• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The type of signings you are talking about are in their very nature risky, otherwise the bigger clubs would not have passed them over, so we can't bank on these signings succeeding with any form of regularity

the smarter our recruitment system is than the bigger clubs the less risk there is, we have to capitalise on their mistakes, as hard as that is its still easier than trying to compete with wage spend on established players

Of course we should be trying to do that, im massively in favor of that approach - but in it's nature it's unpredictable and we can't just go out and pick up an overlooked striker to replace Kane andbank on them being a success as it doesn't work like that, the right player is available at the right time - there aren't scores of un polished diamonds waiting to be plucked from obscurity whenever we require one to fill a void

I think there are if you know what to look for, Kane was an unpolished diamond 12 months ago. It doesn't have to be a kid from nowhere it could be a player who just hasn't achieved yet due to mismanagement.

Not that this should be reactionary, ideally the next player for position x would already be on the books before the current player has established himself.

“I am happy at Spurs and I look forward to the future with Spurs. I have seen there is interest but that’s all I know. It is flattering for other clubs to maybe be interested.”

“Tottenham are one of the big clubs. That is the way people have to see it. I am at a big club.”

“I am happy at Spurs and I look forward to the future with Spurs. I have seen there is interest but that’s all I know. It is flattering for other clubs to maybe be interested.”

“Tottenham are one of the big clubs. That is the way people have to see it. I am at a big club.”

The media will probably still go on about it anyway till the window closes. Hopefully Kane can help us overtake them.

I believe he will stay but I pay little attention to what footballers say when it comes to their futures.

I believe he will stay but I pay little attention to what footballers say when it comes to their futures.

normally I pay zero attention to what they say but Kane is very level headed and is a local lad unlike 95% of the other mercenaries but if he leaves, it won't be his decision anyway, it'll be because a Champions League club would have made Levy an offer he couldn't refuse.

Has anybody seen this?

The difference in class/technique between Kane and Ings.....

Ings was garbage in the U21 competition, really showed nothing, bullet dodged there in my opinion.

Team as a whole struggled, but it was clear that when Kane got the ball he was the danger to the opposition

Funny when you see them all finishing so well like that in training yet on the pitch in a match with the pressure on it can be so poor.
Like the effort Ings had in the U21s which he skewed wide

Surely that drill is to make control and shoot on target a natural action, just like passing is.

Kane this ability when shooting from 14-20 yards to make the ball hit the surface a yard or three in front of the keeper. Makes it a lot harder to save as part of the keepers movement has to become last minute and they cannot guarantee how it will bounce

Funny when you see them all finishing so well like that in training yet on the pitch in a match with the pressure on it can be so poor.
Like the effort Ings had in the U21s which he skewed wide
Pretty much any pro can hit wonder goals in training. I've seen Dawson smash a few when the pressure's off - it's doing it under pressure that separates the good from the great.

How many goals have we seen where a perfect pass is played back to edge of the box where the forward had acres of space, the time to take a touch, pick his spot and smash it past a keeper who has stayed on his line?
NONE. Absolutely pointless drill. I could look good doing that.

Shooting drills are all about muscle memory.
Exactly. These kinds of drill are not designed to replicate the conditions of an actual match, they are designed to develop physical technique and muscle memory. It's like saying that swimming laps is pointless for a footballer because they don't actually have to swim during a match; it ignores the other benefits of the exercise (or drill).

Back