• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'm not a big fan of Redmond, he is still young so plenty of time to improve, but he is nowhere near as good as our current players and we don't have time to babysit him while he grows up.

I'm not a big fan of Redmond, he is still young so plenty of time to improve, but he is nowhere near as good as our current players and we don't have time to babysit him while he grows up.

He is better than Townsend by a country mile.

He is better than Townsend by a country mile.

Love that expression. A country mile.

I was a huge fan of townsend last summer. The season started well but he got worse as it went on, I now feel he will probably never become as good as his speed and confidence warrants. I like him but he has to massively improve on decision making. Big season coming up for him this year.

Love that expression. A country mile.

I was a huge fan of townsend last summer. The season started well but he got worse as it went on, I now feel he will probably never become as good as his speed and confidence warrants. I like him but he has to massively improve on decision making. Big season coming up for him this year.

he was going to conquer the World...and lost his mindset...whatever that was!

Kane to me plays a bit like a young raw version of Lambert.....I think Poch will like him a lot tbh

Kane to me plays a bit like a young raw version of Lambert.....I think Poch will like him a lot tbh

I wouldnt be surpised if we dont see him again (at least start games) .. I dont think he has the level of technical ability that we or Poch would want..

Just don't see the technical ability there tbh. I said it before, but there's no point having the brains and footballing intelligence to get into a bit of space near your opponents goal if you don't have the skills to control the pass you're picked out with and to finish the chance you're given.

A player's movement and decision making gets better with experience and coaching. Technical skills rarely do.

Just don't see the technical ability there tbh. I said it before, but there's no point having the brains and footballing intelligence to get into a bit of space near your opponents goal if you don't have the skills to control the pass you're picked out with and to finish the chance you're given.

A player's movement and decision making gets better with experience and coaching. Technical skills rarely do.

You talking about Kane? I was actually quite impressed with his close control around the area and he is very good at making a yard of space

Certainly the interesting comparison at this point. Kane has gotten a lot stronger in the last 12-18 months it seems to me and he showed that he was perfectly capable of being a handful physically even up against tough PL defenders.

Another interesting part of that comparison was that Lambert was 30+ when first playing in the Premier League. I know he has been highly rated by some before that, but still, it does make it look kinda silly that people were writing Kane off before he'd turned 20.

You talking about Kane? I was actually quite impressed with his close control around the area and he is very good at making a yard of space

Agreed. Many nice touches, quite similar to Lambert in that way too. Seems a fairly intelligent player too, capable of being the creator. Also makes him versatile in that he can play as the number 10 and perhaps even in a wide left "inside forward" type position. Again, a bit like Lambert.

Will be interesting to see what happens this summer with Kane and if Poch rates him.

The only area that the lad has really disappointed me in is his finishing. There were quite a few oppurtunities in our final few fixtures and he seemed to either mis control the ball or scuff his shot. Maybe it's a mental thing where he panics a little, but it is a weakness atm.

Interestingly, I read yesterday somewhere that Poch was interested in taking Kane to Southampton in January. The lad must have done something right.

I've wondered whether he has something adrift in his eyesight.

Generally he's got some nice moves and a good touch, plus a good game brain. However, when a ball comes at him quickly, or if he has to swivel his head to follow the ball it seems to go wrong.

In a few games a fast ball in & around the 6 yard box catches him on his standing foot - and it really grateswhen the ball needs not much more than a deflection for a goal.

The only area that the lad has really disappointed me in is his finishing. There were quite a few oppurtunities in our final few fixtures and he seemed to either mis control the ball or scuff his shot. Maybe it's a mental thing where he panics a little, but it is a weakness atm.

Interestingly, I read yesterday somewhere that Poch was interested in taking Kane to Southampton in January. The lad must have done something right.

The sample is much too small to say something about this. Most of us agree that Soldado is a very good finisher, he's probably missed more good opportunities than Kane.

I agree about the Kane to Southampton on loan link being interesting.

IMO, Kane showed enough positives last season to merit a place in the squad, if he's the 3rd choice for the '1' upfront.

He is getting too much of a mouth on him at the moment, he will not stand for being 3rd choice for long.

Well said. At his age he has intriguing potential and hopefully Poch can continue his development.

Another I'm hopeful for is Sig who has an eye for goal and I think his game might suit Poch. I think Sherwood may have played him more, but his hand was tied a bit because of the money invested in others.

Back