• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

4 year contract? so he has chosen winning a pointless Bundesliga trophy that will still not been seen as good enough by most rather than beating the record and becoming a Spurs legend? incredible, i have lost a little respect for him now.

Bundesliga trophy is not pointless and stop disrespecting that league. Similar with the Euro Conference Cup, some Spurs fans insulted it. Well guess who played in the final and won it? I will not lose any respect for Kane. Time of transfer aside, this is a very good deal for all parties if this goes through.

This is not on the owners. Spurs has reached finals. Also it is not Levy's fault that players couldn't beat sides that are weaker than them on paper. I wish Kane well but to blame Levy for this scenario is harsh and unrealistic. Spurs provided Kane with a solid environment to excel. We have won trophies without Kane and we will continue to win trophies and be strong without him.

Yes and no, hindsight is obviously so easy, we have played poorly in finals, semis and quarters being beaten usually by better teams with better squads or have been beaten by weaker teams by ourselves not playing our best teams to save them for other competitions etc due to a lack of squad depth.

You can't blame Levy for the managers tactics and personnel picked. Only slant that can possibly be levelled at him is the hypothetical squad build and recruitment.

We will move on, having no choice and hopefully Levy and the club can really push on and I'm actually impressed with the recruitment of players of late.

We have a bloated squad and need a clear out after years of terrible signings. Let's see!

Bundesliga trophy is not pointless and stop disrespecting that league. Similar with the Euro Conference Cup, some Spurs fans insulted it. Well guess who played in the final and won it? I will not lose any respect for Kane. Time of transfer aside, this is a very good deal for all parties if this goes through.

It's terrible timing, almost Levy got done by a Levy tactic ... I just hope that the full amount is reinvested in the team and that we can kick on. I would pine on Douglas Luiz, Tapsoba and Orban ... That would absolutely give us a great chance of being better without Kane.

Just like to add, I'm sure we scored more goals when Kane has been out of the team ...

Bundesliga is obviously a well regarded league but winning it with Bayern is like winning the French league with PSG or the Scottish league with Celtic, a procession ultimately. At this stage of his career i doubt that matters to Kane, Bayern are a giant of the game so playing for a club of that stature is an experience of itself.

Before some clever clogs throws the PL & City in to the mix as a comparison I'll suggest that Pep is the true difference maker there, there are clubs a lot closer to City in the PL wrt spending and turnover than there are in any of the other examples and I'd imagine that once Pep leaves the league will see titles spread around a bit more and become more open.

Under new owners, that would be very possible. The aim is to be in a place where in future the Kane of tomorrow won't have to leave a club utterly unable to compete for trophies of any kind because of being owned by a tax exile criminal with zero interest in Spurs, and his utterly mediocre henchman whose only interest is protecting his boss's money.

To be honest though, if we were a successful club, the next Kane would never get a chance. Aside from Barcelona, who run a different model, and Bayern, who can basically pick and play whoever they want in Germany, homegrown players are few and far between at top clubs. They usually come from clubs lower down the food chain. The anomaly is that Kane stayed much longer with us than Rooney did with Everton, for instance.

A club competing for trophies can only afford to give players like the young Kane a chance if there's very little competition. It's obvious that our failure to give Mourinho what he wanted (I think it's slightly more complicated with Conte, as there's signs he didn't want to come here in the first place) has set us back somewhere in time. Whether it's back to mid-90s or back to the 2010s remains to be seen though.

Bloody hell. Any chance the ENIC arguments can stay in the ENIC thread and we can use this one to mourn the loss of our best player/remember his great goals/speculate on how his time in BL will turn out/ponder as to how we will adjust to life without him?
Yes there is obviously crossover but jeez, the same old round-and-round is tedious enough in its own thread.

Bundesliga is obviously a well regarded league but winning it with Bayern is like winning the French league with PSG or the Scottish league with Celtic, a procession ultimately. At this stage of his career i doubt that matters to Kane, Bayern are a giant of the game so playing for a club of that stature is an experience of itself.

Before some clever clogs throws the PL & City in to the mix as a comparison I'll suggest that Pep is the true difference maker there, there are clubs a lot closer to City in the PL wrt spending and turnover than there are in any of the other examples and I'd imagine that once Pep leaves the league will see titles spread around a bit more and become more open.

That's a much larger problem, by the way. People used to make fun of La Liga or even the Scottish league by saying it's a two-horse race. Now, when you have two title contenders in your league, you're blessed with a fascinating competition! City won what? 5 out of 6? In Croatia, Dinamo won 16 out of the last 17. The Italian Serie A is one of the very few exceptions but if you want to win trophies, basically, it will be a procession, as you say. When you've tried (and failed) for the past ten years like Kane, there's zero point in joining a club that will almost certainly not win anything, let alone on a regular basis. If he wants trophies, I'd even argue Bayern is a better proposition than Barcelona, for instance.

Hes left because we went backwards since poch, and not anywhere close to competing ... a great player, bloody immense. Good luck to him and I wish him all the best.

Tottenham will still be here, let's hope we reinvest the money sensibly and kick on. Would be ironic if Dortmund won the league, Bayern win the cup and we win a trophy ...

Just woken up, is he 100% going then. What is the update I missed?

Just the usual newspaper rounds that Kane and Bayern have agreed terms last night and is apparently flying out today to be in the crowd when Bayen play Liepzeg on the weekend ...

Reactions: DTA
Ah well. Thats that, hardly worth hoping now. It's done

Back to the late 90s we head, wondering if we can finish in the Top half and hoping we might reach a Cup semi-final along the way, battling along side Everton, West Ham and Fulham instead of Arsenal, Liverpool and the Manchester Clubs

Not that that is the end of the World, with lesser expectation like in the Jol Days, I felt there was actually a better atmosphere at the Lane, with Ange looking a similar type of guy to BMJ, maybe that feel-good factor at the ground will return, watching high-scoring games on a much more regular basis

It was good we got to see another of the greats don the White shirt, still do not get why HK chose to get given a league title, that many will forget in years, and not chase a record that could stand for years.

If we match 8th this season I will be amazed, we will rise again, like we did after Bale, but this time might take longer.

Ah well. Thats that, hardly worth hoping now. It's done

Back to the late 90s we head, wondering if we can finish in the Top half and hoping we might reach a Cup semi-final along the way, battling along side Everton, West Ham and Fulham instead of Arsenal, Liverpool and the Manchester Clubs

Not that that is the end of the World, with lesser expectation like in the Jol Days, I felt there was actually a better atmosphere at the Lane, with Ange looking a similar type of guy to BMJ, maybe that feel-good factor at the ground will return, watching high-scoring games on a much more regular basis

It was good we got to see another of the greats don the White shirt, still do not get why HK chose to get given a league title, that many will forget in years, and not chase a record that could stand for years.

If we match 8th this season I will be amazed, we will rise again, like we did after Bale, but this time might take longer.

I agree with that .My fear is take Kane out and we are not a top 4-6 finishing side.
Sold Winks and our best player in Kane whilst we have not shifted any of the dross that still remains.

Will be a while till we get back near the top 4. Wonder if they’ll spend any more this window we are now short at CB and up top.

Son and Richarlison are not good enough to take up Harry’s slack. No matter how much some think they are.

The timing of it stinks , on the eve of a new season. Feel sorry for Ange .

It's happened before. Modric, Bale,Berbatov, Sheringham, even Gazza I remember feeling like we'd never be the same again.

It's not fun when your best player leaves, but we can and will bounce back, and now have a manager who won't sulk in the face of adversity, which the last two (not Nuno) would have done.

The only way to handle this is to get behind the team and manager and pray that the owner puts that money back into the team immediately. Vlahovic or similar would lessen the blow, especially in a side that is going to make chances for fun.

The EL and ECL are effectively the old Cup winners cup and eufa cup, trophies we were once proud to win and celebrate, why everyone is so down on them now is beyond me.

Back