• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The cheating wont stop though will it. It will just happen in different way.

Its already happening with the chavs saudi owners getting the saudi league to spend big on their dead wood.

Now I hear one of the investment consortiums who were trying to get a stake in man utd have turned their attention to the chavs.

We clearly need owners willing to top up our strong revenues by sticking their own money in for players, something like £50m to £100m per annum.

And when do you forecast the cheating to stop btw and for us to then be in a great position as you put it?

Looking at the new rules we should be in this great position in a few years so 5 years from now we should be able to consistently compete for the PL and CL.

So lets see where we are in 5 years. My guess? Nothing much would have changed.
It won’t have fished as the cheats will then have greater fake turnover to make their new numbers look better

Some folks just dislike the Trust because they've used the little power they have to hold our deadweight owners' feet to the fire a few times. That's a no-no for a lot of our fans, sadly.

Ironically the biggest criticism I've seen of the trust is that they act out too much for how powerless they are, but that is a criticism of the state of football that fans have so little input into the running of their own club - not the Trust.

Personally I think they do a fantastic job - raising the issues members want them to raise, negotiating with the club where they can, criticising ENIC when they have to.
You need to get to some games and meet some of the previous people in those roles
There was some comments on here the other day about a few key people from the Trust
They don’t hold anyone accountable but shout a lot

why?
the fans whilst they cherish Kane, question the direction of the club and how it got to this.

Having been at a spurs q&a with ledley a few weeks back in Singapore where he and other spurs staff are present, i think their unofficial opinion is also not too far off what most think
They don’t represent the fans
They just represent a view point, predominantly driven by twitter

anyone publicly questioning the club accepting a £100m offer for a player who has made it clear that he wants to move on is an idiot IMO

we can’t compete for the title. No one can unless their funded by a country

we could have got to the CL final last season if our manager had been brave enough. The draw couldn’t have been more favourable. Would we beat city in a one off final… who knows

but that’s all speculative

United didn’t entertain bidding for lane because they knew they can’t even offer him the chance to compete at the top table yet

how does the club fix that?

You need to get to some games and meet some of the previous people in those roles
There was some comments on here the other day about a few key people from the Trust
They don’t hold anyone accountable but shout a lot

They have no power to hold anyone accountable. That's my point - people criticize them for being powerless in the face of modern football and the fact that a club can be owned lock stock and barrel by unaccountable deadweights like ENIC. To me, that isn't fair - they do what they can with the voice they have.

As for the individuals involved, I have no interest in them as individuals, but as representatives of the Trust. Do they raise fan concerns? Yes. Do they press where they can for things they have some influence over - travel support, ticket prices, concessions and so on? Yes. Do they voice our collective displeasure at the way our club is being run by deadweights like Levy and Lewis? Yes.

Not much more they can do.

They have no power to hold anyone accountable. That's my point - people criticize them for being powerless in the face of modern football and the fact that a club can be owned lock stock and barrel by unaccountable deadweights like ENIC. To me, that isn't fair - they do what they can with the voice they have.

As for the individuals involved, I have no interest in them as individuals, but as representatives of the Trust. Do they raise fan concerns? Yes. Do they press where they can for things they have some influence over - travel support, ticket prices, concessions and so on? Yes. Do they voice our collective displeasure at the way our club is being run by deadweights like Levy and Lewis? Yes.

They could engage with the board
A few of them claim to be communications experts…
The way they talk publicly will never ever work with a self made man.
If they spoke like that to a builder they would get punched
The Spurs board just tolerate them now
Let’s see how the protest goes next week

3 thoughts on the Kane thing and Spurs not winning trophies during his time with us, for what they’re worth:

(1) It has become a lot harder to win trophies in England. If you look at our finals since the League Cup win in ‘08: Chelsea, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project. Now look at the 5 finals before that: Blackburn, Leicester, Nottm Forest, Coventry, Anderlecht. “Superclubs” with huge resources are now taking every trophy incredibly seriously.

(2) It is a ridiculous narrative, mainly advanced by Man U former players who were lucky enough to play under Ferguson, that football is essentially meaningless if you don’t win trophies. Utter nonsense. I’m from Ireland and any fan of Ireland will tell you the years from 1988-94 were our absolute golden years with some great players and lots of brilliant memories created under Big Jack. We never came close to a trophy though. And when I think back on the Kane years here, I won’t be thinking about the League Cup Finals we didn’t win, but rather the brilliant performances week in, week out under Poch, the magic goals against Arsenal and Chelsea and City, the incredible ‘16-‘17 season when we won 17 of 19 (and drew the other two) in our last year at White Hart Lane, the run to the Champions League Final. Don’t let idiot journos or ex players from other clubs diminish those memories in the slightest.

(3) Harry Kane has been a model pro and a great footballer, the best I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt, a brilliant no. 9 and no. 10 rolled into one. A true great. Good luck to him now at Bayern, I hope he wins the lot. In the meantime, we have an exciting new manager and players to support. COYS!
Couldn’t have put it better myself. Sums up my thoughts entirely, particularly point 2. I was going through an extremely traumatic break up during 16/17 and the team that year was the only thing keeping me together.

I don’t know what the THST expected Levy or the board to do. If they wanted to legitimately get mad, they should’ve done so a year or two ago for not tying Kane down to another deal. And even so, if Kane was adamant about not signing another deal, they should’ve been upset with Kane instead. Is Levy supposed to hold a gun to Kane’s head and give him an ultimatum? This isn’t the mafia. The Trust is clearly using this situation as a means to further their anti-board agenda. It’s so transparent and reeks of pettiness.

It won’t have fished as the cheats will then have greater fake turnover to make their new numbers look better

Yep so we need to join the party to a degree such as owner investment in players per annum of around £50m to £100m or we will never be able to compete consistently for the PL and CL.

But it seems many here don’t really care that much about competing consistently for the PL and CL.

Weird.

Come on, mate - this 'self made man' is what he is because his father owned a discount clothing brand which he took over and managed, and then he himself got rich off his subsequent association with Lewis.

As for the rest, they cannot engage with the board because the board doesn't give a crap about the fans. It is a structural limitation, not a fault of the Trust. The solution is governance - the UK government needs to mandate a fan presence the board cannot ignore. Thankfully, that's happening.

And re: their 'tone', it reflects the fans they represent. Nothing untoward in it. There are times they have praised the club for their work (and the club has praised them in return), so it isn't all one way.

I don’t know what the THST expected Levy or the board to do. If they wanted to legitimately get mad, they should’ve done so a year or two ago for not tying Kane down to another deal. And even so, if Kane was adamant about not signing another deal, they should’ve been upset with Kane instead. Is Levy supposed to hold a gun to Kane’s head and give him an ultimatum? This isn’t the mafia. The Trust is clearly using this situation as a means to further their anti-board agenda. It’s so transparent and reeks of pettiness.

If you read their communique, they're angry that it has come to a point where Kane wanted to leave. It isn't about him, it's about what he wanted - a competitive Spurs that won things. It wasn't unreasonable from him - he would have stayed had we managed it.

We failed, because of the board's failure to build the team Kane deserved. Not unreasonable to point it out.

why is there a protest booked before a ball has been kicked

rhetorical question, the only thing the moaners want is for us to spend more money than City, until they get that they will tinkle their pants

Last edited:

Spot on and thankfully the vast majority of fans can see that. Only those who never stop bitching about Levy and co give them any credit because it backs up there delusions.

Some folks just dislike the Trust because they've used the little power they have to hold our deadweight owners' feet to the fire a few times. That's a no-no for a lot of our fans, sadly.

Ironically the biggest criticism I've seen of the trust is that they act out too much for how powerless they are, but that is a criticism of the state of football that fans have so little input into the running of their own club - not the Trust.

Personally I think they do a fantastic job - raising the issues members want them to raise, negotiating with the club where they can, criticising ENIC when they have to.

Nah. It’s because they are irrational twits.

Are you seriously suggesting the club should have gone against the mangers will, against Kanes wishes too, given up the cash for the manager to rebuild and kept an unhappy player who’s departing in a year? One who has given most of his life to our club.

Honestly, you and these whinge bags need to get a grip on reality.

If you read their communique, they're angry that it has come to a point where Kane wanted to leave. It isn't about him, it's about what he wanted - a competitive Spurs that won things. It wasn't unreasonable from him - he would have stayed had we managed it.

We failed, because of the board's failure to build the team Kane deserved. Not unreasonable to point it out.
The timing of their message is simply to draw in suckers into going against the board and Levy.
I’m not suggesting that their record is spotless as mistakes were definitely made. They are trying to reason based on emotion and it comes off as churlish.

I’m not saying it’s easy to think with a clear head now but I’ve personally prepared myself for this moment for a long time. The truth is, sometimes players want to leave. He didn’t want to sign a contract and that’s ultimately his choice. Just as some players don’t want to sign for certain clubs. Keep in mind, everything can be so clear with hindsight.

Ultimately, fans can have their opinions. I’m not trying to defend Levy, he definitely could have done better with management appointments (again, I say that with hindsight). I’m simply stating that they’re trying to use this as an opportunity to lay more blame on the board. If we decided to keep Kane for another season, the trust would have been even more livid for the audacity of the club to not get any transfer funds from Kane. It’s always going to be a lose-lose according to them.

They do a huge amount of good. We can now order chips on their own and now we can buy beigels as well!

Sorry I am being facetious there. I actually think the Trust serve an important role and do a decent job in much of what they do. A fan voice is important. But I believe they have become caught up in a them v us battle which they are never going to win. And they live by twitter which directs much of what they say and they are strung up by their previous chairs who totally blew the Trust’s relationship with the club Board.
Engage with the club seriously on important things. Protesting against price rise is tinkling in the wind. But focus on the stealthy removal of concession pricing and they have a valid standpoint. Engage the club in a conversation around the challenges of competing against other doped clubs and FFP challenges - this impacts us all and is a grown up conversation. Understand your “enemy”.

And at least recognise the non-win situation Levy was in with Kane.

why is there a protest booked before a ball has been kicked

rhetorical question, the only thing the moaners want is for us to spend more money than City, until they get that they will tinkle their pants
I think the protest is because of the hefty raise in ticket prices isn’t it? If so, then I think it is valid.

Back