• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Came through the academy, became our top goalscorer if all time, and got sold for a massive fee. That I'm pretty sure will never happen again.

Sad day, but all the best in Germany.

I don’t have the specific numbers to hand. But possibly not that much to support poch with refreshing the squad when he wanted to. 5 million more would have got Grealish, a few more million would have got Dybala. They could have sold the players poch wanted to get rid of. Maybe they could have kept Mou for the Carabao cup final?
The money would have been the same money they always spend.
This made me laugh, you think the holy grail was to give Poch more money for transfers! Lol, we'd have even more crap we can't shift. So Levy, who has devoted his whole life building up the club, has held us back, but Poch who said he was leaving regardless of the CL final result because we wouldn't buy the toys he wanted, is the messiah. And let's ignore the fact that Levy appointed Poch, and gave him the tools to do such a good job. And BTW, employing Mourinho and Conte literally were an organisation to keep Kane here.

The champions league isn't full of champions and has three qualification and a knock out it round, of course it's about money.
That should not matter to the punter on the terraces.

That's because they've been brainwashed by media, everyone buying into a product that clearly is not what it says it is on the packet. Try selling a product called "League with some Champions, a few good teams and a lot of canon fodder". We all buy into qualifying for "Champions League" or European football is success, but you don't get throphies or medals for qualifying, is there an other sport where simply qualifying is held in such esteem? Society has changed now the majority wants to be associated with perceived success and only get interest/enjoyment from results rather than the sport its self. I've never played a game to win but just for the fun of it, always want to win but playing the game is the thing for me.

Poor Ange. Two days before the season starts. Incredible really.

You don't think Ange was aware of the likelihood of Kane leaving when he took the job?
You don't think he has been able to have come up with a plan B contingency to keep in his back pocket if Kane was to leave?

if anything, this buys him more time to get it right as there will always be the 'he had the rug pulled from under him by Harry leaving at the 11th hour'

So not sure it really is poor Ange.

Think Ange will cope better with this change than either of the 'world class' managers that preceded him.

He’ll be fine. He won’t love Kane leaving, but he’ll absolutely relish the opportunity to prove everyone we’re fine without him.

It would have been one of the early conversations before he joined I'm sure. Kanes situation was well known, so he knew what he was getting into.

That said, the timing is absolutely barbaric, we have thrown him under a bus timing wise so we need to back Ange now and give him the resources to replace.

For all my positivity if we don't give him the cash, that sucks, badly

If we spend the money on Tapsoba, Orban and Scott from Bristol City,if he hasn't already signed for Bournemouth , and I'll be fairly happy...

As others have said, Harry may not have ideally suited the high press style given his age so we'll just have to adapt... It may even make the other players stup up and take responsibility....

I'm still gutted to see Harry go as he would probably have scored plenty of goals this season....

The King has gone, long live the mighty and glorious Tottenham Hotspur.

Am absolutely gutted this morning
I wish him well, go to Germany win loads and then come back and break the PL record
He is the one of the Tottenham greats and has done so much for us, shame we never won trophies with him or pushed on when we should have done

Depnding on how many years of the 4 he spends in Germany. If he sees out the contract returns August 2027 when he is 34. I doubt he will be banging in 20 a season possibly 10-15, he may need 3 full seasons to do it, but, I see him being like Teddy Sheringham and being able to play until he is 37/38, whether he can manage the PL at 36/37 is another matter

If we spend the money on Tapsoba, Orban and Scott from Bristol City,if he hasn't already signed for Bournemouth , and I'll be fairly happy...

As others have said, Harry may not have ideally suited the high press style given his age so we'll just have to adapt... It may even make the other players stup up and take responsibility....

I'm still gutted to see Harry go as he would probably have scored plenty of goals this season....

The King has gone, long live the mighty and glorious Tottenham Hotspur.

I Kessie available on a free? I see us going down the freebie route if we bring in another midfielder. Orban and Tapsoba I see as strong possibilities once we have shifted a few more palyers

It would have been one of the early conversations before he joined I'm sure. Kanes situation was well known, so he knew what he was getting into.

That said, the timing is absolutely barbaric, we have thrown him under a bus timing wise so we need to back Ange now and give him the resources to replace him.

For all my positivity if we don't give him the cash, that sucks, badly
yep, the timing is terrible...Ange may have thought he could keep Kane on board..
feel near to tears to be honest..if only we had had a decent backline.

Back