• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

There are reasons that will take this thread down a rabbit hole
Bit in football terms the EPL is the league most players want to join
And secondly… it’s the language of Europe and the western world
Mainly because of America but also because it’s been adopted by most countries as that second language
I work in 44 countries for a danish company and offices language is English
It works
Why learn Italian when it’s spoke in one country
Why learn danish when it’s spoken in one country
Polish… same
Dutch… same

but back in track it’s gonna help him settle in massively here which is a huge thing for any new player
Dutch; spoken in the Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname, Curaçao, St. Marten, the Dutch Antilles.
Italian; Spoken in Italy, San Marino, Vatican state, Switzerland and official language in large parts of Croatia and Slovenia.

Learning the language of the country you live in should be the minimum requirement for everyone. It's disrespectful not to!

Dutch; spoken in the Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname, Curaçao, St. Marten, the Dutch Antilles.
Italian; Spoken in Italy, San Marino, Vatican state, Switzerland and official language in large parts of Croatia and Slovenia.

Learning the language of the country you live in should be the minimum requirement for everyone. It's disrespectful not to!
Hey I agree
Those wonderful places you mention would too. The Dutch Antilles with 26000 people would too
Although I’m confident then speak English
But I work across 44 countries and the language is English
American English, but English

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Impressive home debut yesterday. Made some excellent stops including one tip over the bar from point blank range. Might have done better for their headed goal into the far corner.

Impressive home debut yesterday. Made some excellent stops including one tip over the bar from point blank range. Might have done better for their headed goal into the far corner.

I think there's some rule that keepers can not come off their line to catch crosses, so many just want to punch the ball, I don't buy into this theory that the modern ball reacts differently from crosses, it might when driven at goal but not from centres.

Serious question, I have only seen highlights, of matches, this pre season. From what I have seen of Vicario, I am not sure we have improved on our goal keeper situation. What do you guys think?

Serious question, I have only seen highlights, of matches, this pre season. From what I have seen of Vicario, I am not sure we have improved on our goal keeper situation. What do you guys think?

I’m usually a ‘give them time’ type of guy but my first instinct upon singing him without having seen him play - based entirely on his career history - was that he would likely not be up to standard.

Now I’m of the opinion that he is not fit for even the bottom end of Premier League.

He’s not a kid. He’s not 19. He’s 26.

I so hope he’s an understudy and not our first choice. But considering we spent £17.2m on him I can’t see him being a second. Which is quite frightening.

Maybe he’ll surprise us all. But imagine if his performances carry on what kind of an atmosphere it’s gonna be for him come October.

To be honest he seems like a calamity. The abuse will be relentless and he’ll have to go and face a crowd who have him in their sights. Every miss kick, every mishap - they’ll be waiting for it. If he can’t hack a couple preseason games how’s he gonna deal with handling an entire south stand breathing down his neck?

Last edited:
I’m usually a ‘give them time’ type of guy but my first instinct upon singing him without having seen him play - based entirely on his career history - was that he would likely not be up to standard.

Now I’m of the opinion that he is not fit for even the bottom end of Premier League.

He’s not a kid. He’s not 19. He’s 26.

I so hope he’s an understudy and not our first choice. But considering we spent £17.2m on him I can’t see him being a second. Which is quite frightening.

Maybe he’ll surprise us all. But imagine if his performances carry on what kind of an atmosphere it’s gonna be for him come October.

To be honest he seems like a calamity. The abuse will be relentless and he’ll have to go and face a crowd who have him in their sights. Every miss kick, every mishap - they’ll be waiting for it. If he can’t hack a couple preseason games how’s he gonna deal with handling an entire south stand breathing down his neck?

He's been here 5 minutes. Give him a fudging chance.

He's been here 5 minutes. Give him a fudging chance.

I give every player a chance! I give players plenty of time. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a player and felt confident from the off that they are not good enough and never will be.

I’m not the type to shout abuse from the stands so you don’t have to worry about that.

But in 3 months time when he’s being slated and hounded by 60,000 game after game following mistake after mistake I will remind you of what I said!

EDIT: Players need time to adapt. They always need time to adjust.

But goalkeeping is goalkeeping. It’s a universal skill. There’s no way to teach a 26 year old how to keep the ball out the net. They can be improved upon slightly through coaching but it’s perhaps the one position where you either have it or you don’t.

I don’t believe this guy has it. I’d have felt more confident with Hugo in goal.

I hope he proves me wrong completely but I cannot see a happy ending to this story.

Back