• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Muscle Memory is a huge thing in football.

When I used to play, most days training were built around plyometrics, core work and repetition. Very few footballers hit heavy weights and is it will generally impede your football 'strength' and also reduce your flexibly and running. Most footballers have big legs, huge bums and are generally pretty slender upper body - they will have muscle but very few are 'hence'.

Drills such as passing and pushing of cones and the finishing drills in the video are all repetition. obviously the more repetition you do, the more accomplished you are at it - but the movement and shuttle work is all designed to improve core stability and build the small, muscles in your hip, leg which means that technically you are strong when it comes to having to repeat this. A lot of conditioning work is based around pilates style work and the whole focus of this is to give people strength in games, power to push off in certain positions and situations and everything is geared towards match day.

Obviously I am not a prem footballer so I am not as informed, but its pretty much all the same IMO.

Muscle Memory is a huge thing in football.

When I used to play, most days training were built around plyometrics, core work and repetition. Very few footballers hit heavy weights and is it will generally impede your football 'strength' and also reduce your flexibly and running. Most footballers have big legs, huge bums and are generally pretty slender upper body - they will have muscle but very few are 'hence'.

Drills such as passing and pushing of cones and the finishing drills in the video are all repetition. obviously the more repetition you do, the more accomplished you are at it - but the movement and shuttle work is all designed to improve core stability and build the small, muscles in your hip, leg which means that technically you are strong when it comes to having to repeat this. A lot of conditioning work is based around pilates style work and the whole focus of this is to give people strength in games, power to push off in certain positions and situations and everything is geared towards match day.

Obviously I am not a prem footballer so I am not as informed, but its pretty much all the same IMO.
I'm pretty sure that none of what you have described is muscle memory (or what its adherents call that).

Everything you've described sounds very logical for sports training and will build the muscles required to play football well along with shifting a lot of the "drill" type stuff into the subconscious of the brain or instinct.

I'm pretty sure that when people use the term "muscle memory" they're describing some kind of magic that happens on top of this. If not, then they're just trying to sound clever by coming up with a new name for something everyone already knows about. Hell, the military have been using it for centuries.

I'm not trying to sound clever; that is the name for it. Muscle memory. Like when you learn to drive.

Motor skills become natural and unconscious so in the key moment you bang the ball into the net rather than scuffing it wide.

I'm not trying to sound clever; that is the name for it. Muscle memory. Like when you learn to drive.

Motor skills become natural and unconscious so in the key moment you bang the ball into the net rather than scuffing it wide.
Absolutely agree with all of that. That wasn't aimed at you, but there are plenty who seem to be trying to make it sound like more than it is.

They trying again, are they? Bless their little red socks.

Pick up Old Trafford, physically transport it (via a hundred helicopters with winches or something) to an empty spot in the London area (Richmond Park, perhaps), let us play our home games there for the season in between WHL and the new stadium, and then blow it up and build another one afterward, 'Theatre of Dreams' be damned, while allowing us to flog all the memorabilia in the stadium to teary-eyed United fans on EBay. That's the only bid I can think of that would get me interested, given that I've already spelled out how priceless the lad is.

Good for them, though I'm sure we told them to go fudge themselves. If they want an Englishman to lead their frontline for the next decade then they can develop some of their own youth players.

Sky sources break a story then 2 days later sky sources deny any bid has been made.

I personally wait until its on the OS before i take anything seriously.

This one is nice and simple....

Kane needs to stay at spurs, unlike last season he will be the main man from the off! He needs to have a burning desire to prove to everyone that last season was not a flash in the pan.

As far as I am concerned he is our standard bearer.....40m is peanuts compared to what he is worth to the club and its fans.

If we were to even contemplate listening to what United have to say regarding selling him we may as well all pack up and go home such would be our lack of ambition.

so to Man utd or any journalist having ideas above their station or just having a slow news day......go and do one!

Levy only sells our best players when they absolutely insist, and even this isnt always enough as Modric found out. Harry has said he is happy and will be with us next season so Utd can do all they like but Harry will not be moving there this summer. Next

To be honest, all this supposed interest merely feels like a stalking horse tactic from United: they aren't going to pay the 65 million + that Levy will likely demand for Kane, and Levy probably wouldn't let him leave for anything short of that. Both sides know it. United are just making their interest known: if Harry has a good season next year, they'll be back with a more concrete offer, and we'll have to swat that one away as well while also trying our damned hardest to keep Harry's head turned towards us and away from those muggy c*nts. Same for 2016/2017, and on, and on: dependent on the lad's form, they'll keep intensifying their interest until we give in, as we won't pay Harry the wages they'll be able to offer him, and he won't win much at an austere, eternally profitable club like ours. And if Harry dips next season (as I suspect he will), they'll just move on to whatever player of ours catches their fancy, while retaining this 'interest' in Kane for future usage should he revive his goalscoring form.

United have long aspired to be the Bayern of the PL, soaking up the best domestic and foreign talent in the league and making sure that all young English players see them as the prime destination, footballing-wise, right from the time they start out. Thankfully, they've never managed to achieve that ambition, being foiled by a combination of England's unusually strong regionalism, Levy selling overseas rather than to them post-Berba (Modric, Bale), the equitable nature of PL TV and ownership rights and those same foreign moneybucks owners that so many here despise for utterly stupid, self-defeating reasons. But wanting Kane fits into that aspiration extremely well, and I have no doubt that this interest, although a bit over-the-top and unbelievable this season....I have no doubt that this interest is real. It's in keeping with their grandiose ambitions and insufferably muggy delusions.

So when does he return to training? My guess he has at least another 2 weeks off, maybe 3. With us playing Man Utd in a month's time our options up front are rather thin at the moment. Lets hope Levy has something planned, the sooner we get a new striker in the better

So when does he return to training? My guess he has at least another 2 weeks off, maybe 3. With us playing Man Utd in a month's time our options up front are rather thin at the moment. Lets hope Levy has something planned, the sooner we get a new striker in the better
I have a feeling Kane will be on the bench on the opening day with a new striker starting. As you say, it could be another three weeks before he's back from his break; though I guess he's such a talismanic player for us right now that Pochettino might be willing to give him an immediate start (obviously after assessing his fitness and condition closer to the time).

I smell a last minute.com Levy Deal

They trying again, are they? Bless their little red socks.

Pick up Old Trafford, physically transport it (via a hundred helicopters with winches or something) to an empty spot in the London area (Richmond Park, perhaps), let us play our home games there for the season in between WHL and the new stadium, and then blow it up and build another one afterward, 'Theatre of Dreams' be damned, while allowing us to flog all the memorabilia in the stadium to teary-eyed United fans on EBay. That's the only bid I can think of that would get me interested, given that I've already spelled out how priceless the lad is.
Er...black mostly or sometimes white. But leaving that massively embarrassing mistake by you aside, Utd can fudge off with the whole Harry Kane thing.

Last edited:
Back