• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sorry but i am going to upset those like me folks here, I hate T w att etr and all it stands for, its full of idiots, racists, fools, arseholes and everyone who is not in that camp is giving these arseholes air space and its about time those in charge of these brick places to make money and they should be fined HEAVILY everytime there is a tweet that supports the crap they spout.

Time for the goverment to start punishing these companys every time they allow the my tits to spout their brick. And make it hard for them to spout unmeaning apoligies and say they are doing their best to stop it. They are not.

Rant over.

Anonymous social media is/has always been a disaster waiting to happen. You can't put governance per tweet/post on the platforms, it simply isn't viable, however you can require people actually register with a real/verified name and photo (people tend to be way less of an asshole when they know they can be traced), then you need to put the pressure on the Government to actually do something about it (whole other problem)

But realistically people are brickbags, it's terrible indictment that when we try to train an Artificial Intelligence (AI) by exposing it to people, in a matter of hours the AI turns into a racist, misogynistic piece of brick, that's what you learn from humans.

I always think to myself that the sort of people who abuse players on social media literally have nothing else but football in their lives. I love football but I have other passions and hobbies too. People like that who are racist on Twitter just lash out when their team doesn’t win because they have nothing else to fall back on. Probably the same people who go home and hit their wives or girlfriends because it makes them feel like a big man. I use twitter a lot and I love the memes and videos my mates send me, but I took a break from it recently as it’s so divisive. Honestly, social media has its positives; raising awareness, fundraising, giving people a platform etc but I wouldn’t miss twitter that much if it shut down tomorrow. It’s full of wokesters and racists who I detest for different reasons. Facebook is also starting to die a death. Instagram is the best of a bad bunch and seems far less abusive and polarising than the other two big platforms.

It's a little bit more than that

- Part of it is outright entitlement (curse of our times), the anger/lash out mentality when you don't get something is entitlement and/or unrealistic expectations, something you see with children's tantrums, something as a mature adult you should be able to control. Interesting you see a little of that wild anger with Spurs at time as well.
- The other issue is people who have real struggles in life, education, poverty, etc. (and all the aligned problems like alcohol & drug abuse) the lack of a view to getting out of a "bad" situation is another path to anger/frustration, the big issue here is this group has always been prime candidates for manipulation, the easiest is pointing their anger/blame at "others" and talking about the "good old days" (which were in fact worse)

The main thing is the culture of violence/racism/alcoholism needs to be really shut down, public messaging needs to be clear, from the top down, and the things that "used to be" need to be clearly called out, intolerance/ignorance cannot be tolerated.

Anonymous social media is/has always been a disaster waiting to happen. You can't put governance per tweet/post on the platforms, it simply isn't viable, however you can require people actually register with a real/verified name and photo (people tend to be way less of an asshole when they know they can be traced), then you need to put the pressure on the Government to actually do something about it (whole other problem)

But realistically people are brickbags, it's terrible indictment that when we try to train an Artificial Intelligence (AI) by exposing it to people, in a matter of hours the AI turns into a racist, misogynistic piece of brick, that's what you learn from humans.

The point was i agree it might be nearly impossiable to catch/fine the individuals who post this brick BUT i was saying it about time the Goverment took steps to fine the outlets ( T w Atter, Facebook etc)when thes posts appear on their forums. If they were hit with MASSIVE fines everytime a post was on their outlets then sure as brick they would try a lot harder to stop that happening. As it stand now all they do is wring their hands and say we are doing as much as we can to stop these posts in mock apology.

The point was i agree it might be nearly impossiable to catch/fine the individuals who post this brick BUT i was saying it about time the Goverment took steps to fine the outlets ( strap on, Facebook etc)when thes posts appear on their forums. If they were hit with MASSIVE fines everytime a post was on their outlets then sure as brick they would try a lot harder to stop that happening. As it stand now all they do is wring their hands and say we are doing as much as we can to stop these posts in mock apology.

dangerous ground mate, the idea makes sense but two issues

- Not possible to automate that successfully yet, so a lot of manual intervention required.
- Who determines the line? (some brick posts are clearly over the line, but some purposely/dogwhistle straddle the line), what happens when the post is anti-government? do you want the government to be able say that isn't allowed on private platforms?

The easiest answer is to clearly be able to identify the offender first, then figure out who/how you take action.

dangerous ground mate, the idea makes sense but two issues

- Not possible to automate that successfully yet, so a lot of manual intervention required.
- Who determines the line? (some brick posts are clearly over the line, but some purposely/dogwhistle straddle the line), what happens when the post is anti-government? do you want the government to be able say that isn't allowed on private platforms?

The easiest answer is to clearly be able to identify the offender first, then figure out who/how you take action.

Fair enough, but my point is that the owners of these outlets need to take stronger action to be able to identify those who act like arseholes/m orons to stop it from happening, at the moment they are not doing this. Heavy fines will insure that they do so imo. All this gonad*s from them about how hard they try and stop it from happening is just that (gonad*s) imo, if they face far heavier fines they sure as brick they will do more then give false promises.

Last edited:
I’m all for criticism of any player
But what we have recently is a targeted approach at a players couloir…. It’s odd

The biggest issue for me is it's so bad we could all foresee it

- Watching the match my concern was for Kane (spacegoat), then secondarily for exactly that group of players because I knew the racists asshats would immediately jump on it.

It's not even a surprise, just sadly expected ..

Ok, abuse is the wrong word. But I don't think people should hide their disappointment in him or keep in the damage he's been a part of.
Glad to see you change your mind on him being deserving of abuse.

He's done well enough so far in this tournament to be called on in the final and be trusted to take that final penalty.

He's a teenager. There are a very small number of players that just keep doing well at that age seemingly regardless of the pressure, occasion and situation. Pedri for me the one real standout in that regard this tournament, but he never had to take a penalty or be thrown in for a final, so who knows.

I think even being in contention for something like this, to come on, to be trusted for a penalty, take it willingly and step up for it at that age should be applauded.

People miss penalties. Most of the greatest ever have done, many of them in their prime with poor penalties in high pressure situations. Jorginho is one of the best around at penalties, in his prime, and he missed.

To even consider that abuse is an appropriate response to a teenager missing a penalty like this to me is a shortcoming of empathy. Not sympathy, empathy, being able to put oneself in the shoes of another.

Personally I think the appropriate response is support and admiration. He's Arsenal, I want them and him to fail when in that shirt. But for this, stepping up for his country in a final in the hardest of circumstances, at a task where even the best have some rate of failure. Whatever that takes doesn't warrant a response of abuse.

Glad to see you change your mind on him being deserving of abuse.

He's done well enough so far in this tournament to be called on in the final and be trusted to take that final penalty.

He's a teenager. There are a very small number of players that just keep doing well at that age seemingly regardless of the pressure, occasion and situation. Pedri for me the one real standout in that regard this tournament, but he never had to take a penalty or be thrown in for a final, so who knows.

I think even being in contention for something like this, to come on, to be trusted for a penalty, take it willingly and step up for it at that age should be applauded.

People miss penalties. Most of the greatest ever have done, many of them in their prime with poor penalties in high pressure situations. Jorginho is one of the best around at penalties, in his prime, and he missed.

To even consider that abuse is an appropriate response to a teenager missing a penalty like this to me is a shortcoming of empathy. Not sympathy, empathy, being able to put oneself in the shoes of another.

Personally I think the appropriate response is support and admiration. He's Arsenal, I want them and him to fail when in that shirt. But for this, stepping up for his country in a final in the hardest of circumstances, at a task where even the best have some rate of failure. Whatever that takes doesn't warrant a response of abuse.
I don't care about him missing the penalty (although he did fudge up in a major way), I care about him ducking out of tackles, hiding from the ball, refusing to run at players and misplacing his passes. He bottled the whole thing not just the penalty.

Empathy is pointless. From a personal point of view I couldn't care if he goes on to have a stunning career or this completely destroys him. As a Spurs fan I'd find the latter mildly amusing.

I don't care about him missing the penalty (although he did fudge up in a major way), I care about him ducking out of tackles, hiding from the ball, refusing to run at players and misplacing his passes. He bottled the whole thing not just the penalty.

Empathy is pointless. From a personal point of view I couldn't care if he goes on to have a stunning career or this completely destroys him. As a Spurs fan I'd find the latter mildly amusing.
To claim to know what others deserve while actively disregarding empathy sounds like a great way to ensure unfair treatment and a lack of understanding.

Of course he was better than Henderson, but Henderson played to his ability. He's just brick.

Just because someone is receiving racial abuse that shouldn't absolve them of deserved abuse for bottling everything on the pitch and letting their country down.

Nah Henderson is better than what he served up. Mount was awful all game as well.

Last edited:
The biggest issue for me is it's so bad we could all foresee it

- Watching the match my concern was for Kane (spacegoat), then secondarily for exactly that group of players because I knew the racists asshats would immediately jump on it.

It's not even a surprise, just sadly expected ..

If we had to lose on penalties, I'd have far far preferred for Maguire to have missed and (say) Rashford to have scored just to avoid that awfully stark line of "the white lads scored and the black boys didn't"

Well said.

I would have finished the sentence after "...if you abuse anyone."

E6HLFjLXoAQ9_ru

Back