• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Include the Porro and Kulu fees into this windows budget and it seems unlikely we will spend much more, we really need to fudging sell the dead wood now.
The club have said they were signings in previous seasons
The fees may not have been accounted for in those seasons of course but they may have allocated funds for the relevant parts they had to pay back then
We will, IMO, spend the Kane money now

Ange is the kind of manager who will not let us buy just anyone. I’ve read and heard that enough times
He likes young, hungry, mouldable players
The recent links with Eze seem sensible
Gift Orban is a no brainer for me
Buy another top CB like Tapsosba… yes please
There is real scope for this to become a positive for us and Kane now which is how I’d like to think he would see it too
He gets his guaranteed German medals and we go forward as a club

We need an Striker and another CB in, but do we need Eze, or where does he fit in the squad.
I think he is a good player, and we should have signed him when he moved to palace. Jose just didn't want him

Agreed
It’s hurting because he is OUR hero
But the team can genuinely be better
Lots of our fans can’t see that right now
It’s football mourning
But in reality things can progress and change arguably quicker without the reliance on the brilliance that kane brings
There's definitely some logic in thinking that to mould the team without Kane now is a more streamlined approach, rather than go thru the change again next season, and I have faith in Ange (a man 99% of us new naff all about 3 months ago :D:D) to navigate our team/club to a better place.

But it's equally valid for people to think we could have a drop off after losing a player, that lets face it, is deadly and probably the most intelligent footballer on the pitch most games. Plus we just don't know if Ange himself, finds this league a whole different monster to his previous appointments (which it obviously is, at face value)

We need an Striker and another CB in, but do we need Eze, or where does he fit in the squad.
I think he is a good player, and we should have signed him when he moved to palace. Jose just didn't want him
Jose didn’t want any player who was suffering to his bland way of playing
Eze slot into one of the 8 roles
That would give us a lot of options in midfield and allow for sales too

There's definitely some logic in thinking that to mould the team without Kane now is a more streamlined approach, rather than go thru the change again next season, and I have faith in Ange (a man 99% of us new naff all about 3 months ago :D:D) to navigate our team/club to a better place.

But it's equally valid for people to think we could have a drop off after losing a player, that lets face it, is deadly and probably the most intelligent footballer on the pitch most games. Plus we just don't know if Ange himself, finds this league a whole different monster to his previous appointments (which it obviously is, at face value)
I agree
But I think it’s relative
Each league is step up but the players you inherit are better too
So it comes down to the coach and approach
Already we’re seeing progress there
Ange is getting the team playing a way we haven’t seen before here. Poch never played this front foot regularly
It may hurt us too. We will know come jan 1st

and back on Kane
He is sublime. The ultimate player. But.. for him to shine previously we relied on him and he stepped up, and up, and up
It’s no coincidence we always looked more of a team when he was injured
Other players stepped up
The team pulled together
Relying on lane became a weakness and we even saw it with managers. The guy is that good

I'm sad mate, we're selling a generational talent one of the best we've ever had the same day the season starts and after a very promising pre-season where we've looked promising
You mean the very promising pre season where we scored more goals without Kane on the pitch than with him on it? Its really not the end of the world or the end of Spurs, far from it.....

I'm sad mate, we're selling a generational talent one of the best we've ever had the same day the season starts and after a very promising pre-season where we've looked promising
We have looked arguably better (could be timing of games etc…) when Harry wasn’t playing
The one game he looked like he knew what to do was Shaktar and he’s scored a hatful. Is that the system and him clicking or was that one last hurrah vs a team that didn’t care

It's a blow losing a player as good as Kane and it's going to be a challenge. This is going to be a young side playing a totally different way from recent seasons and we need to accept it's going to be tough. We've relied far too much on Harry getting our goals in the past, the new system may create more chances for more players, I would like to see an experienced centreback bought in as our back four will all be under 24 with limited experience of PL. Easy to say but we've got to get behind the team in our home games, away support is always great.

If we do I hope it's soon, today, this weekend not August 31st at 10.49pm

I worry about Ange's 1st game not being about getting behind him and the team in this new era but all about Levy out etc

Levy can help himself by having 2/3 new players in before United

From what I hear the United game already is. I believe there is some 'Levy out' pre-match protest already planned

I used an analogy to a Forest fan on the phone this morning. For me it was like having a favourite pet, and you were told a few years ago, you were going to lose him soon, so you know its going to happen, and its going to be upsetting, but you just dont know exactly when, but prepare yourself emotionally when if finally does

That said, when our dog eventually passes away, I am going to feel 10 times worse than this....

Back