• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Why wouldn’t you recognise one of the most universally photographed and filmed sportsmen on the planet over the last month?
Non-Spurs footballers aren't that important to me. I rarely see them other than on the long lens of a match camera.

I'd recognise Maguire's slab head as it can be seen from space, but I wouldn't recognise John Stones if he wasn't in his kit from any other chav.

Why do you think that? Half the time when people post photos of our (ex)players I barely recognise them out of their kit.

If that’s happening to you with recent (Prem) ex players and the current England squad, I’d probably get that checked out.

If that’s happening to you with recent (Prem) ex players and the current England squad, I’d probably get that checked out.
I'm just not very good at remembering people's faces, never have been. Names I'm not bad with but I rarely get past "That person looks a little familiar" with anyone I don't know.

It sounds like a middle party wind-up...who really knows though? I don't want to lose him whatsoever but 100 mil plus a player or two the manager wants would possible be a smart course of action? If he wants to give us one more chance that is my preference, but if he is determined to leave then onwards!

It's sad to say but these days the Telegraph is just the Express but difficult to read on a packed train. I'd ignore it.

If City want him they'll need to triple their record transfer fee. I can't see them doing that.

I'm genuinely sad about the decline of the Telegraph too. Obviously, I have always disagreed with them politically but their sports coverage used to be amongst the best. Their cost cutting has meant that they've had to let go of pretty much every decent journalist that they had.

I have never read them much TBH...I think Paddy Barclay was there? My favourite ever football writer was Kevin McCarra, followed by David Lacey who was just a metronome. Glanville was good but got a bid odd near the end IMO.

Alas, this behaviour has been gutting the media of proper writing and journalism for two decades.

I have never read them much TBH...I think Paddy Barclay was there? My favourite ever football writer was Kevin McCarra, followed by David Lacey who was just a metronome. Glanville was good but got a bid odd near the end IMO.

Alas, this behaviour has been gutting the media of proper writing and journalism for two decades.

Their cricket writing was the best around 20 years ago. They've been fudged over by bricky management and clueless owners.

The news side is just as bad and their opinion pieces are tabloid quality.

It's sad to say but these days the Telegraph is just the Express but difficult to read on a packed train. I'd ignore it.

If City want him they'll need to triple their record transfer fee. I can't see them doing that.

The GoonerGraph is utter fishwrap. They've been leaking their best writers for years now with so many now off to proper jobs at proper publications. Whatever is left is basically a bunch of mopey lifers who aren't good enough to earn a move or bright young interns earning a pittance.

I'm genuinely sad about the decline of the Telegraph too. Obviously, I have always disagreed with them politically but their sports coverage used to be amongst the best. Their cost cutting has meant that they've had to let go of pretty much every decent journalist that they had.

Agreed.

My father-in-law is a lifelong reader - he still has a copy delivered every day. I too got into the sports coverage through reading it while staying with them, and first came across Jonathan Liew’s writing there, and Matthew D’Ancona’s political analysis (both now at The Guardian). Even took to buying it myself for a while, despite not agreeing with the editorial line in general.

it’s gone off a cliff in terms of quality, though.

Agreed.

My father-in-law is a lifelong reader - he still has a copy delivered every day. I too got into the sports coverage through reading it while staying with them, and first came across Jonathan Liew’s writing there, and Matthew D’Ancona’s political analysis (both now at The Guardian). Even took to buying it myself for a while, despite not agreeing with the editorial line in general.

it’s gone off a cliff in terms of quality, though.

Ha! I had no idea he'd arrived at The Guardian from there. I like Lieu, he has a measured, old-school approach and is less interested in self than reader.

Back