• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

As much as Kane has hacked me off this summer I would not sell him now because we will not get an adequate replacement in the time remaining.

I concur. But I wouldn't rush him back into the starting lineup either. Let him ride the pine awhile and contemplate that every game he sits is one less game to reel in Alan Shearer's goals total.

That's just being churlish. If one the world's best goalscorers stays with us (as I still hope he does, despite everything), then if fit to play (and if him playing fits whatever tactics Nuno wants to deploy for a particular game), he should play. It's not the school playground where someone gets sent to coventry.

Exactly where I am. I’d also use him much more sparingly this year and start to think about the future.

He should also be subbed off when appropriate.

I said that he should play but I agree he shouldn't be undroppable, or unsubstituteable (?).
I have a feeling Nuno won't be afraid to make such a call either.

I said that he should play but I agree he shouldn't be undroppable, or unsubstituteable (?).
I have a feeling Nuno won't be afraid to make such a call either.

We need more options though! At the moment, if you compare options in attacking areas to last season we've lost Bale, Lamela and Vinicius and gained Gil

We need another body in before the 31st, even if just to share some of the workload of European away games and domestic cups

That's just being churlish. If one the world's best goalscorers stays with us (as I still hope he does, despite everything), then if fit to play (and if him playing fits whatever tactics Nuno wants to deploy for a particular game), he should play. It's not the school playground where someone gets sent to coventry.
Unless he goes all berbatov.

Exactly where I am. I’d also use him much more sparingly this year and start to think about the future.

He should also be subbed off when appropriate.

My thoughts as well, i do not like his actions this summer but if he does stay we should use him. But as you say he should be left out if he is not playing well and subbed when he needs to be. It has looked to me over the last few years he seems to stay on even when he is not playing well and seems to pick himself even when he has looked unfit.

No way Coventry could afford him.

We need to start planning for the future.

My thoughts as well, i do not like his actions this summer but if he does stay we should use him. But as you say he should be left out if he is not playing well and subbed when he needs to be. It has looked to me over the last few years he seems to stay on even when he is not playing well and seems to pick himself even when he has looked unfit.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Harry in a run of form where I’d thought “he needs to be dropped”. But there have been games where I’ve looked and thought “he needs to come off, it’s not happening for him”, there have been games he’s played unfit and the insistence that he takes free kicks despite being dogbrick on them says to me that he’s probably had more influence in his management than a player should. It’d be no harm to see that reigned in if he stays.

I don't mind him coming off the bench if we need him, but the 11 who played against City should not be dropped, and it's a bad signal to the squad if he does. I don't think we'll get 'berbatov', but we'll definitely get a Kane not wanting to get injured, and that will affect his play. If he's here when the window shuts, I'd imagine his application would improve.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Harry in a run of form where I’d thought “he needs to be dropped”. But there have been games where I’ve looked and thought “he needs to come off, it’s not happening for him”, there have been games he’s played unfit and the insistence that he takes free kicks despite being dogbrick on them says to me that he’s probably had more influence in his management than a player should. It’d be no harm to see that reigned in if he stays.

Fair comment and i could have phrased it better i guess, what i mean is that he seems to play even when he is not really fit/ in the game and he should be treated just like every other player ( and i do believe that has not always been the case).

And without a doubt taking free kicks should be taken away from him.

Last edited:
One thing that I love is that City and Chelsea can go out and spend big and no questions. If we do the same, it’s ‘are Spurs already spending the Kane money?’...almost as if we don’t dare spend otherwise as it doesn’t fit the media’s liking

One thing that I love is that City and Chelsea can go out and spend big and no questions. If we do the same, it’s ‘are Spurs already spending the Kane money?’...almost as if we don’t dare spend otherwise as it doesn’t fit the media’s liking

To be fair, Levy has mentioned about how much covid hit us and we took out the government loan. Could obvioulsy be a smokescreen though and there was some speculation recently that we'd done a naming rights deal

Back