• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

So let's say he stays - he'll have to make amends with fans, right? What can he possibly say to remedy the situation? "Obviously, my brother is a bit of a clam, and eh ..." etc. I don't like this brick, and feel it would be the best for all parties if we could move him on this summer, but we'd need that 150 mill now, not on the last day of the window.

So let's say he stays - he'll have to make amends with fans, right? What can he possibly say to remedy the situation? "Obviously, my brother is a bit of a clam, and eh ..." etc. I don't like this brick, and feel it would be the best for all parties if we could move him on this summer, but we'd need that 150 mill now, not on the last day of the window.

Say? nothing, honestly think he will just wind people up if he tries to do another video interview to clear the air, or release another statement.

If he stays, once the goals flow the chant will follow, but it will just never be the same again.

Still reckon he will leave.

Last edited:
I don’t think he can, he pretty much came out in public and said he is too big for us and although that is probably true you don’t do an interview admitting it and certainly not whilst you and your team are still competing in the league.

First thing I'd really like to hear, whether from Kane or the club, is a clearer explanation of what happened over the last couple weeks and his return from holiday. I'm not necessarily expecting a full disclosure or an open statement, but even if they clarified through their favoured journalist, it will be helpful.

I'd then expect Kane to come up with some statements like:

- been at Spurs for 16 years
- always given 100%
- always wanted to achieve the most personally and win things
- will always give my best for the club whilst here
- blah blah

and then the club will help him with PR to patch things over

I don’t think he can, he pretty much came out in public and said he is too big for us and although that is probably true you don’t do an interview admitting it and certainly not whilst you and your team are still competing in the league.

Yeah, absolute amateur hour. It's certainly not Sol-levels of betrayal, but ... I feel quite down about it all. He was our homegrown hero and poster boy for so long, and now this. Just really sad.

It's remarkable how the tone of the press has changed. When he first announced his desire to move it was all about him needing to win things at a big club and the evil Levy being the obstacle to that. Now there are articles about the lack of professionalism in an England captain.

I'd like to know what Levy really thinks. Does he really want a deal? £160m for a 28-year old with three years on his contract might be the optimum time to sell (especially with the likely alternatives next year). Is one more year of Kane likely to make that much difference, as we've fallen well behind where we might have been able to mount a challenge. Keeping Kane would also help make the memories of the Superleague fiasco go away, but does Levy take such factors into account?

Say? nothing, honestly think he will just wind people up if he tries to do another video interview to clear the air, or release another statement.

If he stays, once the goals flow the chant will follow, but it will just never be the same again.

Still reckon he will leave.
He needs to STFU and contribute to the team.

And when he scores we sing "one Tottenham Hotspur".

Or simply nothing.

Quickly cheer the goal - always a team effort anyway - but no lauding of Kane in any way. If Dele made the pass for an assist, then pipe up with Nice One Dele, stuff like that. But no Harry Kane songs or chants. Nothing.

It's remarkable how the tone of the press has changed. When he first announced his desire to move it was all about him needing to win things at a big club and the evil Levy being the obstacle to that. Now there are articles about the lack of professionalism in an England captain.

I'd like to know what Levy really thinks. Does he really want a deal? £160m for a 28-year old with three years on his contract might be the optimum time to sell (especially with the likely alternatives next year). Is one more year of Kane likely to make that much difference, as we've fallen well behind where we might have been able to mount a challenge. Keeping Kane would also help make the memories of the Superleague fiasco go away, but does Levy take such factors into account?

The way i think he'd view it is that with the3 years contract we're as close to guarentreing the top goal scorer/contributor in the league for that period as possible - how much would you or another club pay each season for that guarantee? That's potentially the difference between top 4 and top 6 for us or the title and top 3 for City

100m-120m with that in mind doesn't really cut it, 160m (over 50m per each of his remaining seasons) and you start to see the value

Jesus...is Jason Burt embarrassed at all about how transparent he is being? Does he enjoy licking the Kane's boots? Can he look himself in the mirror and consider himself a man? Does his wife look at him with any sense of affection given he is cucking himself to the Kanes to make a buck?[p/QUOTE]

He believes he has a deal agreed with chairman Daniel Levy that entitles him to leave for Emirates Marketing Project for a fee of £125million after Tottenham failed to win a cup or finish in the top four last season.

Pathetic journalism and no doubt he knows which rooster to suck.

If one accepts some sort of gentleman's agreement was agreed, it would have been based on some sort of fair market value, not some arbitrary number from previous years. City have themselves set the value.

It seems they don't value Kane much more than Grealish.

No, quite clearly Levy has moved away from selling our best players unless absolutely forced to, and even then, only at right price.

We don't need to mount a challenge this year, but if we kept Kane, get one or two other additions, 4th isn't impossible. Then you re-evaluate next summer, does Kane still want to leave, will anyone want to buy him (I'd suspect we could always punt him to United if we really wanted to).

Jesus...is Jason Burt embarrassed at all about how transparent he is being? Does he enjoy licking the Kane's boots? Can he look himself in the mirror and consider himself a man? Does his wife look at him with any sense of affection given he is cucking himself to the Kanes to make a buck?

Do Kane’s PR team think his potential vilifiers are tucked away behind a Telegraph pay wall and this is the best way to reach them?

Last edited:
The Harry Kane saga made it onto the Today programme this morning. Not in one of the sports slots, but as a separate item just before the 9am finish. It was very odd, and clearly a bit of a filler. They had Harry Redknapp and a former agent of Kane's from his younger days (didn't catch his full name, John someone). Redknapp making the point that Levy will stick to his guns as to Kane's value and City will have to match Levy's valuation, but he thinks the deal will be done. Also spoke about Kane's professionalism and how he will work hard if he stays, and how he's a leader and popular figure in the dressing room. The agent spoke about FFP and City having already paid out for Grealish.
Nothing revelatory, and a very random item to have outside of the sports section, especially as nothing significant has happened over the last day or so. It definitely had a Spurs bias (rather than a Kane bias) - keeps their message to City out there, as well as smoothing things over for Kane if no sale is made. The 8.55am slot on the Today programme is an odd channel for messaging, but if Redknapp gets quoted off the back of it, then I suppose it would get a wider audience.

Back