• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Is it?

You're saying that, on the one hand, players should show loyalty to a club even if that club proposes to slash their wages by 75% but, on the other, it's irrelevant whether or not fans show loyalty to players????

Players need to start showing loyalty to the club that pays their ridiculously over hyped wages. That's the bottom line. Fans, who earn fudge all compared to them, who pay top money to watch them play will show them loyalty but it is not the point. Whether fans show them loyalty is naff all to o with it the players need to crack on and show respect to the club and if that means playing at a reduced wage for an agreed time then so be it.

if Arsenal went under, we would be inundated with their plastic fans looking for a team to support.

imagine if Arsenal went under. All those ****s, we would have FINALLY won, the decisive battle, the ultimate decider.

Id bloody love that. I wouldnt miss the derby, every time we were supposed to play them it would be "whens the derby? Oh right, too brick to even have a team. North London is Ours".

I could honestly live with that until i died.

It's giving me goosebumps just thinking about it. NORTH LONDON IS OURS.

Shame it will never happen.

Imagine Inter without AC.
River Plate without Boca.
Real without Barca.

Alot less passion in the game

Players need to start showing loyalty to the club that pays their ridiculously over hyped wages. That's the bottom line. Fans, who earn fudge all compared to them, who pay top money to watch them play will show them loyalty but it is not the point. Whether fans show them loyalty is naff all to o with it the players need to crack on and show respect to the club and if that means playing at a reduced wage for an agreed time then so be it.

Whether or not player wages are "over hyped"......now that IS another discussion altogether.

In this case, the company that the Rangers players currently work for is proposing to break the contracts that they all agreed to in good faith. The players could earn up to four times as much plying their trade elsewhere.

I repeat: players are mercenaries, like anyone else in any other job. Sure, they might love their work. But they don't have to love the company that they work for. They don't owe it anything. Certainly not loyalty, since they know full well that, should circumstances dictate, that club would show them no loyalty.

Gers quartet 'agree wage cuts'

Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker have all reportedly agreed 75% wage cuts with Rangers' administrators.

Rangers players and administrators are closing in on a wage-reduction deal that would prevent significant redundancies.

It is understood that the quartet have both signed an agreement to accept 75% wage cuts.

The quartet were among about half a dozen players to have stalled on a deal late on Tuesday night but negotiations resumed on Thursday afternoon and agreement was reached late on Thursday night.

Like the rest of the squad, they had agreed in principle to the wage cuts but wanted guarantees that their sacrifices would ensure there would be no job losses among the entire workforce.

It is understood the four are now happy with assurances from administrators that there will be no forced redundancies.

Administrators are now understood to be pushing ahead with attempts to sign agreements with the whole squad.

Given many players had been happy with the deal several days ago, there is hope that process can be concluded today.

Naismith arrived for training on Friday morning and explained his position.

Naismith told Sky Sports News: "We just want to get the best for the club, everybody at the club's doing all they can to get a solution.

"There's a lot of Rangers fans in the squad and we just want to get it fixed.

"Everybody's trying to come to a good conclusion and get the best for the club.

"Everybody wants to succeed, there's a lot of innocent people here that just want to go on with their lives and get a job at the end of the day."

F#cking fair play to them

Its not as if they had a choice really.

It was either that, or nobody gets paid.

Well I think they did - I pdont think its a wage cut but more deffered. I cant imagine someone letting go of 75% of their wages.

I do think though that these players have put in some other clauses in contracts for example I could leave on a free at the end of the season or whatever.

Its not as if they had a choice really.

It was either that, or nobody gets paid.

Of course they had a choice. They have a contract, so instead of kicking up a fuss and talking about sueing etc, they agreed to be paid 1/4 of their wage to help others keep their jobs. Dont see how thats not fair play to them in any way.

Those that take paycuts are those that would like to have a future with the club. Probably not good enough for the Premier League, so it's either Rangers or a Championship club.

Of course they had a choice. They have a contract, so instead of kicking up a fuss and talking about sueing etc, they agreed to be paid 1/4 of their wage to help others keep their jobs. Dont see how thats not fair play to them in any way.
So their alternative choice was to kick up a fuss, make other rangers employees redundant, add themselves to the long long list of people that Rangers will never repay their debts too, alienate 70% of Glasgow in the process, and drag the club into liquidation.

or do what they did and reduce their wages by 75%?

I'm not criticising them, and fair play to them for making it easy for the club, but lets not pretend that they actually had a choice at all, that was my point.

Incidently, two of the squad memebrs agreed to have their contracts cancelled with no pay off at all required. Fair play to them I'd say.

you dont think its blackmail? If you dont agree to take a 75% paycut, you will kill Rangers and Scottish Football? they had a gun to their heads, no two ways about it.

Judge rules the ban 'unlawful', goes back to the SFA for appeal, the club still in administration and the ban not officially lifted.

Judge rules the ban 'unlawful', goes back to the SFA for appeal, the club still in administration and the ban not officially lifted.

A pyrrhic victory for Rangers. This will go the same way as the Sion case but with far worse ramifications for both Rangers and Scottish football in general.

HMRC will block the proposed Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) through which Rangers hoped to exit administration. It now looks likely that the company will go into liquidation and the club's assets will be sold to a new company. The other SPL clubs would then have to vote on whether the new Rangers should be admitted to the SPL and the new club would not be allowed entry to European competition for three years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18407309

Presumably nobody is going to buy Ibrox and bulldoze it or sell it to Partick Thistle.

So I think what will happen is that the current Rangers club will fold, a new one called something slightly different will be reformed and they'll do some kind of lease-back on their facilities. I can't imagine there's a more profitable thing to do with the stadium and training ground than leasing it back to the club. And there's no way the SPL clubs won't vote them back in - that would be suicidal insanity.

Humiliating for Rangers, and certainly 3 or 4 years of brickness for them, but I don't think it'll wind up being that seismic an event.

Presumably nobody is going to buy Ibrox and bulldoze it or sell it to Partick Thistle.

So I think what will happen is that the current Rangers club will fold, a new one called something slightly different will be reformed and they'll do some kind of lease-back on their facilities. I can't imagine there's a more profitable thing to do with the stadium and training ground than leasing it back to the club. And there's no way the SPL clubs won't vote them back in - that would be suicidal insanity.

Humiliating for Rangers, and certainly 3 or 4 years of brickness for them, but I don't think it'll wind up being that seismic an event.

How suicidal would it be? How much of their revenue is Rangers based (2 or 3 fixtures a season) vs the opportunity to possibly win something and a better chance of qualifying for Europe etc with 'Rangers' in Division 3 to start with?

Not sure of the finances of scottish football at all but the TV money is pish poor anyway, wouldn't be dramatically less with a Rangers-less SPL would it? And in terms of attendance maybe it would increase if the league was more competitive for places 2 to 12 (even if it made it more of a one horse race for the title)?

The need 7 of the 11 clubs to vote for them.

Why wouldn't 6 be enough?

I would have thought the other clubs would approve it but - from BBC Sport a couple of days ago - Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes Scottish Premier League clubs would not vote a Rangers 'newco' into the league as things stand.

Back