• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giannelli Imbula

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham want Marseille's £12million-rated midfield enforcer Giannelli Imbula - and are ready to offer Benjamin Stambouli to the French club as part of a deal.

Imbula - a tough-tackling, 22-year-old ball-winner - has also caught the eye of Chelsea, among a string of high-profile clubs.

The France Under-21 international impressed in Marseille's push for European qualification this season, which saw them end up fourth and in the Europa League.

While the Premier League champions have yet to move for him, Spurs are hoping a deal can be done quickly - and have the advantage of Marseille's desire to sign Stambouli, who has struggled to make an impact since arriving from French side Montpellier last summer for £4m.

The north Londoners have already rejected a loan move from Marseille for the 24-year-old but are well aware of the Stade Velodrome club's strong interest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-eye-transfer-giannelli-imbula-5810401

A 'budget Schneiderlin'.... From the (very) little I have seen of Imbula he would have a better chance of making it with us than Stambouli. While it would be nice to get the finished, proven article like Schneiderline, once they reach his level we're competing with English clubs already in the CL, able to offer much higher wages. I guess therefore signings at the level of Imbula are the ones we instead need to be targeting to progress.

A 'budget Schneiderlin'.... From the (very) little I have seen of Imbula he would have a better chance of making it with us than Stambouli. While it would be nice to get the finished, proven article like Schneiderline, once they reach his level we're competing with English clubs already in the CL, able to offer much higher wages. I guess therefore signings at the level of Imbula are the ones we instead need to be targeting to progress.

but Stambouli was the budget Schneideriln wasnt he.

anyway maybe Poch isnt fixated on having a Schneiderlin. He inherited him at Southampton. im not sure but did Poch have a Schneiderlin at Espanyol?

Imbula is like a Dembele anyway...........

that would be typical of Spurs to sell Dembele and buy Imbula

Imbula is like a Dembele anyway...........

that would be typical of Spurs to sell Dembele and buy Imbula

Dembele is a very good player, he just slows down the play too much, if Imbula was exactly the same but recycled the ball just a bit quicker, it would be a good thing.

Don't know since I've never really seen Imbula.

Dembele is a very good player, he just slows down the play too much, if Imbula was exactly the same but recycled the ball just a bit quicker, it would be a good thing.

Don't know since I've never really seen Imbula.

he doesnt tend to recycle it that quickly, he holds onto it like Dembele does....... thats from the few times ive seen him

How does he compare to someone like Sissoko at Saudi Sportswashing Machine??

Sissoko at least has the experience of playing over here although I still would prefer to see someone with good distribution skills in alongside Bentaleb.

Imbula would be a very good signing! He's a proper player! Big, strong, quick, good on the ball and tackles like a man! He's like the love child of Vieira and Yaya. Would be great if we got him. Put him in instead of Mason, and all of a sudden we have a proper midfield!

Imbula would be a very good signing! He's a proper player! Big, strong, quick, good on the ball and tackles like a man! He's like the love child of Vieira and Yaya. Would be great if we got him. Put him in instead of Mason, and all of a sudden we have a proper midfield!

dont be fooled by all that.....what we need is a better quick passer, forward thinking creativity

dont be fooled by all that.....what we need is a better quick passer, forward thinking creativity
Don't be fooled by what? I watch quite a lot of Ligue1, and he's always looked the part when I have seen him. He's nothing like Dembele. He often wins the ball and carries it forward with speed. But unlike Dembele he doesn't then stop and turn 10 times around himself and try to beat the players he just passed one more time. No he passes it to a team mate, usually one further forward.

What we need ( in CM) is a player who can read the defensive part of the game put a tackle in and track runners because that is what we really lack.
I also agree that this is where we fall down. Over the course of last season I saw every single one of our midfield players fail to track their runner on numerous occasions. Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, Mason and Bentaleb....

Chadli's is through pure laziness (the worst occasion I saw when when I saw Ivanovic stroll forward into our box while Chadli just watched him do it).
Lamela's isn't through laziness, but instead because he runs around like a headless chicken chasing the ball (it's a bit like watching a game of infants school playground football).
The final three I think was often just due to a complete lack of awareness, which at least means it can still be coached into them, but our squad definitely currently lacks a proper defensive minded player.

Don't be fooled by what? I watch quite a lot of Ligue1, and he's always looked the part when I have seen him. He's nothing like Dembele. He often wins the ball and carries it forward with speed. But unlike Dembele he doesn't then stop and turn 10 times around himself and try to beat the players he just passed one more time. No he passes it to a team mate, usually one further forward.

in one sentence he is nothing like Dembele and then in the next you describe exactly what Dembele does.............. also both are big, strong, left footed, score the odd goal, to say he is nothing like Dembele is a bit odd tbh

yes Dembele stops and turns 10 times and its incredibly infuriating but im sure in Ligue 1 Dembele would even cut that out because he is playing against much weaker opposition and would probably carry on his forward momentum.

What we need ( in CM) is a player who can read the defensive part of the game put a tackle in and track runners because that is what we really lack.
i think all the attacking players have to improve this defensive aspect. It cant be left to one man

Standard Squawka comparison suggests that he is pretty damn good. In Ligue 1, however, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 11
Back