• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Love how none of them can hold their hands up and admit they were in the wrong all they care about is telling the world if they get relegated how it'll destroy all the other clubs! Them getting relegated will screw them and them only

The thing to remember is that Rangers are not banned from Europe and neither are they being kicked out of the SPL. These are consequences of forming a new club not punishments on an old club which no longer exists.

I really don't know why this is such a big news story in England. Do you think the scots would give a brick if Aston Villa or Saudi Sportswashing Machine went into administration? They'd probably tinkle themselves laughing.

Rangers have been dealt a major blow with the news captain Steven Davis and goalkeeper Allan McGregor are the latest players to reject having their contracts transferred to Charles Green's newco club.

The duo join a host of Gers stars in refusing to agree to the transfer, with Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness having made the same decision earlier on Tuesday.

Lawyers Bridge Litigation confirmed the stance of the quartet on Tuesday evening.

Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Sone Aluko and Rhys McCabe registered their objections before the start of this week.

A statement from lawyer Margaret Gribbon of Bridge Litigation read: "Allan McGregor, Steven Davis, Jamie Ness and Kyle Lafferty have instructed PFA lawyers' Bridge Litigation UK to object to their transfer to the Rangers' newco."

Blow

The news strikes a big blow to the financially-stricken club, with Davis and McGregor both talismanic figures at Ibrox.

Long-serving custodian McGregor has been on the books at the Glasgow club since 2001 after coming through the youth ranks.

Skipper Davis, who has been a key player since arriving from Fulham in 2008, has been linked with a move south of the border to Premier League new-boys Southampton.

Troubled Rangers are expected to be playing lower-tier football next season with Scottish Premier League clubs planning to reject their application to join the top-flight following liquidation.

Green has previously said he intends to sue players and the clubs who hoped to sign them if they attempted to avoid transferring their contract to the newco.

But that has not stopped Rangers' players from refusing to transfer their deals.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7843562/Duo-add-to-Rangers-woe

Looks like Leeds are set for a takeover. A reminder of what can go wrong. Fans have suffered now for 8 years which I believe is long enough. ?10 million and they'll be up where they belong again.

Looks like Leeds are set for a takeover. A reminder of what can go wrong. Fans have suffered now for 8 years which I believe is long enough. ?10 million and they'll be up where they belong again.

No news yet on the potential buyers. Being kept under wraps until due diligence completed. Let's hope they haven't bagged themselves another Abramovich or Mansour.

Big club. Would thrive with proper backing. Last thing we need is yet another financially doped club competing with us for CL places.

Will the courts rule against those players quitting? I would have thought they could leave, I doubt standard players contracts even considered this scenario.

No news yet on the potential buyers. Being kept under wraps until due diligence completed. Let's hope they haven't bagged themselves another Abramovich or Mansour.

Big club. Would thrive with proper backing. Last thing we need is yet another financially doped club competing with us for CL places.

Massive club mate. I hate the financial doping tbh. But I could allow Leeds to e my guilty pleasure. I will only ever have spurs in my heart but I have a major soft spot for Leeds as I love the city and my wife and littlun are loiners!! :)

I doubt these are super rich. All Leeds need is £10 million and they can get out.

Last edited:
Will the courts rule against those players quitting? I would have thought they could leave, I doubt standard players contracts even considered this scenario.

The same players who haven't been paid? I can't believe rangers fans expect them to stay!! These are paid mercenaries. I'm not getting at them, but they were assets of the bankrupt club. Not this new company.

I have never watched a game of Scottish Football. And I'm old.

It can only be a good thing for the game up there to open the competition up.

Had to laugh listening to Talksport yesterday when a Rangers fan phoned in and 3/4 times said that they were one of the biggest clubs in world football and how if they were in the premiership they'd win it within 3/4 years. Silly sweaty.

Had to laugh listening to Talksport yesterday when a Rangers fan phoned in and 3/4 times said that they were one of the biggest clubs in world football and how if they were in the premiership they'd win it within 3/4 years. Silly sweaty.

It's why they do so well in the champions league, did you not notice? :lol:

It's why they do so well in the champions league, did you not notice? :lol:

I remember them beating Man Utd 0-0 rather convincingly at Old Trafford just a couple of years ago.

Notice how many jokes I managed to squeeze into just that one sentence.

Apparently the SPL plan to relegate Rangers to the Scottish First Division. However, the SFA have not agreed to anything yet; they're going to use the situation to materially change the financial structuring.

Why only the Scottish First Division? I'd have thought they should be banished to the wilderness of the Highlands League?

Sending them down one division so they can smash every other outfit to pieces and bounce straight back up again is no punishment at all.

Apparently the SPL plan to relegate Rangers to the Scottish First Division. However, the SFA have not agreed to anything yet; they're going to use the situation to materially change the financial structuring.

Why only the Scottish First Division? I'd have thought they should be banished to the wilderness of the Highlands League?

Sending them down one division so they can smash every other outfit to pieces and bounce straight back up again is no punishment at all.

Most Rangers fans want to go to the 3td division.

I would love it if Spurs were relegated to the League 2..........all the away trips to brick grounds would be mint as we worked our way up through the leagues. I'm serious as well......modern foreign mercenaries are all ****s and I'd rather us be self financing with the gate receipts at the stadium and local players were possible.

Rangers under Walter Smith were incredibly dire to watch! They got to the Europa League final by boring teams into submission and nicking an away goal.

Most Rangers fans want to go to the 3td division.

I would love it if Spurs were relegated to the League 2..........all the away trips to brick grounds would be mint as we worked our way up through the leagues. I'm serious as well......modern foreign mercenaries are all ****s and I'd rather us be self financing with the gate receipts at the stadium and local players were possible.

I understand that, one of the best seasons i had as a traveling fan was when we got relegated to the 2nd div. I never missed a game and went to some bricky grounds ( Mansfield, Bristol Rovers etc ) we all had a great time .

Back