• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Apart from a good end to last season, Wickham has done nothing to suggest he is worth 8m and certainly nothing to suggest he is a better option than Kane

And he's not worth 8m but for 5 or 6m he'd be a damn good option as 3rd/4th choice striker.

As for his form at the end of last season for Sunderland he scored 8 goals in 11 appearance for Sheff. Wed in one loan spell and then 5 in 12 for Sunderland. He has the ability to play in the Premier league and has the added "English" bonus, would rather we buy him than Carlos Kickaball for £15m because he's flavour of the month in the Columbian League .

And he's not worth 8m but for 5 or 6m he'd be a damn good option as 3rd/4th choice striker.

As for his form at the end of last season for Sunderland he scored 8 goals in 11 appearance for Sheff. Wed in one loan spell and then 5 in 12 for Sunderland. He has the ability to play in the Premier league and has the added "English" bonus, would rather we buy him than Carlos Kickaball for £15m because he's flavour of the month in the Columbian League .

They'll never sell for that sum. Makes no real sense for them to let him go cheap especially if he has hit a bit of form.

I'd prefer for us to aim a bit higher, maybe someone like Bony if a good deal could be done. I think he is the ideal replacement for Ade, who will probably depart in a season or two, and Bony's price will be exorbitant by then if he's even available.

Delighted with this news. I'm ashamed to say that i used to slate him a year or two ago even though he is still young but fair play to him he has changed my opinion of him with his performances last season and is now our second choice striker behind Ade IMO.

Well, I think that could be debated. In any event, my point wasn't about whether he is better than Kane at this point, but rather about depth. With the 3 we have, and what they bring, and in four competitions, I'd prefer to add a 4th. Just my 2 cents, and we shall see how it plays out.

If we were going to play 2 up top, I would agree - but it looks like one up top, certainly as the first choice formation, so there is no way you can keep 4 strikers happy playing that way

I even think Kane will be used in the 3 behind the striker at times to ensure enough game time.

I know I am in the minority but I think he deserves a place over Soldado he did more in his late season run in the side than Soldado did all season

They'll never sell for that sum. Makes no real sense for them to let him go cheap especially if he has hit a bit of form.

I'd prefer for us to aim a bit higher, maybe someone like Bony if a good deal could be done. I think he is the ideal replacement for Ade, who will probably depart in a season or two, and Bony's price will be exorbitant by then if he's even available.

if we are to go down that route, i would prefer we thoroughly scout and get the next Benteke or Lukaku etc
and i think with the right development Kane has the potential to do that

My only concern for him is how often he gets played in and fails to get his shot away, could be confidence but he needs to be sharper than that! Happened againgst Schalke again. Other than that I do like him

My only concern for him is how often he gets played in and fails to get his shot away, could be confidence but he needs to be sharper than that! Happened againgst Schalke again. Other than that I do like him

Agreed; he has decent touch and intelligence and positioning, but can be a bit too slow to take an opportunity - you only get 0.1 seconds in the Premier League to get a shot away, no time for a nice touch to set yourself and a big backlift. Let's hope he learns to pop them in before the keeper gets set. The goal in preseason where he popped it into the top corner was very impressive, very calm.

Hope Harry has got his passport up to date and isn't busy on Thursday nights!

Seriously though, it's good to see that somebody has come through the youth system. I wonder what would have happened if sherwood hadn't have backed him.

Last edited:
This new deal is great news. The improvement in his game in terms of technique (his lobbed passes and surprising crossing ability in particular) and footballing intelligence (dropping deep to build up play, knowing when to waste time (Old Trafford) and when to speed up the game, etcetera) has been good to watch, and I think he'll eventually develop enough either this season or the next to become our second choice striker. After that, considering that he's still only 21, it'll just be a case of learning via experience and staking his claim.

Make no doubt, he's a promising young player, and I'm glad he got his chance under Sherwood. If Ade goes for the AfCoN, I'd like to see him given an extended run as our first-choice front man to see what he can do.

I don't like the depth, nor the intensity. Would be more comfortable if we could add someone like Remy or Wickham for about 8-10 mil. Wish we had done this sooner cos now worried that Long at 12 mil will have inflated the prices.

You can't have 4 senior players for 1 position. We found it hard enough keeping 4 strikers when we used to play 2 up.

You can't have 4 senior players for 1 position. We found it hard enough keeping 4 strikers when we used to play 2 up.

Squad wise, I hear you, but with the makeup of our 3, I'm a little nervous. Ade is Ade, and we all know his history. Soldo, well, he has been much debated. So, questions abound about those two, and we need for them to each have pretty big and healthy years. Its asking a lot at their ages. Not sure Kane is ready for 1st choice in PL for a Top 4-6 team. Like I say, we'll see how it goes, and if everything falls right, then I guess we will be fine.

Last edited:
Ade does not have to be played as a lone striker. Nowadays he's probably better suited to playing in the hole behind the striker. Problem is we don't have a better alternative up front.

Hope Harry has got his passport up to date and isn't busy on Thursday nights!

Seriously though, it's good to see that somebody has come through the youth system. I wonder what would have happened if sherwood hadn't have backed him.

People here don't like the talk of Sherwood doing anything right... Quickly mention 'his arsenal tattoo' and you may get away with it, ;)

Really pleased for him.

And proves to the kids in the development team that a route to the first team exists.

Happy. Looks good, impressive pre-season too...

Agreed.

Spot on.

I think a younger player trying to break into the team that's capable of playing multiple positions/roles as that third option up front is perfect. Kane also gives us a bit of physicality which we lack if Ade is out or off form.

We do lack a pacey option up front, but other than that our strikers are fairly well rounded.

We wouldn't have 4 senior players we'd have 2 in Ade and Soldado with Kane and Whickham as the youngsters to back them up and play EL games.

We wouldn't have 4 senior players we'd have 2 in Ade and Soldado with Kane and Whickham as the youngsters to back them up and play EL games.

You really think Kane and Wickham would both be happy to not even be considered "senior players"?

Describe it however you want, the amount of game time those two would get with all those 4 players in a team playing primarily with one striker would strike me at least as insufficient to further development.

Back