• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I said earlier it seemed a strange move for them. They do have money though.

They just sold a third of the club raising €181m. Also the cvc deal, which should take care of any short term debt. Not sure how much atleti will get, but it's €2.1bn between the 18 clubs (not barca or madrid), of which atleti will get the biggest share. So probably more than €200m.

So can they go for vlahovic? Yes. Should they? Probably not. Unless they are planning to offload. But then atletico were in the situation they were because they spent too much on players. But won la liga.
The €200m share you mention is no where near to that. It’s over 38 clubs too
And it’s all pretty much there fir investment in growth, not players
I did check earlier
So they can spend money on the ground and other assets, not players
The €181m has gone straight on debt too if what I read earlier was true

The €200m share you mention is no where near to that. It’s over 38 clubs too
And it’s all pretty much there fir investment in growth, not players
I did check earlier
So they can spend money on the ground and other assets, not players
The €181m has gone straight on debt too if what I read earlier was true

€600m was going to go to barca and madrid. Thats why when they opted out it dropped from €2.7bn to €2.1bn. So you'd expect atletico to be getting in the region of €200m.

According to this up to 30% can be used to spend on players and debt.

https://www.ft.com/content/114a8d1d-c9c4-44ca-bdbf-493c74dae310

Some of their debt is because of the stadium. So i'm guessing the other 70% can be used to pay that off.

€600m was going to go to barca and madrid. Thats why when they opted out it dropped from €2.7bn to €2.1bn. So you'd expect atletico to be getting in the region of €200m.

According to this up to 30% can be used to spend on players and debt.

https://www.ft.com/content/114a8d1d-c9c4-44ca-bdbf-493c74dae310

Some of their debt is because of the stadium. So i'm guessing the other 70% can be used to pay that off.
That’s over 38 clubs though, not 18

Yep
That’s the TV rights
But the whole pot is being split over 38 clubs

Cvc are buying 10% of their tv rights for the next 50 years. Atletico gets a larger share of tv rights money so will get a larger share of the cvc money. Doesn't matter if the split is between 18 or 38. The clubs from the second division get hardly any tv money at all and won't get that much from the deal.

Cvc are buying 10% of their tv rights for the next 50 years. Atletico gets a larger share of tv rights money so will get a larger share of the cvc money. Doesn't matter if the split is between 18 or 38. The clubs from the second division get hardly any tv money at all and won't get that much from the deal.
I think it’s not as straight forward as you say
And doing some more research Barca we’re due €280m of which they could only spend €42m on players
Atletico would get €30m on players using the same published logic
Atletico have already spent £32m on Rodrigo de Paul
They had no money to service their debt before the recent cash injection
So how would they fund a €70m purchase!

I think it’s not as straight forward as you say
And doing some more research Barca we’re due €280m of which they could only spend €42m on players
Atletico would get €30m on players using the same published logic
Atletico have already spent £32m on Rodrigo de Paul
They had no money to service their debt before the recent cash injection
So how would they fund a €70m purchase!

Well for one amortization means that the cost would be spread over the duration of the contract of players (for accounting purposes). So if paul and vlahovic cost €100m between them and they both have 5 year contracts. For this season they would only cost atletico €20m.

Well for one amortization means that the cost would be spread over the duration of the contract of players (for accounting purposes). So if paul and vlahovic cost €100m between them and they both have 5 year contracts. For this season they would only cost atletico €20m.
Depends on the down payment
You capitalise the up front payment when you pay it. They may well agree a flat line of course

Depends on the down payment
You capitalise the up front payment when you pay it. They may well agree a flat line of course

For accounting purposes there is no down payment. All players costs are spread evenly over the duration of their contract. How they pay fiorentina, even if it' all the money at once won't matter.

For accounting purposes there is no down payment. All players costs are spread evenly over the duration of their contract. How they pay fiorentina, even if it' all the money at once won't matter.

That’s not how accounting works
You can’t pay out £50m done and count it as £20m… it’s money you have spent
Your talking about amortisation for writing off the asset
I’m not talking about FFP being the issue where I’m talking about them being able to fund the deal
If they have say £50m in the bank and the initial down payments in their buys are £80m..,, they need to find £30m

That’s not how accounting works
You can’t pay out £50m done and count it as £20m… it’s money you have spent
Your talking about amortisation for writing off the asset
I’m not talking about FFP being the issue where I’m talking about them being able to fund the deal
If they have say £50m in the bank and the initial down payments in their buys are £80m..,, they need to find £30m

Yes and they just got a big lump of change from cvc. Officially they can only spend €30m on players. Due to amortisation they will only spend €20m. So they've stuck to the deal.

It's dangerous and underhanded and will probably lead to big problems in the future. But they can do it.

Yes and they just got a big lump of change from cvc. Officially they can only spend €30m on players. Due to amortisation they will only spend €20m. So they've stuck to the deal.

It's dangerous and underhanded and will probably lead to big problems in the future. But they can do it.

Everything depends on the down payments they have to make on the purchase they want to make

amortisation has nothing to do with that. That’s for FFP purposes and tax treatment

the €30m they get form CVC at they can spend on down payments

the money they got in recently has gone on player debt

they may have some of that left over

Everything depends on the down payments they have to make on the purchase they want to make

amortisation has nothing to do with that. That’s for FFP purposes and tax treatment

the €30m they get form CVC at they can spend on down payments

the money they got in recently has gone on player debt

they may have some of that left over

Ffp, tax and for la liga. Barca used it with the swap deal of pjanic and artur to get around la ligas rules last season. This is no different.

Ffp, tax and for la liga. Barca used it with the swap deal of pjanic and artur to get around la ligas rules last season. This is no different.
Not for tax purposes I agree. That was exactly what Barca did
But the difference here is they have to lay some cash out to but the man
They actually need to pay that money
Unless they do a deal like a jive have done for lacatelli

Lewandowski is an interesting curve ball.
Obvious quality.
Doesn't rely on pace.
Turns 33 in Sat.
100m price tag.

If your City, 75m plus add-ons? He'll be class for two years at least, then back up for two years.
The flip side - if he goes somewhere else, it sets the market value lower overall.

Interesting.....

Levy should tell Harry he also made a gentleman’s agreement with the Taliban for his loaning out to there. Give him a real ‘new challenge’.

Back