• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

You really think Kane and Wickham would both be happy to not even be considered "senior players"?

Describe it however you want, the amount of game time those two would get with all those 4 players in a team playing primarily with one striker would strike me at least as insufficient to further development.

There are ways around that. Play two up front in Europa league and early FA and League Cup games for starters.

There are ways around that. Play two up front in Europa league and early FA and League Cup games for starters.

This, I really don't understand why we comment on player fatigue for Europa, squad too big, then play the same players in 4 competitions

PL & FA -> Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vert, Davies, Capoue, Holtby, Lamela, Lennon, Eriksen, Ade
Europa & CC -> Vorm, Naughton, Vlad, Dier, Rose, Sandro, Bentaleb, Dembele, Townsend, Soldado, Kane

Two teams, if some really plays up a storm in cups, move them to PL and vice versa

I think that chopping and changing formations whilst the players are getting used to a new manager and his ideas would be a mistake. I think it would be a better idea for fringe players to get used to his preferred formation.

My only concern for him is how often he gets played in and fails to get his shot away, could be confidence but he needs to be sharper than that! Happened againgst Schalke again. Other than that I do like him

Same here. My only other concern is he seems to fall/get pushed over rather a lot, certainly did last weekend thats for sure

Always said on this site that is could see him making it as a Teddy Sheringham-esque type forward. Amazing the number of people on here who like him given that 1-2 years ago most people were slating him

Always said on this site that is could see him making it as a Teddy Sheringham-esque type forward. Amazing the number of people on here who like him given that 1-2 years ago most people were slating him
I'm still not convinced by him. He seems a little jack of all trades at the moment and not a master of any. He is ok in the air, decent awareness, good passer, ok finisher and average speed.

I would be happy if he could be like teddy but for that he needs a lot more composure. And to be a very good finisher and much better in the air.

But I'm happy to see him in the 3rd striker role. And then see if he progresses even more.

I'm still not convinced by him. He seems a little jack of all trades at the moment and not a master of any. He is ok in the air, decent awareness, good passer, ok finisher and average speed.

Fortunately he is just 21 so maybe a little more coaching will do the job. Sturridge is 24 and he went through an amazing improvement over the last 2 seasons. i remember when he it was obvious he was going to leave Chelsea so many people on here labelled him a poor man's Defoe, they just did not rate him. Methinks the story is a little different now.

Maybe after a year or two under Poch we will really be able to tell if will make it at Spurs

The thing is though, having him dropping off and allowing other players to run into the space he's left is a good thing, especially if he's able to pick out more passes like today.

Harry can no way be compared to my all time favourite Spurs player!! I'd love him to but no signs yet IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: Harry Kane was thrilled to play a part in Eric Dier’s dream Premier League debut and secure an opening-day victory over London rivals West Ham on Saturday.

The pair have come through England’s youth squads together, becoming firm friends before Dier arrived at White Hart Lane this summer – and it was Kane who set up the 20-year-old defender’s dramatic winner at Upton Park.

Kane came off the bench in the 83rd minute and unlocked the Hammers’ defence in injury-time, playing a neat through ball to Dier, who rounded Irons goalkeeper Adrian and finished calmly to become an instant Spurs hero.

“To pass it through to him - a good mate who I’ve known for a while now - and see him get the winner on his debut, I’m over the moon for him, and over the moon for the team as well,” said Kane.

“He’s a great player, a great professional and I get on well with him. It’s great for him to score against West Ham on his debut, to get the winner in the 91st minute. It doesn’t get much better for him.

“He wouldn’t have dreamt of a start as good as that. He got the clean sheet and to score the winner, for a defender, it’s unusual on the debut – but I’m sure he’ll take it.

“I doubt he slept on Saturday and he would have been watching Match of the Day for sure. I’m really happy for him, he deserves it, and I’m very happy with the way the lads played.”

Tottenham lost all three of their clashes with West Ham last season, including their trip to Upton Park in May, when Younes Kaboul was sent off in the 25th minute en route to a 2-0 defeat.

It seemed that history was going to repeat itself on Saturday as Kyle Naughton was dismissed for handball in the 29th minute, conceding a penalty in the process.

However, Mark Noble missed the ensuing spot-kick and the Irons were reduced to 10 men themselves in the second period, with James Collins getting a second booking – and Dier grabbed three points for the visitors at the death.

“It’s a great win away from home,” said Kane. “Going down to 10 men and conceding a penalty, it didn’t look too bright.

“It looked like it was going to happen all over again, but credit to the lads - they dug in, they hung in there. The game isn’t over until the final whistle and obviously we got the goal right at the death.”

Kane’s central role in Spurs’ triumph capped a memorable few days after he put pen to paper on a new five-year contract on Thursday.

The 21-year-old has impressed in Tottenham’s warm-up games, playing up front and as a No10, and he is expecting to operate in both roles under Mauricio Pochettino this campaign.

“It’s great to sign the new deal and secure my future at the club,” he said. “Hopefully I’ll see some games and get some goals and we’ll push on in the league and do as well as we can.

“I’ve been playing in pre-season, I’ve been playing as a No9 and just behind the No9 as well.

“He [Pochettino] sees me as a bit of both, he likes me in both positions so I’m happy to play in either of them. It was good to get on the pitch [against West Ham] and get an assist and show the manager what I can do.”

Kane may well be named in Spurs’ starting line-up against AEL Limassol in the Thursday’s Europa League play-off tie in Cyprus. And, having scored twice in pre-season, he is keen to add a competitive goal as quickly as possible.

“We know it’s going to be a tough game - any game away in Europe is going to be tough,” he said. “We’ll enjoy this [win over West Ham] but get ready for the game on Thursday now.

“It’s another important game because we want to qualify for the group stage. We’re looking forward to it, hopefully I’ll get some minutes and go from there.

“Any striker wants to be scoring, no matter what game it is - whether it’s a friendly in pre-season or the league. And, if I do get the chance on Thursday, I’ll be looking to get off the mark as early as possible, as any striker would.”

great assist from Kane on Sat......we dont have many players that can play defence slitting passes like that, was lovely to see=D>

Harry can no way be compared to my all time favourite Spurs player!! I'd love him to but no signs yet IMO.

Agreed.

I like Kane and am delighted he is getting a chance, and fair play to Sherwood for helping him on his way forward.

But Sheringham was absolute class, and while I can see why people make comparisons, it's not fair on Kane. It's like when Huddlestone used to get compared to Hoddle, I mean please, again Tom's a good player, but Hoddle was a genius.

I'd love nothing more than for him to become our next Ledley. English superstar - Tottenham man for life. Not sure he'll ever reach the level of ability that Ledders had but we can all hope.

Back