• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He starts off fine with, rightly, calling people out for racist abuse.

Unfortunately then he lumps in all abuse - meaning he's not ok with people calling out Saka for being a gutless brickclam. Kane's wrong on that.

What is wrong with you?
A 'gutless brickclam'?
What massive words eh?
Would you have called Baggio, Ronaldo, Messi 'gutless brickclams'?

Grow up.Please. It is getting painful.

He is at the age where he should be most confident. I absolutely knew I was invincible and unstoppable at that age.

Youth is an excuse for a lack of nous and tactical awareness maybe, but not bottling it.

Do you know his journey?

All I know is he is NINTEEN YEARS OLD, is top-level professional footballer in the toughest league in the world and stepped up to take a MASSIVE penalty in the biggest game he might ever play in his life.

Why can't you stop trolling people? When will you grow out of it? I am serious.

Legitimate criticism.
OK let me ask...how is calling someone a 'brickclam' and a 'bottler' 'legitimate criticism'? What is REMOTELY 'legitimate'm about that?
Excuse me?
Where did I say or remotely imply I believed that sort of stuff is legitimate. I was speaking about principle

Excuse me?
Where did I say or remotely imply I believed that sort of stuff is legitimate. I was speaking about principle

Clarification is important. Given that you thanked Scara for his incendiary comment, I am glad you clarified that.
I just want to point out, 'principle' had no part in what he was saying.
Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Glad to see you change your mind on him being deserving of abuse.

He's done well enough so far in this tournament to be called on in the final and be trusted to take that final penalty.

He's a teenager. There are a very small number of players that just keep doing well at that age seemingly regardless of the pressure, occasion and situation. Pedri for me the one real standout in that regard this tournament, but he never had to take a penalty or be thrown in for a final, so who knows.

I think even being in contention for something like this, to come on, to be trusted for a penalty, take it willingly and step up for it at that age should be applauded.

People miss penalties. Most of the greatest ever have done, many of them in their prime with poor penalties in high pressure situations. Jorginho is one of the best around at penalties, in his prime, and he missed.

To even consider that abuse is an appropriate response to a teenager missing a penalty like this to me is a shortcoming of empathy. Not sympathy, empathy, being able to put oneself in the shoes of another.

Personally I think the appropriate response is support and admiration. He's Arsenal, I want them and him to fail when in that shirt. But for this, stepping up for his country in a final in the hardest of circumstances, at a task where even the best have some rate of failure. Whatever that takes doesn't warrant a response of abuse.

This.

Clarification is important. Given that you thanked Scara for his incendiary comment, I am glad you clarified that.
I just want to point out, 'principle' had no part in what he was saying.
Apologies for the misunderstanding.
To clarify, the thanking was for him acknowledging that there was no such thing as deserved abuse

What is wrong with you?
A 'gutless brickclam'?
What massive words eh?
Would you have called Baggio, Ronaldo, Messi 'gutless brickclams'?

Grow up.Please. It is getting painful.
I don't think I've ever seen any of them bottle big occasions before. I've seen them all underperform but I've never seen them too scared to do anything on the pitch.

I don't think I've ever seen any of them bottle big occasions before. I've seen them all underperform but I've never seen them too scared to do anything on the pitch.

You obviously didn't watch the game on Sunday then, because you appear to be talking about somebody else other than Saka. He was no worse than several and better than some.
Without Chiellini's blatant foul he'd have been away.

At best you're being childish and looking for a rise (well done in that achievement). It is embarrassing IMO.

Last edited:
Why is it that whenever a footballer misses in a showdown situation where his team ends up losing a final, he is always labelled a bottler, whereas if his team ends up winning, it's totally irrelavent?

Saka was one of the stand-out successes of the England team. A breath of fresh air, someone not afraid to take on one of the most cynical and well-organised defences in world football. And in the penalty shoot-out he got his shot on target. Had the keeper dived the other way he would have been a hero rather than labelled a bottler. You know that full well, so to claim otherwise is only to kid yourself.

Okay I guess you must still be struggling to cope with what is for most of us a massive disappointment. But the time has come to move on.

You won't get anywhere fellas.

@scaramanga has conclusively proven (and stated) over many years that he has an empathy bypass. Even in the posts above he classes it as 'pointless'.

I'd guess it's considered pointless to him as he has never required anyone to show it to him. He is perfect.

Shame, as it is an important quality, to see things from all angles, stand in another man's shoes, including when carrying out your own actions as well as assessing others.

I hope, at bare minimum, his bypass doesn't extend to his nearest and dearest?

Do you know his journey?

All I know is he is NINTEEN YEARS OLD, is top-level professional footballer in the toughest league in the world and stepped up to take a MASSIVE penalty in the biggest game he might ever play in his life.

Why can't you stop trolling people? When will you grow out of it? I am serious.

I dislike Gooners as much as the next spurs fan, but Scara's comments about Saka in about 3 or 4 different threads are pretty unpleasant.

Saka didn't have the best game against Italy, but there were a few other members of the England team who were even worse.

Club allegiances aside, I feel very bad for the kid, and can't imagine what he's going through at the moment

I dislike Gooners as much as the next spurs fan, but Scara's comments about Saka in about 3 or 4 different threads are pretty unpleasant.

Saka didn't have the best game against Italy, but there were a few other members of the England team who were even worse.

Club allegiances aside, I feel very bad for the kid, and can't imagine what he's going through at the moment

I absolutely hate Arsenal but I hope we sing Sakas name when we play them.

Back