• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If Utd came in with 50mil i would take it, would it send out a bad message that we are a selling club, well we are.
50mil for a player who was 3rd choice at the beginning of last season and some wanted to be 4th is silly money.

I actually dont think this is a fluke and he could go on to be a very good striker 15+ for 10yrs, however 50mil is a huge amount of money at this stage of both our and his development. I would pat him on the back point to the stadium, thank him for paying off 1/10th of it and put in a buy back clause.

However i would only do the above if we already had another striker in mind like Benteke or Llorente for 25mil

Are you aware that it is over 20 years since we had a player score 30 goals for us in a season? Considering all the money we have spent on strikers since then I am stunned you would sell him? But if you are happy for us to be a selling club then I guess it does not matter. It is not like top strikers are queuing up to come here

Carrick was not going to sign a new contract

Berbativ effectively went on strike

Modric basically forced a move out of the club as did Bale

Kane has made it clear he his happy at Spurs, at least for now anyway, so this summer I have no worries about him being poached, and if Utd did come looking I would tell them, politely of course, where to go

Carrick was not going to sign a new contract

Berbativ effectively went on strike

Modric basically forced a move out of the club as did Bale

Kane has made it clear he his happy at Spurs, at least for now anyway, so this summer I have no worries about him being poached, and if Utd did come looking I would tell them, politely of course, where to go

Spot on.

This. They've already had Sheringham, Berbatov & Carrick..now they can fudge off
Too right. And let's not forget we finished 6 points behind them last season. That's the gap we're trying to close, the difference between Champions League and Europa League football. They are the last team I'd sell our best player to. It's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm still sceptical of LVG. He'll probably go and prove me wrong, but I think they'll struggle next season... so they are there for the (over)taking. Realistically speaking, giving them Kane reduces the chance of that happening.

Too right. And let's not forget we finished 6 points behind them last season. That's the gap we're trying to close, the difference between Champions League and Europa League football. They are the last team I'd sell our best player to. It's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm still sceptical of LVG. He'll probably go and prove me wrong, but I think they'll struggle next season... so they are there for the (over)taking. Realistically speaking, giving them Kane reduces the chance of that happening.
Exactly. I will be disgusted if either Lloris or Kane (or both :eek:) end up there. The gap will never be bridged if we constantly strengthen them and weaken ourselves in the process. If a player wants out of Spurs, fine, but let them know it won't be to any of our competitors. Thankfully I think Levy may have realised this approach is counter productive. Better late than never.

Also, after losing Berbatov and Carrick, Levy to his credit has adopted a policy of not selling our best players to our rivals. Hence Modric and Bale went to Madrid and we rejected 2 bids from Chelsea of over £30m, while Utd were rumoured to have offered more than than Madrid 2 years ago. So if in the future we did lose Kane it should be to a top continental side and not Utd

If Utd came in with 50mil i would take it, would it send out a bad message that we are a selling club, well we are.
50mil for a player who was 3rd choice at the beginning of last season and some wanted to be 4th is silly money.

I actually dont think this is a fluke and he could go on to be a very good striker 15+ for 10yrs, however 50mil is a huge amount of money at this stage of both our and his development. I would pat him on the back point to the stadium, thank him for paying off 1/10th of it and put in a buy back clause.

However i would only do the above if we already had another striker in mind like Benteke or Llorente for 25mil

And if Benteke got injured who would we be left with?

We were lucky last season because Kane did not get injured, we are Spurs and eventually he will get injured or get knackered out and then what

Are you aware that it is over 20 years since we had a player score 30 goals for us in a season? Considering all the money we have spent on strikers since then I am stunned you would sell him? But if you are happy for us to be a selling club then I guess it does not matter. It is not like top strikers are queuing up to come here

I would sell him as i think 50mil is well over the odds for what he is worth, I dont think he will ever be a 70mil player. I understand the reluctance to sell to a rival which i fully support however if somebody had bid 50mil for Kane 12 months ago then there would have been 50,000 spurs offering a lift.

I dont want him to go, however everyone has their price and for me 50mil for Kane is that price, and in terms of a replacement i was working on the basis the others would be replaced, and therefore we would be back to having 3 not 1 striker.

I don't believe it's any coincidence whatsoever they are talking about the two players in Kane and Lloris who, between them, probably earned us the majority of the points that lifted us out of midtable and into 5th place just behind them. I think it likelier than not that Kane's goalscoring will suffer a regression next season, and probably so do Utd's analysts. On the other hand, he and Lloris are birds in the hand, settled players, and I don't think it's too much of a gamble, especially given our recent track record in the transfer market, that we will go backwards if we lose one or both of them; even more so if Pochettino has to rejig his plans right at the end of the transfer period. Like Liverpool when they poached Keane, and Chelsea with half the players they buy, Utd are seeking as much to deprive a rival as to strengthen themselves. All the more so because we are right on their coat-tails. Expect the pressure to grow towards the end of the window, when it would cause maximum damage, but If I were Levy, I wouldn't budge an inch on either player.

I see Kane is in the new FIFA game trailer a couple of times. Chuffed for the lad.
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/game...uring-messi-ronaldo-kane-and-pele-video.html?

Kane being a star, Ronaldo scoring with his head, Messi dominating, and Diego Costa being a c u nt . Nothing get past FIFA creators

There's a vote going on for who to be on the cover of the game, all should vote for Kane http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/help-put-harry-on-the-cover-of-fifa-16-160615/

The converse of this is exactly why Man Utd should be thinking about trying to unsettle us first & foremost and taking any of our players that would improve them and consolidate their position above us.

I would sell him as i think 50mil is well over the odds for what he is worth, I dont think he will ever be a 70mil player. I understand the reluctance to sell to a rival which i fully support however if somebody had bid 50mil for Kane 12 months ago then there would have been 50,000 spurs offering a lift.

I dont want him to go, however everyone has their price and for me 50mil for Kane is that price, and in terms of a replacement i was working on the basis the others would be replaced, and therefore we would be back to having 3 not 1 striker.
Bale probably wasn't worth the £86 million that Real Madrid paid for him either.... but that still didn't mean we benefitted out of selling him.

If you think about the players we have sold against our wishes over the past several years and who we have replaced them with you soon see that there is no real 'value' in selling a player even if receiving an offer of more than the player's perceived value.

Carrick - sold for £18 million.... replaced by Didier Zokora for about £10 million.
Keane - sold for £18 million.... replaced by Roman Pavyluchenko for about £14 million.
Berbatov - sold for £30 million.... replaced by Frazier Campbell on loan
Modric - sold for £32 million.... replaced by Dembele for £15 million
Bale - sold for £86 million.... replaced by Erik Lamela for £26 million)

Now just imagine if we'd managed to keep those first four players and had them all playing together at the same time.... We could well have challenged for the title.

Last edited:
I think LVG is after a forward line of Rooney, Kane and Bale , with Lloris in goal too and that would be to much for me ! :eek:
I used to have some respect for them, with their class of 92, bringing on young talent through the ranks and mixing it up with astute signings, but now it's all about spending big to keep up with Emirates Marketing Project and Chavs.

Falcao , RVP and Rooney earning a million a week between them, disgusts me. Yet, it wasn't so long ago their fans were wearing green and yellow in some sort of protest directed at their American owner's policy of keeping a tight rein on the purse strings, whilst their noisy neighbours were busy flashing the cash.

Like the Arse , Chavs , Emirates Marketing Project, Pool - Manure is a clamish club . I hate them all . :D

Absolutely! If Kane decides to force a move then everything changes. But I really don't see it happening - whereas with Bale I was disappointed but hardly shocked at his actions and attitude... with Kane I'd be genuinely surprised. But right now, the situation is very different and I wouldn't sell Kane to United for £50m. But that's just me.

After the U21 tournament HK sits down with his agent, sees he can triple his wage and feels he owes it to his family to ask Levy for the move .

This is the modern game, it could happen. I'm prepared for the unthinkable, although I think he will stay with us for the next season or two at least.

All those replacements listed above are pathetic! They're hardly fit to call themselves replacements. No wonder we've struggled of late.

Back