• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think we will struggle to finish in the top half next season if Kane goes this summer, don’t see where the goals would come from. On the other hand, I can see the logic in selling him (assuming we get a price we are happy with) and rebuilding the side. Could get 2 or 3 top players with the money.

It all goes very Everton without him, even if we can get Ferguson in

Serious relegation fears in your opinion?

No just serious lack of pochettino fears ... he wouldn't say a peep if kane left under Pochettino and then would have banded some strikers around and various other players that pochettino would buy to make him feel better.

But selling kane and no pochettino means we will get relegated and will have no plan in the transfer window.

This one from Paul O'Keefe is quality:

Henry you’re a respected journalist and football writer. You’re advocating the England captain employs heavyweight lawyers and forces his way out of English football to go abroad. You spend all year promoting the English pyramid and here you are encouraging this behaviour? Ugly

The Henry Winter article and tweet highlights what social media has done to mainstream, previously high quality publications

Their journalists need to write sensationalist stuff to get quick clicks

Paul o'keefe savaging him on Twitter today. What kind of journo should be suggesting the England captain should be getting in 'Heavy' laywers to force a move etc.

Even showed an old tweet where he complained about the Rooney situation when he was considering leaving United a few years back.

It's silly season on Twitter again isn't it? Best to enjoy the summer and ignore all the rumours

I think we will struggle to finish in the top half next season if Kane goes this summer, don’t see where the goals would come from. On the other hand, I can see the logic in selling him (assuming we get a price we are happy with) and rebuilding the side. Could get 2 or 3 top players with the money.
The goals will come. Not as many, but they will. With a well-coached attacking system geared up to whatever forwards we have (as opposed to this season's Conteball), goals will happen. While a top striker is the single most valuable player for just about any club on the planet, there should be plenty of goals in Sonny (arguably a top striker himself, just not recently), Richi, and Kulu.

Brighton scored more goals than us this season with only Mac Allister hitting double figures, and that would have included penalties. Man for man, I'd pick our remaining forwards over theirs.

EDIT: Note that I'm not suggesting we sell Kane, or fail to get a replacement if we do. Just that I don't think it's fair to say "take away Kane's goals and we're relegation fodder".

Last edited:
The goals will come. Not as many, but they will. With a well-coached attacking system geared up to whatever forwards we have (as opposed to this season's Conteball), goals will happen. While a top striker is the single most valuable player for just about any club on the planet, there should be plenty of goals in Sonny (arguably a top striker himself, just not recently), Richi, and Kulu.

Brighton scored more goals than us this season with only Mac Allister hitting double figures, and that would have included penalties. Man for man, I'd pick our forwards over theirs.

EDIT: Note that I'm not suggesting we sell Kane, or fail to get a replacement if we do. Just that I don't think it's fair to say "take away Kane's goals and we're relegation fodder".

Son will pick up a lot of slack if Kane left, he has in the past when covering due to injuries. Deki & Richi have potential to give you goals, Bentancur scored 5 in less than half a season.

The relegation nonsense is drama queen stuff, Chelsea as I've repeatedly said won 28% of their games this season and were comfortably 12th and 10 points clear of relegation. Nuno won 50%, Ossie won 29%, Ange would actually have to be the worse manager Spurs has ever had in the PL era based on how bad the brick at the bottom of the league is now, for us to be in a relegation scrap

Son will pick up a lot of slack if Kane left, he has in the past when covering due to injuries. Deki & Richi have potential to give you goals, Bentancur scored 5 in less than half a season.

The relegation nonsense is drama queen stuff, Chelsea as I've repeatedly said won 28% of their games this season and were comfortably 12th and 10 points clear of relegation. Nuno won 50%, Ossie won 29%, Ange would actually have to be the worse manager Spurs has ever had in the PL era based on how bad the brick at the bottom of the league is now, for us to be in a relegation scrap
I do also think the squad would pick up some of the slack sans Kane. Obviously not his level but Son is a good CF when played there, Richi might step his level a bit and get a few. So yah it's not all doom and gloom.

If Kane were to leave i would though bring in at least one new striker. Someone in the mould of Oshimen (not going to happen [emoji28]), Kolo Muani or maybe even Gonsalvo Ramos (a gamble).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I do also think the squad would pick up some of the slack sans Kane. Obviously not his level but Son is a good CF when played there, Richi might step his level a bit and get a few. So yah it's not all doom and gloom.

If Kane were to leave i would though bring in at least one new striker. Someone in the mould of Oshimen (not going to happen [emoji28]), Kolo Muani or maybe even Gonsalvo Ramos (a gamble).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If he leaves we absolutely need another striker ..

If he leaves we absolutely need another striker ..

Completely. A concern about selling Kane is whether we're able to attract the right standard player given star man leaving, no European football of any kind, other teams (Man U, Chelsea, maybe Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the market for a CF). Would much prefer to keep him

Paul o'keefe savaging him on Twitter today. What kind of journo should be suggesting the England captain should be getting in 'Heavy' laywers to force a move etc.

Even showed an old tweet where he complained about the Rooney situation when he was considering leaving United a few years back.

It's silly season on Twitter again isn't it? Best to enjoy the summer and ignore all the rumours
It’s toxic
No accountability and double standards

Brighton scored more goals than us this season with only Mac Allister hitting double figures, and that would have included penalties. Man for man, I'd pick our forwards over theirs.

Absolutely this, team evolve mostly because they have to.

I am in no way saying Kane would not be a loss, hell we all know he would be, but I don't think football works like a year 7 playground argument where you simply take his goals out and that means what you will get next season.

From a pal's work colleague
He sends his kids to a school in Hampstead and H was in there last week checking it out for his kids

Do we think Real are looking at Havertz OR Kane, or both? Not exactly like for like players but if they're signing Bellingham as well, its a big outlay and also the question of whether all of those are needed

bumping my post above. Any views?

Back