• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

If you look at the top you can see how many games and minutes they played. Monreal played pretty much exactly as much as Rose last season.

Well fair enough but again I think both of those are as bad as each other aren't they !? I fall into I'd love a new left full without doubt camp anyway ! Sorry .. Stats can be rode to hell but I'm sure rose would look a lot better with two proper central midfield players in front of back 4 . Look what Chelsea lad does for his back 4 . Makes everything more solid looking ! In system we play we need two players like a MS and maybe gamble on the Marseille lad . I'd be a lot more confident then with guys at back . Let mason and bentaleb offer competition and get plenty of game time against lesser teams to aid development and sell stamboli , Paulinho and dembele to raise funds to two centre midfield purchases

Well fair enough but again I think both of those are as bad as each other aren't they !? I fall into I'd love a new left full without doubt camp anyway ! Sorry .. Stats can be rode to hell but I'm sure rose would look a lot better with two proper central midfield players in front of back 4 . Look what Chelsea lad does for his back 4 . Makes everything more solid looking ! In system we play we need two players like a MS and maybe gamble on the Marseille lad . I'd be a lot more confident then with guys at back . Let mason and bentaleb offer competition and get plenty of game time against lesser teams to aid development

I'm not riding stats to hell. I haven't tried to put a spin on them or choose stats selectively. I've just given a comparison with players playing the same position at bigger clubs and asked you to draw your own conclusions.

Do you think all of the stats support the argument you were making about Rose or do any of them make you question your assessment?

I'm not riding stats to hell. I haven't tried to put a spin on them or choose stats selectively. I've just given a comparison with players playing the same position at bigger clubs and asked you to draw your own conclusions.

Do you think all of the stats support the argument you were making about Rose or do any of them make you question your assessment?

None question my opinion really tbh . There is a lack of real quality left backs out there that's well said in the press and by people in game who know more than me but it helps if u have a solid one! I stand by my decision on rose that he is a liability in the main , a hot head with questionable tackling and positional sense but in overall scheme of things I can see why focus has to be elsewhere for now .. We have to get back bone of the side right first . It's still average apart from lloris !!

None question my opinion really tbh . There is a lack of real quality left backs out there that's well said in the press and by people in game who know more than me but it helps if u have a solid one! I stand by my decision on rose that he is a liability in the main , a hot head with questionable tackling and positional sense but in overall scheme of things I can see why focus has to be elsewhere for now .. We have to get back bone of the side right first . It's still average apart from lloris !!

None of those stats surprise you? Do you think that they all support your argument? Or do they suggest that parts of his game are better than you thought?

Just as the ITK thread wasn't the right place to be discussing algorithms ad nauseam, this isn't the right place to be discussing the merits, or otherwise, of our defenders ad nauseam.

This is the General Transfer Rumour thread and I'm really f'ing bored of clicking on here to read anything but transfer rumours.

Please...pretty please, with sugar on top.....take the discussion elsewhere and let this thread do what it says on the tin.

Thank you.

Well fair enough but again I think both of those are as bad as each other aren't they !? I fall into I'd love a new left full without doubt camp anyway ! Sorry .. Stats can be rode to hell but I'm sure rose would look a lot better with two proper central midfield players in front of back 4 . Look what Chelsea lad does for his back 4 . Makes everything more solid looking ! In system we play we need two players like a MS and maybe gamble on the Marseille lad . I'd be a lot more confident then with guys at back . Let mason and bentaleb offer competition and get plenty of game time against lesser teams to aid development and sell stamboli , Paulinho and dembele to raise funds to two centre midfield purchases

Harry Redknapp is that you?

there are no transfer rumours

there is no ITK

its all gone dry

True.

But then, this thread (and the itk thread) need only lie dormant until there is a transfer rumour (or itk) worth talking about. Simple enough, really.

I don't mind there not being rumours or itk. But when I click on this or the itk thread, it's what I expect to see. And it's incredibly annoying when, time after time after time, what I actually see is some inane discussion about anything other than rumours or itk.

And I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person who feels this way about it.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter. Otherwise, I will be no less guilty of taking the thread off topic!

there are no transfer rumours

there is no ITK

its all gone dry

My source tells me its the eye before the storm - sorry wrong thread. Jimmy: how many more players do you think we'll actually bring in?

Will Levy make at least one 'major' signing? A wide forward maybe around the £20m mark. Then if we sell a few players, we will hopefully add that seasoned midfielder. A MS rather than another young player with potential. That would do me - 2 high quality key players.

Last edited:
True.

But then, this thread (and the itk thread) need only lie dormant until there is a transfer rumour (or itk) worth talking about. Simple enough, really.

I don't mind there not being rumours or itk. But when I click on this or the itk thread, it's what I expect to see. And it's incredibly annoying when, time after time after time, what I actually see is some inane discussion about anything other than rumours or itk.

I agree. There are other threads to discuss the other issues. The transfer threads should be simply dedicated to actual rumours, or ITK.

True.

yeah i fully get what your saying. I think we all click on each thread expecting some rumours or transfer talk

I think the system is far more important than the players themselves when it comes to defending. Tony Pulis could take the same squad and have us concede 20 goals less but we'd probably see a similar drop in the goals for column too.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 2h2 hours ago
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin expects his future to be resolved in the "coming days". #saintsfc #afc #mufc #thfc
I've seen quotes from the horses mouth too.

Well I guess it all hinges on whether Utd and Arsenal have shown real interest or if that was all just internet chatter. The bookies have us 3rd in this three horse race, but again that could be based on nothing more than expectation rather than anything of real substance. You'd have to think he is top of Poch's wishlist so fingers crossed Daniel is in spending mood.

It seems we definitely want a player who can work off of Kane in the role of a wide forward/support striker. Three different players from France mentionned today and all play in the aforementionned role and as a forward when needed. That coupled with the reported Berahino swap and the long time pursuit of Jay Rodriguez makes me wonder exactly how we will lineup next season and at the expense of whom (Chadli perhaps???).

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/hammers-and-spurs-engaged-in-battle-for-french-forward/
Us and Wham are fighting it out to sign Claudio Beauvue.

In other news, we are apparently (according to the sun) very keen on Clinton N'jie and have already opened talks with him. He's probably a cheaper alternative to Anthony Martial, but is a couple of years older and netted fewer goals (though had more assists) last season.

Liverpool doing some very good business. All the outfield players they've signed so far (Milner, Ings, Firmino) are known for their fierce work-rate and direct style of play. They would all have suited us perfectly, actually. :p It's a change from last summer, when some of their signings (Balotelli, Can) didn't really carry the same work ethic that their other buys did, although that fact only emerged in retrospect. They've sorted their bacl-up goalie position (Bogdan), and If they get Clyne too, I think they'll be very quietly confident heading into the new season.

Back