• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

A new name. Cuadrado (?sp) from Chelsea. Apparently, Mourinho wants him out after only 6 months. Poch is rumoured to be a big fan. If it was anyone other than Cheatski I would have thought this would be a runner, but doubt they would sell to us. Although they did sell Cech to L'arse though so they just might if he is willing to take a pay cut. Shame we just sold Pauline, then we could have used him as makeweight as Jose was (unbelievably) interested in him at one time. Suspect it is all hogwash anyhow. He would be a good fit for us, if what I have read about him is to be believed.

4 problems

1) he is brick
2) Chelski wont deal with us
3) he will be too expensive
4) Poch prefers inverted wingers

:)

4 problems

1) he is crud
2) Chelski wont deal with us
3) he will be too expensive
4) Poch prefers inverted wingers

:)

Don't agree with your assessment.

1) unless his name is Pauline, Crapoo or Soldadud, you don't change into crud overnight
2) they dealt with an even bigger rival, L'arse over Cech, so miracles might happen, especially if they think he is crud and the joke would be on us
3) no idea on price but Jose is apparently keen to get rid
4) at the time of his transfer to Cheatski, Poch was reported as a big fan of him.

No idea on whether any of this is true btw, just speculating.

1) unless his name is Pauline, Crapoo or Soldadud, you don't change into crud overnight
2) they dealt with an even bigger rival, L'arse over Cech, so miracles might happen, especially if they think he is crud and the joke would be on us
4) at the time of his transfer to Cheatski, Poch was reported as a big fan of him.

But when has he be that good? Had a great World Cup (and there are plenty that have done that once) and looked good for Fiorientina for a bit.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but he cost a lot of money with not a strong track record

Not a fan of Cuadrado. Very frustrating player IMO. Hope we are not interested and it is just internet hogwash.

1) he is world cup and highlights reel wonder whose work ethic won't work for us

2)Cech earned that status and both Mourinho and Ambramivich are likely to respect how key he was for the last decade of success

3) I imagine he is in huge wages as his stock was high. Wages that are not representative of his ability

Absolutely. I can't see us ever signing a chelsea player while Roman is in charge...

4092.jpg

Unless he had an unusual contract that expired in January, it was still a sale that they agreed to. A subtle, but excellent signing by Redknapp.

I'm struggling to see how it was either subtle or excellent!

Subtle...........how?

Excellent.........overstating the matter, somewhat, surely? Shouldn't we reserve that kind of superlative for a player who became at least a first team regular? Cudicini was only ever backup and made fewer than 20 league appearances for us in four years.

Re the original point, Cudicini signing for Spurs predated the Modric saga. It's subsequent to that summer that transfer dealings between the two clubs became much less likely, I'd suggest.

I'm struggling to see how it was either subtle or excellent!

Subtle...........how?

Excellent.........overstating the matter, somewhat, surely? Shouldn't we reserve that kind of superlative for a player who became at least a first team regular? Cudicini was only ever backup and made fewer than 20 league appearances for us in four years.

Re the original point, Cudicini signing for Spurs predated the Modric saga. It's subsequent to that summer that transfer dealings between the two clubs became much less likely, I'd suggest.

Subtle - because it was a free transfer off the bench of another team, nobody had even considered him as an option until he came in.

Excellent - Because I think he was a big help in stabilising our defence in 2009 and allowing Gomes some time off away from the media pressure to get his act together and become an important part of the strong run we had in the second half of that season. When Cudicini was called upon over the next 3 seasons he never let anyone down and was as good a backup to Gomes (and Friedel) as we could ever have hoped for. I can't think of a better free transfer signing we've made in January - although that says probably more about our failings in the January transfer window than anything else.

The Modric saga definitely soured relations between the clubs. But then again, things were just as bad once upon a time with Arsenal after the Cole/Gallas thing. We bought Cudicini after Arnesen if you remember...

Cudicini was given a free transfer as a thanks for 10 years service at chelski. He was allowed to go anywhere he wanted but luckily for us at the time we managed to persuade him to join us

Since Arnesen, the relationship between chelski and Spurs has been dead.

Subtle - because it was a free transfer off the bench of another team, nobody had even considered him as an option until he came in.

Excellent - Because I think he was a big help in stabilising our defence in 2009 and allowing Gomes some time off away from the media pressure to get his act together and become an important part of the strong run we had in the second half of that season. When Cudicini was called upon over the next 3 seasons he never let anyone down and was as good a backup to Gomes (and Friedel) as we could ever have hoped for. I can't think of a better free transfer signing we've made in January - although that says probably more about our failings in the January transfer window than anything else.

The Modric saga definitely soured relations between the clubs. But then again, things were just as bad once upon a time with Arsenal after the Cole/Gallas thing. We bought Cudicini after Arnesen if you remember...

Fair enough. We're just going to have to differ on our definitions of the words "subtle" and "excellent"!

Cudicini was given a free transfer as a thanks for 10 years service at chelski. He was allowed to go anywhere he wanted but luckily for us at the time we managed to persuade him to join us

Since Arnesen, the relationship between chelski and Spurs has been dead.

add Willian to that..

Back