• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The more I think about our strikers the more and more I am coming round to the fact I would like the club to lead the line with Harry Kane as #1. (Is this the first signs of madness creeping in?)

I think that would be a massive gamble. And I'm also not quite sure it would be entirely fair to young Harry Kane to put that kind of pressure on him.

I think that would be a massive gamble. And I'm also not quite sure it would be entirely fair to young Harry Kane to put that kind of pressure on him.

Rooney and Owen 17. I think young people thrive under pressure in sports, its the seasoned players that struggle.

Rooney and Owen 17. I think young people thrive under pressure in sports, its the seasoned players that struggle.

Kane's not that gifted, Rooner/Owen were obviously a step above, Kane has promise, but very little indicates he will be a superstar. For me, a Ricky Lambert type career would be an aspiration for Kane.

It would be madness to have Kane be our #1 this season coming, if he played a bit more and got 10 goals or so this season, you might begin to think about it for next.

Kane's not that gifted, Rooner/Owen were obviously a step above, Kane has promise, but very little indicates he will be a superstar. For me, a Ricky Lambert type career would be an aspiration for Kane.

It would be madness to have Kane be our #1 this season coming, if he played a bit more and got 10 goals or so this season, you might begin to think about it for next.

Have to agree with this. The pressure on him to do well would be absolutely massive.

I'm not sure how those two exceptional talents makes the difference here, unless you're somehow arguing that Harry Kane belongs in the same category.

I actually agree to some extent at least with what Sherwood said about Bentaleb on this. Expecting young players to play week in week out and deal with that pressure isn't always good for their development.

Tuesday, 20th May, 2014

Harry Kane suffered an ankle injury in the England Under-21 game against Wales on Monday and as a result will miss out on the trip to Toulon with the Three Lions Under-21 team.

The 20-year-old replaced Tom Ince in the 79th minute at the Liberty Stadium, but suffered an ankle sprain, which will keep him out of the Under-21 assignment at Toulon.

England Under-21 manager Gareth Southgate was a disappointed with Kane’s injury and said the Tottenham striker was crucial to his plan for the impending Under-21 assignment.

Kane had an impressive season at White Hart Lane and scored some important goals for Spurs towards the end of the season.

"It’s a real shame because Harry has been extremely patient for his chance and I was looking forward giving him some of the prestigious games in Toulon", Southgate told the FA.

"He’s warranted that opportunity and has had a super finish to the season with Tottenham so it’s disappointing for us and for him."

:(

England Under-21 registered a comfortable 3-1 win against Wales Under-21 to consolidate their position at the top of Group 1 of the 2015 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification round.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/05...er-21-injury-blow/141375/#KHv3hJF7vbKK4UOf.99

Most obvious Lennon replacement around!:-"

I've seen nothing of Nathan Redmond but if he has pace he is already of equal ability to Lennon. If he has a cross, which occasionally finds its target, then he has already far surpassed Aaron Lennon and is certainly a ready made replacement.

I've seen nothing of Nathan Redmond but if he has pace he is already of equal ability to Lennon. If he has a cross, which occasionally finds its target, then he has already far surpassed Aaron Lennon and is certainly a ready made replacement.

I really like Redmond. Quick, great touch, gets his head up and strikes the ball well. Reminds me more of Sterling than Lenton. Mainly because of how direct he is.

@mixedknuts: I usually want bigger sample sizes, but with younger players you kind of take what you can get. Here's Harry Kane, 20 pic.twitter.com/SiK3coyRR5
BovnzJkCYAAzzQN.png

What are some typical shots per 90 minutes stats for strikers?

Seeing as this just popped by on my twitter timeline:

David Villa: Of the 42 players with 100+ shots in La Liga in the last 2 seasons, Villa had the best shot accuracy (49.2%)

He averaged 2.1 shots per game.

For players whose total number of appearances is greater than the average number of appearances in Premier League:

Suarez 5.5
Aguero 3.7
Rooney 3.5
Remy 3.5
Sturridge 3.4
Paulinho 2.4

@mixedknuts: I usually want bigger sample sizes, but with younger players you kind of take what you can get. Here's Harry Kane, 20 pic.twitter.com/SiK3coyRR5
BovnzJkCYAAzzQN.png

:D

To be fair, this is quite noticeable in games. When receiving the ball near or in the area, he usually takes one touch to get the ball ahead of him and then whallops it in the general direction of the goal. Personally, I think he offers a great deal of variation when compared to Soldado and Ade, and is worth keeping for that reason alone. Also, he'll get better: he's only 20, after all.

Didn't Poch try to take Kane on loan to the Saints in the Jan window?

Back