• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

tickle my balls with a feather, I have said that our CM is wide open and I am glad others are starting to see it as well. I really hope Poch does as well or next season we will have the same problems.

i think its also a coaching problem

I agree that our defence is exposed by the lack of tracking back by midfield players, but I think the wide players are more to blame, the game stops for Townsend when he doesn't have the ball and Chadli is lazy, Lamela tries hard but he's a foul waiting to happen. Their lack of work gets the Central midfield pulled out of position. Must defend as a unit, you can be the best coach in the world but if the players don't do it your f*****.

i think its also a coaching problem
Could also be explained by tiredness. At the start of the season it looked to me that eriksen was working harder to track back than he was towards the end. Soton were not so open as we were and I believe a lot of that was down to schneiderlin and his partner. Which is why we need to upgrade on one of bentaleb or mason. I rate bentaleb very highly so imo that needs to be Mason. Exchanging one squad right back for another is not going to make us better defensively imo.

Of course an improved holding midfielder will improve us defensively but the reality is we need a proven PL LEADER. Yes a defender but we seem to lack an organiser. Alderweireld is a ver good defender, no denying tat but I thin the better option is actually Jose Fonte. Southampton have been a sound defensive unit now for 2-3 seasons. Fonte has been a mainstay.

We have one of worst defences in league and IMO that's both individually and collectively as team . A signing like Morgan snderlein will have massive impact in shoring up goals conceded column , better than protection mason and bebtaleb offer anyway . I'm also all for putting in trippier and wimmer in right from start .. I'd even buy new top left back and another centre half as well before pre season returns , don't rate rose in slightest and if Emirates Marketing Project bid 15m + then I'd snap their hand off .. Davies has been very poor , shown nothing at all . For me new centre half , two centre midfielders of some calibre still needed before we even talk about goal scoring effective wide players to support Kane .. Striker issue will be last solved cos any top ,half decent strikers won't join us till all cl teams and bigger clubs have had first dibs . This Monaco lad sounds interesting mind

You might not rate Rose fair enough - but he's had a very good season. Yet you want to start an untried Wimmer (who has only played once for Austria according to Wiki)?

You might not rate Rose fair enough - but he's had a very good season. Yet you want to start an untried Wimmer (who has only played once for Austria according to Wiki)?
Yeah wud start with new untried players cos u know what we get with rose and maybe it's just me but I don't think had a very good season , he plays regularly for us and him and three other defenders are responsible for a lot of that . He is basically not good enough . If it not for lloris we would have been bottom half of table without doubt . This rose had good season talk is silly . He was better than season before but he was dog brick season before !! What did he do that deserves a very good season ... I'd hate to see what people think if we conceded 70 or 80 goals in season . We conceded over 50 goals in a defence with him in it .. Personally entitled to your opinion but Danny Rose lucky I'm not manager along with about ten others lol !!!

Yeah wud start with new untried players cos u know what we get with rose and maybe it's just me but I don't think had a very good season , he plays regularly for us and him and three other defenders are responsible for a lot of that . He is basically not good enough . If it not for lloris we would have been bottom half of table without doubt . This rose had good season talk is silly . He was better than season before but he was dog crud season before !! What did he do that deserves a very good season ... I'd hate to see what people think if we conceded 70 or 80 goals in season . We conceded over 50 goals in a defence with him in it .. Personally entitled to your opinion but Danny Rose lucky I'm not manager along with about ten others lol !!!

Which areas of Rose's game do you see as his weakest?

I agree that our defence is exposed by the lack of tracking back by midfield players, but I think the wide players are more to blame, the game stops for Townsend when he doesn't have the ball and Chadli is lazy, Lamela tries hard but he's a foul waiting to happen. Their lack of work gets the Central midfield pulled out of position. Must defend as a unit, you can be the best coach in the world but if the players don't do it your f*****.

1000000% agree - watch the Utd game and the reason Townsend got subbed for tactical reasons after 30mins. Walker didnt have a chance in that game most exposed as ive seen a player before

Yeah wud start with new untried players cos u know what we get with rose and maybe it's just me but I don't think had a very good season , he plays regularly for us and him and three other defenders are responsible for a lot of that . He is basically not good enough . If it not for lloris we would have been bottom half of table without doubt . This rose had good season talk is silly . He was better than season before but he was dog crud season before !! What did he do that deserves a very good season ... I'd hate to see what people think if we conceded 70 or 80 goals in season . We conceded over 50 goals in a defence with him in it .. Personally entitled to your opinion but Danny Rose lucky I'm not manager along with about ten others lol !!!

You don't think that the lack of a steady right back - which teams specifically targeted - and no clear CB paring, had an effect? The goals conceded was instead due to Rose being in the team?

Last edited:
Which areas of Rose's game do you see as his weakest?

Not picking on him more than others .. As full backs himself n walker are brain dead , positionally a liability and I don't know stats but I would argue a lot of goals originate or cone from that side of pitch . Before we get smart asses on here saying that's not all Rose fault they probably right but there is no doubt he is targeted by opposition .. He is s hot head , clumsy , jumps into tackles like peno at Liverpool which cost us massively in terms of momentum and the actual result . It was same for the actual goal they scored for winner . Again one bad game can be excused but it's beyond joke IMO . I feel same way with walker but what gets him out of a lot of trouble is his pace . He can sometimes get back and get a block in !! Offensive wise I can't remember many assists or overlaps where rose got direct assists .. Did he cross for Harry winner against arsenal ?? Can't remember who ?

Listen we all have different opinions but overall I think we very weak with him in side from pure defensive point of view . His side of pitch will always be targeted . He is not a defender anyway IMO . He only plays there cos he has a left foot !! Ashley Cole was the exception . He doesnt inspire confidence that he can assist in attacks going forward . What's his record there ? From pure defensive point of view record speaks for itself , it's terrible ..only reason Emirates Marketing Project want him is to increase English quota in a position they light in its not cos he is any good IMO ! Again game of opinions but if I got good offer I wud thank him for services and buy a proper left full who knows his job

Do you make this stuff up as you go along?

Do you make this stuff up as you go along?

U don't agree ? fair enough I don't care .. Facts speak for themselves . We have a brick defence one of worst in league , I think it's a bit of everything but having average players in side doesn't help with that fact . A lot of people need to take off these everything at Spurs is brilliant glasses . We have one of best goalkeepers we have had in 30 years and even he is getting tinkled off from a height at guys in front of him !

Watching spurs way too long . My answer is no . Walker is average but great pace , Rose is a joke . Fazio great in Spain but first season here a shambles and clueless , verts was great defender for while now has a I couldn't give a monkeys attitude about him . Who else ?? Without question though our left hand side of defence is always targeted even without a regular right back for start of season or for however long walker was out ! It's targeted cos rose hasn't a clue . If u can't handle that then I'm sorry . On a collective front it does make it worse mind a lot worse but the reason for that is we have a lot of average players who simply make no real difference. We will always be around 6, 7, 8 positions with squad we have and at a push depending on other teams maybe a 5th .to get better and do better we need better players who know their job and who make a difference .lloris makes huge difference , no other defender does and it's argument to see who is worse from individual point of view

Not picking on him more than others .. As full backs himself n walker are brain dead , positionally a liability and I don't know stats but I would argue a lot of goals originate or cone from that side of pitch . Before we get smart asses on here saying that's not all Rose fault they probably right but there is no doubt he is targeted by opposition .. He is s hot head , clumsy , jumps into tackles like peno at Liverpool which cost us massively in terms of momentum and the actual result . It was same for the actual goal they scored for winner . Again one bad game can be excused but it's beyond joke IMO . I feel same way with walker but what gets him out of a lot of trouble is his pace . He can sometimes get back and get a block in !! Offensive wise I can't remember many assists or overlaps where rose got direct assists .. Did he cross for Harry winner against arsenal ?? Can't remember who ?

Listen we all have different opinions but overall I think we very weak with him in side from pure defensive point of view . His side of pitch will always be targeted . He is not a defender anyway IMO . He only plays there cos he has a left foot !! Ashley Cole was the exception . He doesnt inspire confidence that he can assist in attacks going forward . What's his record there ? From pure defensive point of view record speaks for itself , it's terrible ..only reason Emirates Marketing Project want him is to increase English quota in a position they light in its not cos he is any good IMO ! Again game of opinions but if I got good offer I wud thank him for services and buy a proper left full who knows his job

I don't think that you should get defensive. I am not trying to trip you up, I just think it is easier to discuss a players strength or weaknesses if we talk about specifics.

I thought this comparison against some of the left backs in the teams that finished above us might give us a decent comparison

https://tinyurl.com/phjleux

Watching spurs way too long . My answer is no . Walker is average but great pace , Rose is a joke . Fazio great in Spain but first season here a shambles and clueless , verts was great defender for while now has a I couldn't give a monkeys attitude about him . Who else ?? Without question though our left hand side of defence is always targeted even without a regular right back for start of season or for however long walker was out ! It's targeted cos rose hasn't a clue . If u can't handle that then I'm sorry . On a collective front it does make it worse mind a lot worse but the reason for that is we have a lot of average players who simply make no real difference. We will always be around 6, 7, 8 positions with squad we have and at a push depending on other teams maybe a 5th .to get better and do better we need better players who know their job and who make a difference .lloris makes huge difference , no other defender does and it's argument to see who is worse from individual point of view

I think that you are over egging your criticism a bit here.

I think that you are over egging your criticism a bit here.
Ur right , sorry .. Just wanna see better defenders brought in as I think ones we have just not good enough to get us where we wanna go , simple as that . Hard to get rid of them though which must be a full time job in itself

I don't think that you should get defensive. I am not trying to trip you up, I just think it is easier to discuss a players strength or weaknesses if we talk about specifics.

I thought this comparison against some of the left backs in the teams that finished above us might give us a decent comparison

https://tinyurl.com/phjleux

Not getting defensive really , that's a decent comparison but not sure what that would tell us . Clichy plays for club where they rotate for fun , Montreal is a total reserve isn't he ? Shaw barely gets game ?? Or didn't at least !! Chelsea lad top defender , pure defender who offers great protection and is just solid !!

Not getting defensive really , that's a decent comparison but not sure what that would tell us . Clichy plays for club where they rotate for fun , Montreal is a total reserve isn't he ? Shaw barely gets game ?? Or didn't at least !! Chelsea lad top defender , pure defender who offers great protection and is just solid !!

If you look at the top you can see how many games and minutes they played. Monreal played pretty much exactly as much as Rose last season.

Back