• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Why wouldn't 6 be enough?

I would have thought the other clubs would approve it but - from BBC Sport a couple of days ago - Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes Scottish Premier League clubs would not vote a Rangers 'newco' into the league as things stand.

Also Fans of the other SPL Clubs are putting pressure on their respective teams to not vote Rangers back into the SPL by threatening to boycott games as they want Rangers punished for basically cheating over the years.

Why wouldn't 6 be enough?

I would have thought the other clubs would approve it but - from BBC Sport a couple of days ago - Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes Scottish Premier League clubs would not vote a Rangers 'newco' into the league as things stand.

Makes far more sense in my mind for them not to vote Rangers back in. The other clubs have been trying to push for fairer sharing of the tv revenues, but Rangers and Celtic have been blocking them as a majority of 10-1 is required to push it through.

If Rangers are no longer in the SPL they should easily be able to push through major changes in the way the money is shared.

Apparently Rangers get a vote on whether or not to re-admit themselves to the SPL as a Newco according to BBC.

If they go straight back into the SPL it would be farcical. The implication for football would be that big clubs are too important to their domestic leagues to go bust so normal rules don't apply. FIFA and/or Uefa surely can't allow that.

Horrid club. And morally I hope they liquidate thm and start in the highland league again.

The tax evasion is disgusting.

So much for the 'oh but fooooooooooootball is diffffffffffffffffffferent' fudging nonsense.

Nah, run your company like a bag of brick and you should go to the wall like every other business.

Rangers are ****s. They've avaded paying their dues like proper little ****s. That gave them undue influence. fudge um.

If the other SPL member clubs have any balls, they'll stand firm and tell them to go and get fudged. Rangers don't give a fudge about Partick Thistle or Queen of the Scots; in it for themselves, yet who's the one with the begging bowl now?

Good on HMRC - shut that brickhole down =D>

There's been so much misinformation from the club, the administrators, and the media up to this point:

Rangers wont go into administration.
Rangers will be in admin for a couple of weeks and emerge stronger.
It's only a matter of time before the club is sold to one of the many wealthy investors interested.
A CVA is the most likely outcome.
The club will never be liquidated.

And now Charles Green giving a guarantee that Rangers will continue to play football at Ibrox next season. I don't see why he should be able to buy the clubs assets for ?ú5.5m when the stadium and training ground are valued at ?ú100m. If there is a true commercial decision made in the interests of the creditors then Green's deal hasn't got a hope in hell.

What creeps me out here is that it seems very unlikely that these kinds of tax loop-holes were sitting there on the books and Rangers were the only club who noticed it. Really?

Now, maybe these arrangements weren't a "loophole" at all - perhaps it was downright illegal to do it. In which case I guess they could be a lone rogue. But given the financial shenanigans that went on in the whole business world at the very time Mr. Murray was driving his club over a cliff, it seems somewhat likely they weren't the only ones pushing the envelope. And that's a slightly scary thought.

Newco Rangers will not get votes for SPL transfer

A newco Rangers will be refused admittance to the Scottish Premier League after Aberdeen became the fifth club to publicly oppose the move.

Inverness, Hibernian, Hearts and Dundee United have all said they will vote against newco Rangers' application.

Rangers require an 8-4 majority in the 4 July vote to transfer their share in the league to Charles Green's newco.

......(more)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

Now the SFA, under pressure from FIFA and no doubt TV companies, will probably propose a restructuring of the league system to allow Rangers entry at the second tier. That would require 75% of the SFL clubs to be in favour.

It's increasely unlikely there will be any football played at Ibrox next season. Far too much to be sorted before 4th August. Also no guarentees the SFL will accept them and they'd still have to bypass the 3 years of accounts rule to enter Scottish third division.

They should also use this as a way to even up tv rights etc.

I'm told currently for most changes you need an 11-1 majority so obviously the old firm collude to keep things as they are. Will be all change now I imagine.

It's increasely unlikely there will be any football played at Ibrox next season.

Not to get too hyperbolic about it, but if that happens it will be one of the landmark moments in the history of British football.

I still can't help asking myself how Rangers were the only club up to these shenanigans. I know Arse had some issue but that was ages ago, and it just seems weird that of the 100+ professional clubs in England, Scotland and Wales Rangers were the only ones at it.

They should also use this as a way to even up tv rights etc.

I'm told currently for most changes you need an 11-1 majority so obviously the old firm collude to keep things as they are. Will be all change now I imagine.

Yep. Hearts and Hibs will want more money or sure.

Not to get too hyperbolic about it, but if that happens it will be one of the landmark moments in the history of British football.

I still can't help asking myself how Rangers were the only club up to these shenanigans. I know Arse had some issue but that was ages ago, and it just seems weird that of the 100+ professional clubs in England, Scotland and Wales Rangers were the only ones at it.

I hope they get there's as well.

These fans enjoyed outspending every other club and winning titles. Now they pay the true price.

Oh my GHod. :ross:

fudge them i want to be in division 1 or 3 as long as its not the spl its way to fudging corrupt to be in at this moment

Well done Portsmouth, on not being in a league made up completely of brick****s and taigs.

Im delighted for them.......the f.a. Have helped them in their plight.....not up here the sfa and spl have twisted that knife into its most decorated club........only in Scotland eh! Shameful

From now on they'll be boycotting all away matches.

Really hope the other clubs, both in the SPL and SFL, see the long term advantages of demoting Rangers, rather than worry over any loss of income next season.

Was listening to a VERY clued-up Hearts fan who rang up the radion a couple of weeks back talking about the whole Rangers thing. He knew his brick and articulated as to how the whole idea that Rangers were financially critical to the other clubs was - basically - a load of flimflam; complete myth. I wasn't paying the greatest of attention, but everyone in the studio agreed with his reasoning and said they couldn't argue with it. I think the guy was a St Johnston fan or something, so wasn't exactly Celtic or Hearts.

Bottom line is that the only club who gets fudged by Rangers going bang is...Rangers. The rest carry on, there is no catastrophic impact which is what the doommongers run with.

So fudge Rangers; adios!

Rangers in crisis: 'Ibrox Globetrotters’ is real prospect

The ramifications, for Rangers and the rest of the country’s senior clubs, of the latest revelations could prove to be cataclysmic.

Some Rangers supporters are already arguing that any and all allegations of wrongdoing during the reign of discredited venture capitalist Craig Whyte and the sanctions which may subsequently brought to bear ought to be rendered null and void if it is proved that he took control of the club by fraudulent means.

Of course, the top tier tax tribunal, who have been deliberating for over five months now, may yet find Sir David Murray implicated in the allegations about the use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

Murray denies accusations Rangers handed out double contracts to players to cover up untaxed payments.

“The Board’s priority is to rebuild the Club for the future and we are 100 per cent focused on that task,” said Malcolm Murray, the chairman of Sevco 5088.

“We welcome any investigation that examines events at the Club and will offer every assistance if required. The rank and file Rangers fans are blameless.

“Rightly, they want answers and for those responsible for the Club’s fate in recent times to be held to account. Hopefully this investigation will assist in this regard.”

The SPL, for its part, confirmed yesterday that the findings of its investigation of the dual contracts allegedly used during the David Murray years will be put on hold until such time as it is established in which division, if any, Rangers will be playing next season.

At the same time, the Scottish Football Association will delay the reconvening of the Appellate Tribunal until after July 4, the date at which the remaining SPL clubs will confirm that Sevco 5088 will not be welcome in the elite division.

The Appellate Tribunal, who upheld an earlier decision to impose a 12-month transfer embargo on Rangers, saw Lord Glennie at the Court of Session rule that that particular penalty was not open to the Judicial Panel.

He then instructed them to find another punishment, the options being suspension or expulsion from Scottish football or a ban from entering the Scottish Cup.

Charles Green, whose Sevco 5088 has yet to apply for membership of the SFA, met yesterday with representatives of PFA Scotland in an attempt to prevent the haemorrhaging of players from his new entity.

On Sunday, Scotland stars Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker, two of Green’s most saleable assets, announced they would not be transferring their contracts to the newco and that they now considered themselves free agents.

Previously, midfielder Rhys McCabe and Nigeria winger Sone Aluko had indicated they would not be returning to Ibrox and more are expected to follow their lead, especially since there will be no top-flight football next season and no European competition for at least three years.

The SFA’s chief executive, Stewart Regan and his counterparts at the SPL and Scottish Football League last week began frantic attempts to manoeuvre the club formerly known as Rangers into the First Division.

Unfortunately for them, that plan was dependent on the SPL clubs voting to accept the newco before then relegating it as a punishment and Regan has now gone on holiday (Crisis? What crisis?).

According to a well-placed source, Green had budgeted for three possible outcomes; life in the SPL, life in the Third Division and also for a year spent as the footballing equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters should the Appellate Tribunal ban them from playing in Scotland.

Now the future of the SPL’s new, four-year TV deal with Sky is in doubt.

Dundee not getting carried away

Dundee manager Barry Smith last night refused to countenance the possibility of replacing Rangers in Scottish football’s top tier next season.

With SPL members queuing up to pour cold water on Charles Green’s hopes of seamlessly taking the oldco’s place, practically the only certainty concerning the national game is that Ibrox will not be hosting Old Firm league games in 2012/13.

Dunfermline, relegated in May after winning only one home game during the entire campaign, believe that they should be reinstated.

“There is no precedent set for this so I don’t believe it’s just a simple case that Dundee should go up because they filled in an application in March, along with other clubs, stating they met the SPL criteria,” said Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston.

“That form was done in the context of potential promotion but Dundee finished 14th in Scottish football last season and we finished 12th.”

However, it is understood that, having already transferred their membership share to First Division champions Ross County, Dunfermline’s demotion will not be reversed.

SPL insiders believe that Dundee, as runners-up to the Highlanders, can expect a call confirming their promotion once the formality of the vote against Green’s newco has been completed on July 4.

That cuts no ice with Smith, however. Like someone who won’t reveal what they have wished for in case it doesn’t come true, the Dens Park boss is keeping his own counsel on the matter.

“My players report back for pre-season training on Thursday and we’ll be concentrating on preparing for life in the First Division and nothing else,” he said.

“Clubs can talk about their intentions but a lot can happen between now and July 4 so we’ll remain fully focused on the job in hand and, until we hear anything different from the powers that be, that means the First Division.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9355258/Rangers-in-crisis-Ibrox-Globetrotters-is-real-prospect.html

Back