo.

In general, they can only engage with the club on what their members want them to engage in, mate. If the members are angry about the state of the club and want it raised, the Trust then cannot let the club just ignore it and engage with them on, say, the colour of the seats,cor something similarly meaningless. They have to bring it up - that's what they charge a membership fee for. No matter how much it upsets ENIC, or their most vocal defenders.

If they had simply magicked money out of thin air and bought all of the best players in the world this wouldn’t have happened

that’s what any other owner would do

which is why no other player has ever been sold

True. Poor choice
But it does make a point
TBF the lads I know that are very enic out are the old school Stella and a bag of coke phalanx who knew when a man was a man
Kane leaving is so irrelevant to the enic our movement but it always comes back to it
The simple fact is our current owners are not a country so we can’t win the league or the CL
All good. Completely agree with all those sentiments. Just thought I'd point out the M word misstep - that's what a team does! COYS

Look....
if they had sold him quicker (as requested) for a lesser price the moan would have been 'selling our WC forward for eff all' ...coupled with a following moan at the end of August that we haven't spent enough, with no awareness to two were connected.

If we had not sold him or told him he was staying, the moan would have come next season via 'letting him go for nothing' 'stupid fudgers letting walk off to one of our rivals for free'.

The moral is....the moan was coming.

Without a gun we can't get Kane to sign a new contract. Or Bayern to pay what WE want in a timely fashion. So you do the best you can at the time.
So the fee is better than I thought we could get (and the payment structure by the sound of it), and Kane doesn't go to one of our rivals, that not only does that save me from feeling sick but also doesn't guarantee that rival will finish above us all the time he would have been there.

I'm sad because HK has been one of the best.
But I have zero inclination to moan about this outcome.
But, but, but…
What if we were better in previous seasons….
Kane has made it clear he has gone to win the biggest trophies
We can’t do that today
In reality when have spurs even been able to do that
Briefly in the 50s, 60s, 80s, 90s early doors
And under Poch
That isn’t the norm even for a club of this scale

Which shows have naive, ignorant and selfish they are.
How many top players over the past 20ish years have stayed at one club? Maldini. Buffon. They'd about it.

Also Totti, De Rossi, and Le Tissier, among others.

Totti and De Rossi are the interesting ones. They won Series A and a few Coppa Italias, which is about the limit for a club like them. They are very, very similar to us.

But that was enough to make Totti and De Rossi stay for the entirety of their careers, or at least the meaningful entirety of it.

Kane seemed to me, and a lot of people, like Totti - he would have stayed at his boyhood club if we could only have given him a team good enough to win a few pots. Not even City-level domination - just something, *anything*.

Levy never did. Because that isn't what ENIC cares about.

*That* is what the Trust is angry about. It is 100% reasonable, mate.

Back