• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Most Rangers fans want to go to the 3td division.

Yeah, I've noticed that and don't really get it. Is it just a big FU to the SPL? In other words, they don't think the SPL deserve them back next year, so they'd rather drop all the way down and start again? Don't really get their logic.

My Dad and all his family are big Rangers fans and absolutely devastated/disgusted about the situation at the club. Brave for the SPL clubs to vote them out, although Rangers are obviously in the wrong and other club's will feel cheated, there is no doubting how important the Old Firm are for that league. All the television rights are based around not 3 Old Firm games, but 4 being played through the season. Cant help but feel without Rangers in that league, Celtic may as well just be crowned champions every season, and the money from television in the league will dip, as will attendances. Don't agree that they will automatically bounce straight back up. They will literally have a youth team playing as no other players available/all have left.

Yeah, I've noticed that and don't really get it. Is it just a big FU to the SPL? In other words, they don't think the SPL deserve them back next year, so they'd rather drop all the way down and start again? Don't really get their logic.

I understand it......if they are going to get fudged over, (I agree with the action) then why the 1st Division where they will win at a canter and be back in teh SPL?

Go the whole hog.

Basically the action is the SPL shooting themselves in the foot and Rangers fans are all saying they will boycott all matches in future at the clubs who voted against them.

My Dad and all his family are big Rangers fans and absolutely devastated/disgusted about the situation at the club. Brave for the SPL clubs to vote them out, although Rangers are obviously in the wrong and other club's will feel cheated, there is no doubting how important the Old Firm are for that league. All the television rights are based around not 3 Old Firm games, but 4 being played through the season. Cant help but feel without Rangers in that league, Celtic may as well just be crowned champions every season, and the money from television in the league will dip, as will attendances. Don't agree that they will automatically bounce straight back up. They will literally have a youth team playing as no other players available/all have left.

I say let them come to England and start in League 2, then the SPL will actually be a decent league!!

And the Prem would be immense with those two clubs, i'm all for it.

I say let them come to England and start in League 2, then the SPL will actually be a decent league!!

And the Prem would be immense with those two clubs, i'm all for it.

Never in a million years.

They are neither wanted (other than by a few odd people ;)) nor needed here.

They are massive clubs and would enhance the league.

I've always said that I want big city clubs in the league not the likes of Wigan.....I'm all for it.

I've always said that I want big city clubs in the league not the likes of Wigan.....I'm all for it.

I genuinely think they'd struggle to get out of the Championship. Would be all for them trying though, as Leeds says, I'd rather have big city teams in the PL than the likes of Blackburn / Wigan who struggle to even sell out big games

They are indeed massive clubs.

But they only became massive clubs by sharing in a hundred year duopoly of success in Scottish football. Had they had to compete, throughout their history, with the might of English football's biggest clubs, they wouldn't have enjoyed anywhere near as much success.

They have no place in English football. They belong in Scotland. Just because, having bled Scottish football dry, they now covet greater riches elsewhere, it doesn't mean that we should oblige them. Especially since elevation to the higher echelons of the Premier League would inevitably come at the expense of English clubs - possibly including ours.

Besides which, they are vile clubs that attract and take hate with them wherever they go.

They can rot in Scotland.

That would make sense, if the attraction or popularity of the league was in question - but it isn't. Quite the opposite: it's in rude health and never been so good.

The 'need' - if there is any - is completely one-sided; the Premiership doesn't need Rangers or Celtic at all, but those two are forever complaining about not having the riches of the Premiership.

We could well do without the sectarian and xenophobic nonsense which those two would naturally introduce.

That would make sense, if the attraction or popularity of the league was in question - but it isn't. Quite the opposite: it's in rude health and never been so good.

The 'need' - if there is any - is completely one-sided; the Premiership doesn't need Rangers or Celtic at all, but those two are forever complaining about not having the riches of the Premiership.

We could well do without the sectarian and xenophobic nonsense which those two would naturally introduce.

100% agreed.

Chelsea are a great club ain't they?

The prem would be more competitive and wealthier with them. That is indisputable

They are indeed massive clubs.

But they only became massive clubs by sharing in a hundred year duopoly of success in Scottish football. Had they had to compete, throughout their history, with the might of English football's biggest clubs, they wouldn't have enjoyed anywhere near as much success.

They have no place in English football. They belong in Scotland. Just because, having bled Scottish football dry, they now covet greater riches elsewhere, it doesn't mean that we should oblige them. Especially since elevation to the higher echelons of the Premier League would inevitably come at the expense of English clubs - possibly including ours.

Besides which, they are vile clubs that attract and take hate with them wherever they go.

They can rot in Scotland.

Cardiff and Swansea are good English teams aren't they?

Cardiff and Swansea are good English teams aren't they?

Not comparable.

Cardiff and Swansea have played for their entire existence in the English Leagues.

They haven't spent 120 odd years growing fat from the spoils of a duopoly in their home country before deciding that they might be able to get fatter still by moving to England.

Chelsea are a great club ain't they?

The prem would be more competitive and wealthier with them. That is indisputable

The Premier League might make marginally more money.

But there would be a price to pay.

It would be harder for English teams to stay in the Premier League.

It would be harder for English teams to win promotion to the Premier League.

It would be harder for English teams to qualify for the Europa League.

It would be harder for English teams to qualify for the Champions League.

Any English team finishing below Celtic and Rangers in the Premier League would earn some £2 million less per annum in prize money than they might otherwise have done.

Overall, any benefit to English clubs would be heavily outweighed by what it might cost them to have the Old Firm in the Premier League. That's why they won't vote for it.

You said they shouldnt play in the English league being Scottish clubs. Sorry I burst your bubble.

No. Try reading again.

I said that they belong in Scotland.

Because that is where they have always played. Because that is where they grew into the clubs that they have become.

If, like Cardiff and Swansea, they had always played in the English leagues, then the fact that they are Scottish would be irrelevant. They would belong here. As it is, though, they don't.

You said they shouldnt play in the English league being Scottish clubs. Sorry I burst your bubble.

When something has 100 years of history, it no longer counts as a precedent for making exceptional and eccentric decisions like allowing the OF into England. It's an established and very rare quirk of footballing history, no more.

The tv deal would be much bigger. If they beat Spurs so be it. They have just as much chance of surplanting Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Chelsea. Sounds like your motives are paranoid and selfish. Which is understandable. But the English premier league isn't 100% English and has racist clubs in it already. It's no different to our rivalry with the scum or the Manchester or Liverpool derby. Happy days. Anyway, it won't happen so don't get your panties in a twist!! :)

Back