• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Doing well and has good movement. Rather see him go to wc as 4th choice then someone like Carroll.

Kane has always been a good finisher, the question was whether he could mentally step up to the highest level. Slowly but surely i think he is showing he can make the transition

All the reports from the youth setup had me believing this lad was a great finisher but every time he was in our first team (europa league the last few years) he would fluff up some very easy chances. Hopefully it is just a confidence thing and we will see him knocking a few more in before the end of the season. We could do with having a few more home grown players in the ranks.

He's crap we should sign Henrique Cana from Internacionale Fray Bentos. I've never seen him but it doesn't stop me bigging up some South American player nobody has heard of.

He's crap we should sign Henrique Cana from Internacionale Fray Bentos. I've never seen him but it doesn't stop me bigging up some South American player nobody has heard of.

Isn't that a tired old argument though? English youngsters are just as overhyped as their foreign counterparts - just look at tge transfer fees!

Kane is still a bit "lumbering" but he clearly has some talent and is on a good streak of goals.
His lack of pace is a big drawback; if a defender knows an attacker is slow he doesn't need to worry about being caught out and can go and press much tighter.
This is OK at home when we are pinning a team in, but is not good if we are away at OT and want a lone front man etc.

I wonder if he can work on his sprinting speed this summer; top athlete sprinters train every day on this so I'm sure it is something he can work on, the power and spring in his stride.

He has just about enough skill, brain, goalscoring etc. but he does seem to lumber around and take a fraction of a second too long over everything.

Kane is still a bit "lumbering" but he clearly has some talent and is on a good streak of goals.
His lack of pace is a big drawback; if a defender knows an attacker is slow he doesn't need to worry about being caught out and can go and press much tighter.
This is OK at home when we are pinning a team in, but is not good if we are away at OT and want a lone front man etc.

I wonder if he can work on his sprinting speed this summer; top athlete sprinters train every day on this so I'm sure it is something he can work on, the power and spring in his stride.

He has just about enough skill, brain, goalscoring etc. but he does seem to lumber around and take a fraction of a second too long over everything.

I wonder how much of this is just the impression we get of him because of his body shape. He's still only 20 and at 6'2" I would expect him to bulk up a bit over the next couple of years.

Do you think he's slower/more lumbering than players like Dzeko, Negredo and arguably Berbatov (and the classic Sheringham comparison of course)?

It's rare to see players gain significant pace from that age. I'm sure it's possible to get a bit quicker, but enough to make a real difference? Not really common.

I think he'll have more luck getting stronger, improving his balance and becoming a player that can be a proper target man in addition to having his skills on the ball, intelligence etc.

With the skill he does have he's still capable of beating a man, or at least creating enough space to get a shot off I think. Often that's enough.

Do you think he's slower/more lumbering than players like Dzeko, Negredo and arguably Berbatov (and the classic Sheringham comparison of course)?

Yeah just a bit slower. I think it is genuine, although it might be perception because of him always having his mouth open like a zombie Phil Neville.

For me he looks a bit Norwich, a bit Villa, not really going to get to the top, but long may his goalscoring continue.

There is a LOT to be said for just making 6 yard runs all game and knocking 1 or 2 goals in per game, that is a knack we could do with!

Yeah just a bit slower. I think it is genuine, although it might be perception because of him always having his mouth open like a zombie Phil Neville.

For me he looks a bit Norwich, a bit Villa, not really going to get to the top, but long may his goalscoring continue.

There is a LOT to be said for just making 6 yard runs all game and knocking 1 or 2 goals in per game, that is a knack we could do with!

I'm actually not sure about Kane and his "lack of pace" I certainly thought he was slow previously, he did show a couple of runs against West Brom that surprised me in terms of his speed, especially after he scored. I think he's "tight" still not relaxed and not allowing the best of him to come out (Soldado is the same now, btw)

He needs a good run in a PL side, interesting to see what view the club takes, do we keep him next season and give him cup and sub appearances or loan him out to play every game?

If the brain is good enough, average pace can well be outweighed by good positioning and timing.

His two headers, although not great defending, have shown his ability to get into space to get something on goal.

The Fulham header was excellent, just got ahead of the defender to get a really difficult header in. Really odd angle to get the flick.

I'm actually not sure about Kane and his "lack of pace" I certainly thought he was slow previously, he did show a couple of runs against West Brom that surprised me in terms of his speed, especially after he scored. I think he's "tight" still not relaxed and not allowing the best of him to come out (Soldado is the same now, btw)

He needs a good run in a PL side, interesting to see what view the club takes, do we keep him next season and give him cup and sub appearances or loan him out to play every game?

Hope we keep him and if he's performing play him. Let him play and develop. And make soldado take any chance he gets.

Could get the best out of the players

Someone should be able to come up with a chant along the lines of Hurricane by Bob Dylan. It even ends in "something something champion of the world". It practically writes itself.

Someone should be able to come up with a chant along the lines of Hurricane by Bob Dylan. It even ends in "something something champion of the world". It practically writes itself.

And now I just find out Hurricane Carter has died. Mind blown.

I know it's going to sound a bit mad, but I was thinking there's another player you can compare Kane to, even if it doesn't seem obvious at first: Peter Crouch.

Remember at this age Teddy Sheringham was still playing for Millwall, you would have probably said simply not good enough for Spurs

Clive Allen spoke very highly of him on 5 live during the game the othere day.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Back