• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giannelli Imbula

It will happen anyway. Every bubble bursts.
Of course it will. But the people in the boardroom will walk away with money in their pockets. It'll be the fans who suffer; that's the problem. When @Bullet says:
Clubs like Leeds, Portsmouth, Cheatski, Newcash that kept us out of European competition and stopped us winning trophies during vital years by massively overspending and subsequently felt the pain, deserve that pain

The implication seems to be that the people who made the decisions to overspend are feeling any "pain" at all. They're not. By and large those people remain wealthy dilettantes with little or no genuine love for the club they brought to its knees. If those who created the problem actually felt the pain, I wouldn't have an issue. But to suggest that some bloke who has been scraping together the money for a season ticket for the past 40 years "deserves" to feel the pain of board-decisions made by some speculator numpty who saw the club as a way to make a quick buck is just ridiculous in my view.

But we all have our opinions.

Of course it will. But the people in the boardroom will walk away with money in their pockets. It'll be the fans who suffer; that's the problem. When @Bullet says:
Clubs like Leeds, Portsmouth, Cheatski, Newcash that kept us out of European competition and stopped us winning trophies during vital years by massively overspending and subsequently felt the pain, deserve that pain

The implication seems to be that the people who made the decisions to overspend are feeling any "pain" at all. They're not. By and large those people remain wealthy dilettantes with little or no genuine love for the club they brought to its knees. If those who created the problem actually felt the pain, I wouldn't have an issue. But to suggest that some bloke who has been scraping together the money for a season ticket for the past 40 years "deserves" to feel the pain of board-decisions made by some speculator numpty who saw the club as a way to make a quick buck is just ridiculous in my view.

But we all have our opinions.

I agree with you on the whole. I don't want to see other clubs go bust (although I would take a little pleasure if Chelsea dropped down a few leagues).

Reactions: DTA
Dublin, those clubs and fans hugely enjoyed their success and crowed as they looked down at us. They stopped us benefiting from European football, and the fans loved it. Now the fans should and do pay through pain and misery. This is right, this is good. I would be pleased if Leeds never make it back, but unfortunately they will.

I did not hear many Leeds fans bitching when Risedale was throwing money about like confetti ( in fact they were crowing about it) just like those at Pompy when " rent a quote" was helping to bankrupt the club.

Dublin, those clubs and fans hugely enjoyed their success and crowed as they looked down at us. They stopped us benefiting from European football, and the fans loved it. Now the fans should and do pay through pain and misery. This is right, this is good. I would be pleased if Leeds never make it back, but unfortunately they will.

And paid their money towards it as well...

Back