• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giannelli Imbula

Thinks that a lower profile club would be a better move at this stage of his career?

Can't say that it's not possible but the guy is a regular for one of the biggest clubs in France and on the verge of a full French cap. Not the type I would imagine being overawed by playing for us and would certainly be confident of holding a place...

Not really to be honest; other than you forgot the bogeyman and the tooth fairy in your fantasy story...
Wow. Having read plenty of your posts, I honestly thought you were sharper than that... that you could spot a forced-hypothetical in order to illustrate a point (in this case that we simply don't have access to all of the information about why he might make a particular decision).

And I'm guessing your reluctance to address my main point means that you do genuinely believe that just because one team values a player at the top end of their wage structure, every other team does as well. And you accuse me of "fantasy"....?

Of course I understood you made it all up but I still don't see any drift to get.

If Arsenal made a pitch for Imbula, do you think he would turn them down, even if we offered a higher end wage? Even if he was not sure of a first team place? Of course it's a matter of opinions, but judging from past form, most likely not. Just as Schneiderlin will not chose us over Man Utd even though he would be top dog here but not even a guaranteed starter there.

For all the fantasties you spout, the reality is that whenever we competed with the likes of Soton in the past, even without guaranteeing starting places, we always won through. If Imbula does chose Saints over us, the most likely reason is because he sees them as good and attractive an option as we are... hence the reality check.

Jeez man... the entire point I was making was that we don't know why he might make a decision. Yeah, clearly you didn't get my drift.

Or maybe it's the Euros coming up in his home country and he wants to be a part of the show so if he has to move wants to make sure he is playing regularly with a manager who has a good reputation for decent football and integrating new members of the team in a smaller club where he can showcase his talents more.

looks like its Porto

Porto are set to complete a dramatic deal for Tottenham and Southampton target Giannelli Imbula after a late change of heart.

It looked like the Marseille star was on his way to Inter Milan after choosing the Serie A side over his two Premier League admirers.

However L'Equipe have revealed that the gifted 22-year-old has decided to join Porto, who will pay around £17.5m to sign him.

Despite being on the verge of agreeing a four-year deal at Inter, with personal terms agreed, he asked for more time to consider his future and reportedly made up his mind to join Porto late on Sunday night.

That leaves Spurs and Saints - and Inter - all looking elsewhere for midfield reinforcements with the new season fast approaching.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/porto...mpton-target-150629152548#ycuOee8qXsdv51h2.99

TBF, i guess they can offer CL...but aren't they well-stocked in the DM department?

Except that it's quite likely that they'll lose Carvalho this summer, isn't it? Arsenal, in particular, have been linked - although some reports suggest that they're close to signing Vidal from Juventus and they wouldn't sign both.

Except that it's quite likely that they'll lose Carvalho this summer, isn't it? Arsenal, in particular, have been linked - although some reports suggest that they're close to signing Vidal from Juventus and they wouldn't sign both.

Doesn't Carvalho play for Sporting Lisbon and NOT Porto?

Back