• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

Is there a possibility that due to Barcelona's transfer embargo that Alen Hailovic's deal will have to be cancelled.

They claim it was agreed before the ban.

In any case they will appeal and drag it out til after this summers window so they will be able to buy players until such time as the appeal process is going on.

They claim it was agreed before the ban.

In any case they will appeal and drag it out til after this summers window so they will be able to buy players until such time as the appeal process is going on.

That shouldn't matter. His registration can't be transferred until 1 July, at which time Barca aren't allowed to sign anyone.

I suppose they only have to delay it enough to have just one day where they can sign players. :lol:

I heard he works in finance now.

He lead a consortium who tried to purchase Portsmouth back in 2009, perhaps Ramon will be THFC chairman some day :-k

VSAM - Vega Swiss Asset Management
Swiss citizen of Spanish origin. In 2008, he founded Vega Swiss Asset Management UK LLP. In 2002, he was a founding member of Duet Asset Management, a London-based hedge fund, which currently manages $2.5bn.

Ramon left Duet in 2008. Ramon is also the chairman and owner of Matterhorn Capital in Switzerland, a real estate company focusing on boutique hotels around Europe.

He was a professional footballer for Switzerland, Tottenham Hotspur and Celtic Glasgow.

Ramon holds a business degree with a specialization in Banking, Finance and Corporate Finance from the Zurich Business School.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000189155

I'd say yes. He would probably be a better back up than Naughton and can replace one of our older defenders who have only a few years left.

Problem would be how he'd perform having barely played any first team football over the last couple of years.

The problem is that he's not very good at either and would want silly wages.

Would feel like a step sideways to me. Not quite good enough, unfulfilled potential, useful squad player perhaps, but not good enough to be first choice. Seems like a description that would fit a few too many of the defenders(/players) we already have and not what we should look to bring in.

I wouldn't be against Lescott for a season to bring some experience and knowledge of this league as a I imagine we will sign at least 2 defenders from abroad this season.

wouldn't have either myself, we have 2 better players in each position already, if we are gonna pay that kind of wage it should be for a guaranteed starter

I wouldn't be against Lescott for a season to bring some experience and knowledge of this league as a I imagine we will sign at least 2 defenders from abroad this season.

Never struck me as a leader or organizer. Much like Kaboul and Dawson I think Lescott is alright, but depends on having someone next to him that makes him better rather than making others better himself.

According to reports, Tottenham are looking to West Bromich Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster as a replacement for Hugo Lloris in the summer with suggestions that he could leave for Champions League football with Paris Saint-Germain.

The French champions are expected to make a bid at the end of the season with Lloris having already admitted he will consider his future at White Hart Lane should they miss out on a top four finish this season.

The Mirror reveals Tottenham are preparing themselves for a bid from PSG in the summer by lining up Foster who was unable to stop Spurs from scoring three goals on Saturday to complete a comeback draw at the Hawthorns.

Despite conceding three goals, Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood branded the Baggies ‘keeper as man of the match and, although he may not be in charge next season, Tottenham are expected to be very interested in making a move.

Foster would prove a cheap but experienced option as Tottenham look to spend wisely in the summer.

According to reports, Tottenham are looking to West Bromich Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster as a replacement for Hugo Lloris in the summer with suggestions that he could leave for Champions League football with Paris Saint-Germain.

The French champions are expected to make a bid at the end of the season with Lloris having already admitted he will consider his future at White Hart Lane should they miss out on a top four finish this season.

The Mirror reveals Tottenham are preparing themselves for a bid from PSG in the summer by lining up Foster who was unable to stop Spurs from scoring three goals on Saturday to complete a comeback draw at the Hawthorns.

Despite conceding three goals, Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood branded the Baggies ‘keeper as man of the match and, although he may not be in charge next season, Tottenham are expected to be very interested in making a move.

Foster would prove a cheap but experienced option as Tottenham look to spend wisely in the summer.

Could do a lot worse and would increase our home grown talent tally in the squad, which we may need if we are looking to offload Naughton,Dawson and Lennon

Could do a lot worse and would increase our home grown talent tally in the squad, which we may need if we are looking to offload Naughton,Dawson and Lennon

Interestingly this would also be the case for Begovic if we went for him instead. Imo quite clearly the better option.

Levy needs to learn from Liverpool. Keep your best players at all costs, if Lloris is allowed to leave that'll be another nail in the coffin for our current regime. Bring in a competent manager and tell any players we need to keep to put up and shut up.

Back