• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Just wanted to post to congratulate the Rangers fans purchasing there 1 millionth share.

i hope they get the 10% they need to give themselves a voice on the board and therefore see the ins and outs these board members are doing.

Every club in the Premier League should be that way.

Re: O/T - Glasgow Rangers go into adminstration

Don't get me wrong there's d**kheads in the rangers support but there's them at every club but honestly can't recall Robbie keane getting spat at wouldn't of been the most liked person because of his Celtic roots but spitting? Certain fans follow Chelsea as well but it's a small minority, there's a Tottenham hotspur appreciation thread on follow follow the rangers forum

I do think Rangers a short sighted in their protests towards Ashley, in the same way I think Geordies are.

If you read the reports he runs successful clubs off the pitch, in Saudi Sportswashing Machine terms they probably achieve what they should expect to on it too.

With Rangers you should take the guys money and interest with open arms, the reality is you only have to break a one team monopoly in Scotland now and your good to go, Ashley would do that in his sleep.

I'm lost with all the stuff going on with Rangers lately...

Is Ashley planning on selling Saudi Sportswashing Machine if he can eventually buy Rangers? or is he just trying to take advantage and make a bit of money with that dodgy Sports Direct kit deal thing and also by trying to loan them money.

..and what happened with McCoist? did he leave because of performances or boardroom stuff?

Is Ashley planning on selling Saudi Sportswashing Machine if he can eventually buy Rangers? or is he just trying to take advantage and make a bit of money with that dodgy Sports Direct kit deal thing and also by trying to loan them money.

..and what happened with McCoist? did he leave because of performances or boardroom stuff?

I personally think Ashley wants to use Rangers as a platform to enhance his Sportdirect image in Europe via the Champions League. Rangers with small investment and their potential income channels would make it a cheaper option than funding Saudi Sportswashing Machine to the same level. Saudi Sportswashing Machine would need 100m in players, he could do it for 10/20m with Rangers.

Easy

Think Kronke and ismaroff or whatever there names are at Arsenal and x5

everyone has a slice and no one willing to give up there slice or input money to prop up the other board members.

Last edited:
IMO it should be law that football clubs are owned by a maximum 3 board members, two directors and the other the fans.

Its nuts multiple owners, all protecting there own interests and not the football club

IMO it should be law that football clubs are owned by a maximum 3 board members, two directors and the other the fans.

Its nuts multiple owners, all protecting there own interests and not the football club

I like the theory that clubs should have a member of the supporters trust on the board in some capacity as a none decision making entity at least

it's in all the owners interests for the business to be profitable

But it's not and no one wants to input to prop up everyone else's investment/ownership share. we'll certainly those that are currently on the board don't. Maybe the new vote that is coming to oust the current board will see stability.

For Rangers all they need to do is get promoted and spend a bit to be challenging for the Scottish title and a shot at the CL. They can afford short-term loses as the returns are almost guaranteed. It would be completely different for an English Championship club, even a well supported one like Leeds. As someone mentioned, it would cost a fortune to get Saudi Sportswashing Machine into the CL.

Ashley must want to takeover Rangers. It's obviously a good business opportunity if he can get control without assuming the liabilities. His problem is SFA rules on dual ownership. He was trying to sell Saudi Sportswashing Machine for a number of years before pulling them off the market, presumably for lack of interest at his price. Perhaps the carrot of control at Rangers will make him willing to sell Saudi Sportswashing Machine without making back all his money

B8Vr-ceIgAA2XbG.jpg

Giving Carver the Saudi Sportswashing Machine caretaker role until the Summer sounds a bit like Ashley is already looking for a way out and isn't putting anything else into Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Maybe Pardew knew it was a good time to get out. Appointing a new manager now would have cost Ashley money, especially if they had wanted to bring in some new signings this window.

Back