• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I said it much earlier in the window and I think it is becoming clearer with each day that we don't really have any money to spend this summer. I think the DoF probably thought that we were likely to have a Harry Kane sized transfer fund coming in at some point (and some point a lot earlier than now) and was negotiating some deals based on that but not able to take them further due to us being brassic....

If we do end up selling Kane then we are clearly getting to the point of the window where it will be difficult to persuade clubs to sell us one of their contracted players.

I searched through my posts from much earlier in the window and here were all of my suggestions for potential players we could bring in (it was actually players that I thought would be far better to bring in than Vinicius if Harry left)..... I've added some commentary for each of them. I note that I hadn't listed Vlahovic on this list, not sure why I didnt?

This was my full list of potentials if Kane left....

Alex Isak (21) (Real Sociedad) (Since signed a new deal with a very large release clause)
Patson Daka (22) (Red Bull Salzburg) (Signed by Leicester for a superbly low fee. Leicester again showing us how to operate early and decisively in the transfer market)
Lautaro Martinez (23) (Inter Milan) (Fee hiked up massively after Inter sold Lukaku)
Abdallah Sima (19) (Slavia Prague) (Still available and would be a very smart move to sign him, even if Harry is staying.... Wouldnt' be cheap though)
Danny Ings (28) (Southampton) (Went to Aston Villa for a very reasonable price, we missed out here)
Wout Weghorst (28) (Wolfsberg) (Still 'available' (in that he could be purchased). Not sure he is actually quite good enough for where we want to be).
Mousa Dembele (24) (Lyon) (Still at Lyon, still likely to be available, might not be too expensive as Lyon are struggling financially)
Patrick Bamford (27) (Leeds) (Very underrated player, has a bit of everything about his game. Would have to pay over the odds fee for him).
Andre Silva (25) (Frankfurt) (Went to Leipzig for only £17m. Would've been a great deal for us to do. We missed out here).
Sasa Kalakdzic (23) (Stuttgart) (More a different option than a direct replacement or partner for Kane... Still at Stuttgart and could be signed).
Luka Jovic (23) (Real Madrid) (Still at Real Madrid and apparently available on loan. Could be a sensible signing for us).

Some are more second strikers though. In any event I think we need two from this list if Kane goes.

Last edited:
I said it much earlier in the window and I think it is becoming clearer with each day that we don't really have any money to spend this summer. I think the DoF probably thought that we were likely to have a Harry Kane sized transfer fund coming in at some point (and some point a lot earlier than now) and was negotiating some deals based on that but not able to take them further due to us being brassic....

If we do end up selling Kane then we are clearly getting to the point of the window where it will be difficult to persuade clubs to sell us one of their contracted players.

I searched through my posts from much earlier in the window and here were all of my suggestions for potential players we could bring in (it was actually players that I thought would be far better to bring in than Vinicius if Harry left)..... I've added some commentary for each of them. I note that I hadn't listed Vlahovic on this list, not sure why I didnt?

Alex Isak (21) (Real Sociedad) (Since signed a new deal with a very large release clause)
Patson Daka (22) (Red Bull Salzburg) (Signed by Leicester for a superbly low fee. Leicester again showing us how to operate early and decisively in the transfer market)
Lautaro Martinez (23) (Inter Milan) (Fee hiked up massively after Inter sold Lukaku)
Abdallah Sima (19) (Slavia Prague) (Still available and would be a very smart move to sign him, even if Harry is staying.... Wouldnt' be cheap though)
Danny Ings (28) (Southampton) (Went to Aston Villa for a very reasonable price, we missed out here)
Wout Weghorst (28) (Wolfsberg) (Still available. Not sure he is actually quite good enough for where we want to be).
Mousa Dembele (24) (Lyon) (Still at Lyon, still likely to be available, might not be too expensive as Lyon are struggling financially)
Patrick Bamford (27) (Leeds) (Very underrated player, has a bit of everything about his game. Would have to pay over the odds fee for him).
Andre Silva (25) (Frankfurt) (Went to Leipzig for only £17m. Would've been a great deal for us to do. We missed out here).
Sasa Kalakdzic (23) (Stuttgart) (More a different option than a direct replacement or partner for Kane... Still at Stuttgart and could be signed).
Luka Jovic (23) (Real Madrid) (Still at Real Madrid and apparently available on loan. Could be a sensible signing for us).

Some are more second strikers though. In any event I think we need two from this list if Kane goes.

Bamford just signed a new 5 year deal didn't he? (Or maybe that's what you mean by having to pay over the odds for him?)

Wout Weghorst (28) (Wolfsberg) (Still 'available' (in that he could be purchased). Not sure he is actually quite good enough for where we want to be).

Can’t believe Silva only went for £17m
Is Kaladszic the Austrian giant?
And surely jovic would be ideal
Perreira went to the UAE which was a waste IMO

How many of them are 30 PL goals a season players?

Can’t believe Silva only went for £17m
Is Kaladszic the Austrian giant?
And surely jovic would be ideal
Perreira went to the UAE which was a waste IMO
Silva fee is another example of a well run club who are prepared to do business early in the window being able to get a player for a good fee. When your MO is like ours where you always have to sell a player before being allowed to buy one it tends to exclude you from doing these sorts of deals.

Think it was Saudi as opposed to UAE for Pereira but yes that is a massive waste there. I wonder what they paid for him?

Yes Kaladszic is the big Austrian.
Apparently Inter are trying to get Jovic on loan so that one could potentially be doable.

If Kane is staying and we actually do have some money then I'd like us to have a punt on Sima. He has huge potential IMO.

Last edited:
For me, he is as good as gone. The fact he didnt even get on the flight to Portugal for some easy game time speaks volumes. Wont be 'fit' for Wolves so misses that game.

It will all be on us getting a replacement in before he leaves.

How many of them are 30 PL goals a season players?
None of them.... Only two of them play in the PL for starters :D

We don't have the transfer fee/wage offer/prestige to be able to sign a ready made 30 goal a season striker unfortunately (perhaps not even a 20 goal a season striker). So we have to attempt to find a striker who could become that player. If Kane is staying (as is seeming more likely) then we can afford to have a bit of a punt on one of the younger ones like the first 4 names in the list. The problem is that 3 of those players would be a lot more expensive now than they were at the start of the window.

Last edited:
For me, he is as good as gone. The fact he didnt even get on the flight to Portugal for some easy game time speaks volumes. Wont be 'fit' for Wolves so misses that game.

It will all be on us getting a replacement in before he leaves.

He's only gone IF City comes up with the money, nothing so far has indicated they will.

Don't want us buying any more french ginola was class hugo did well. But way too many disappointments.

Think it was Saudi as opposed to UAE for Pereira but yes that is a massive waste there. I wonder what they paid for him?

Yes Kaladszic is the big Austrian.
Apparently Inter are trying to get Jovic on loan so that one could potentially be doable.

If Kane is staying and we actually do have some money then I'd like us to have a punt on Sima. He has huge potential IMO.
I think a little and large combo can work
Martinez works with Lukaku
We have seen how Kane and son can work
We cannot replace kanes goals and assists but we can change the way we play to get more from the team
Inter are after Thuram who plays a similar role to Martinez

I thought the same till i realised most of the team that started against city didn't travel.

Kane didn’t play against City and is not fit. Absolutely ideal game to run about a bit and would have been far better than Scarlett even if not fit. Even give him 45 mins. I’m not having it.

Back