• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

Surprised why so many are so against bringing Caulker back. By all accounts, he's been a colossus for Cardiff this season. He's also an academy lad, who has popped up with 5 goals for CC this season.

Maybe he's not Maldini, but I'd think he'd be a solid signing. He's still young, too. I feel like a CB group of Jan, Vlad, Caulker, and one more experienced CB (Lescott? Lovren? Alderwiereld?) to go w/ the rising Velkovic would be pretty solid.

Read that Man U are prepared to let Powell go, if true we should be all over that. It would be like them letting Progba go he will need a season on loan somewhere in the prem first but he is going to be a top player like Barkley, Shaw and Lallana.

He is a great young player who would do a job now for most sides... Except he is foreign so not favoured by most

Would love him to sign for us

Surprised why so many are so against bringing Caulker back. By all accounts, he's been a colossus for Cardiff this season. He's also an academy lad, who has popped up with 5 goals for CC this season.

Maybe he's not Maldini, but I'd think he'd be a solid signing. He's still young, too. I feel like a CB group of Jan, Vlad, Caulker, and one more experienced CB (Lescott? Lovren? Alderwiereld?) to go w/ the rising Velkovic would be pretty solid.

He has made a habit of trying but failing ... Gets caught out a lot ball watching from what I've seen

He may turn out better in a better side but he hasn't progressed at all there IMO

To be fair to Caulker, some of the players in that back line are absolutely shocking.

Read that Man U are prepared to let Powell go, if true we should be all over that. It would be like them letting Progba go he will need a season on loan somewhere in the prem first but he is going to be a top player like Barkley, Shaw and Lallana.

I agree. Powell is a great player.

I think I read that they will let Zaha go as well.

Lucas Moura
---------------
Apparently "sources" indicate that this guy is high up on LVG's shopping list and that he has been linked with a move away recently. Personally I think it's a load of BS, especially if we are going to keep Lamela who from what I can tell plays in the same position.
http://www.footballdirectnews.com/p...am-linked-with-brazil-winger.php#.U0HQbKK5dhc

2/5 If PSG are seriously in for Hugo then we could feasibly use this guy as a makeweight. It would likely result in us spending money though. The only factor I can think of here is that PSG are very publicy courting Eden Hazard whom presumably would command a spot alongside Zlatan and Cavani. Maybe Moura would look for a move away, but I doubt we would be his eventual destination.

I agree. Powell is a great player.

I think I read that they will let Zaha go as well.

I would look into a deal for Powell and also Deeney at Watford I am convinced he can do for us what Sturride does for Liverpool and would represent a good 3rd choice striker.

Caulker has put in some of the best performances from a cb in the league this season.

Lucas Moura
---------------
Apparently "sources" indicate that this guy is high up on LVG's shopping list and that he has been linked with a move away recently. Personally I think it's a load of BS, especially if we are going to keep Lamela who from what I can tell plays in the same position.
http://www.footballdirectnews.com/p...am-linked-with-brazil-winger.php#.U0HQbKK5dhc

2/5 If PSG are seriously in for Hugo then we could feasibly use this guy as a makeweight. It would likely result in us spending money though. The only factor I can think of here is that PSG are very publicy courting Eden Hazard whom presumably would command a spot alongside Zlatan and Cavani. Maybe Moura would look for a move away, but I doubt we would be his eventual destination.

Cavani keeps hinting at a move away due to playing out wide, if he was to go Lucas would be his replacement.

Caulker has put in some of the best performances from a cb in the league this season.

Yeah, i've been very impressed by him when I've watched Cardiff this season, seems to have improved a lot since he was here and he's a massive threat from set pieces.

From a very good source we've been speaking to milner and his camp last month or so.

I think he could be a great player to have around if he can find his top form, I haven't consistently seen him play this season but he's looked good in the times I have seen him.

A player bringing lots of experience and at 28, has plenty of time left.

From a very good source we've been speaking to milner and his camp last month or so.

wouldn't make any sense to me. I'm not sure if he'd be an upgrade on any of our options going forward or in centre midfield.

he'd just add to the 323889er0231 midfielders we've already got

James Milner just about sums up everything that's wrong with English football at the moment. I bet he'd be Timmeh's #1 target.

Is this ITK style knowledge WhoopWhoop or an article published somewhere?

I can't stand James Milner. I really can't see why he is so highly rated, why he is regularly selected for England and how he's still playing for Emirates Marketing Project.

He's slow and works hard but you need more than that.

No thanks.

Back