• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Difficult to know where they are given the Bernabeu rebuild. Even if some of the fees are push back into coming years, they've already committed >€150m on Bellingham and Havertz...can they really find say £150m (€170m odd) for Kane? I can't see that any lower name starts a conversation
There were articles a year ago saying Spanish football was spiralling the financial drain.
Barca and Real had had to spread the TV income more equally across all clubs. They had to pull all the levers of future revenues and gamble on success.
They couldn't register players, they were rebuilding their stadium.
They were in decline... I was looking forward to it but so far there seems to be very little problem and always some sneaky solution.

There were articles a year ago saying Spanish football was spiralling the financial drain.
Barca and Real had had to spread the TV income more equally across all clubs. They had to pull all the levers of future revenues and gamble on success.
They were in decline... I was looking forward to it but so far there seems to be very little problem and always some sneaky solution.

Weren't Spain the only ones to introduce a wage cap of some kind? It must be having some impact as its been causing havoc at Barca, What with them needing to sell and loan out players before they can register new ones etc

Weren't Spain the only ones to introduce a wage cap of some kind? It must be having some impact as its been causing havoc at Barca, What with them needing to sell and loan out players before they can register new ones etc
Well on one hand it is "causing havoc" and on the other hand they aren't selling their stars and wanted to get Messi back...

Well on one hand it is "causing havoc" and on the other hand they aren't selling their stars and wanted to get Messi back...

They are desperately trying to shift players though, and have been for a couple of windows. The fact that they couldn't fiddle the books to get Messi back or even prevent him leaving despite agreeing to a pay cut means its working somewhat. I agree though, they are still stupid enough to keep wanting shiny new things, Kessie and Raphinha came in and they are already trying to sell them, even though they don't want to go lol

Funny to read on net..
Agreement reached with Kane.
2min later another papir RM pull out of the hunt.
Then same time: RM close on star signing from Spurs.

My ITK (brain) say:
Kane all time ledgent sign new 4 years deal at Spurs

Whatever the press say the constants with Kane have always been his doubts about having to learn a foreign language and latterly the opportunity to beat shearer's record.

I suspect we may be incredibly lucky and he will see Ange as the kind of person to give him a last chance at silverware with Spurs, if that fails for me it will be MLS when he's 33/34. Then he can indulge his interest in being a kicker for the NFL while also making a pile of cash at a franchise club. Messi will retire in 3 years time and they will need a new super star......

Definitely won't be Madrid or Bayern though, based on language barrier.

Real Madrid and Barcelona's finances are totally different. Real do not have any of the restrictions that Barca do and as noted Barca's problem is due to the relatively new La Liga wage cap. They can actually afford to pay their players etc but fall foul of the wage cap due to the way it is calculated ie. Wages as a percentage of revenue. That is the reason Barca activated the various levers so that there ncome raised enough to fit their existing salaries into it.

Real Madrid do not have any of these issues so can still spend their money fairly freely.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Id rather he not go at all, but if he does go then would much prefer it’s to a Spanish club than a PL club. Fair play if he does stay but you really cannot blame him if he has had enough.

Me: ChatGPT, tell Harry Kane why he should stay at Spurs.

Harry Kane, there are several compelling reasons why you should consider staying at Tottenham Hotspur:

1. Loyalty and Legacy: You have been with Tottenham Hotspur since the age of 11, and your loyalty to the club is admirable. Staying at Tottenham would cement your legacy as one of the greatest players in the club's history. You have already achieved incredible milestones, and by staying, you can continue to build on your success, breaking records and becoming an iconic figure for generations to come.

2. Club Ambition: Tottenham Hotspur has consistently shown ambition in recent years, striving to compete at the highest level. The club has invested in state-of-the-art facilities, including the world-class Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. By staying, you can be at the forefront of the club's journey to achieve greater success, including domestic and European titles.

3. Beloved by Fans: You are adored by Tottenham fans around the world. Your commitment and performances on the pitch have won over their hearts. By staying, you can continue to be a hero to the fans who have supported you throughout your career. The bond between you and the Tottenham faithful is unique and irreplaceable.

4. Team Chemistry: Tottenham has a talented squad with players like Son Heung-min, Dele Alli, and others who have formed strong on-field connections with you. The understanding and chemistry you have developed over the years can only improve with time, leading to even greater success. By staying, you can maintain and further develop these relationships, building a formidable team capable of achieving great things.

5. The Chance to Lead: As the captain of Tottenham Hotspur, you have the opportunity to lead the team to new heights. Your experience, skill, and leadership qualities can inspire your teammates and guide the younger players. By staying, you can continue to be a driving force in the club's success and leave a lasting impact on the team's culture.

6. Spurs DNA: Tottenham Hotspur has a rich history and a distinct style of play, known as the "Spurs DNA." By staying, you can contribute to preserving and evolving this style of football, playing the game in a manner that embodies the club's traditions and values. Your presence and influence can help shape the future direction of the team.

7. Personal Development: Staying at Tottenham provides an environment that nurtures your personal growth as a player. The coaching staff, training facilities, and the club's focus on player development can help you refine your skills and reach new levels of excellence. You can continue to learn, adapt, and evolve your game in a familiar and supportive environment.
Remember, the decision ultimately rests with you, Harry. Consider these reasons carefully, but also assess your personal ambitions and desires. Tottenham Hotspur has been your home for many years, and staying could offer you the platform to achieve greatness while leaving a lasting legacy at the club.

"Dele Alli" o_O

Whatever the press say the constants with Kane have always been his doubts about having to learn a foreign language and latterly the opportunity to beat shearer's record.

I suspect we may be incredibly lucky and he will see Ange as the kind of person to give him a last chance at silverware with Spurs, if that fails for me it will be MLS when he's 33/34. Then he can indulge his interest in being a kicker for the NFL while also making a pile of cash at a franchise club. Messi will retire in 3 years time and they will need a new super star......

That sounds like a decent shout

Kane won't be going out to pasture when he's 33/34, he'll still be at the top level banging in 20-30 goals...

Difficult to know where they are given the Bernabeu rebuild. Even if some of the fees are push back into coming years, they've already committed >€150m on Bellingham and Havertz...can they really find say £150m (€170m odd) for Kane? I can't see that any lower name starts a conversation

I think they're mainly going for the top youngsters now, their midfield is absolutely stacked now with Camavinga, Tchouaemo, Bellingham and then they have Rodrygo and Vinicius upfront.

Can't see them paying the money for older players anymore, they'll wait for Mbappe or find whoever the next new big thing is would be my guess.

Back